Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A GM cybers with a player.

Comments

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051
    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

Originally posted by Umbral

Originally posted by rav3n2

Flirting between teachers and students is NOT a normal thing and it's against the law in some cases.

But lets not be hypocrites, we know it happens sometimes and no one get hurt.

Yeah. Except when it's discovered, people go to prison... at least in almost every country in the world.

DB

What?

You mean, when a 20 years old university student flirt in a soft way and make some light jokes with his teacher he goes to prison?

I dont think you understood what I said Donnie.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

WOW!  Some of you are just ignorant to this sort of thing...

A GM can't cyber with the playerbase.  No doubt that FunCom or ANY company for that matter would severely punish this person if they knew about it.  It's a liability to have this sort of conduct taking place by an employee.

So as funny as it is, as pathetic and lonely as it seems, it's a major liability for FunCom.  This dude needs to be fired.  How freaking dumb can you be?

It is funny though.

Tecmo Bowl.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

hahaha he is so fired.

cant stop laughing though... nice one :)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

Originally posted by rav3n2

Flirting between teachers and students is NOT a normal thing and it's against the law in some cases.

But lets not be hypocrites, we know it happens sometimes and no one get hurt.

Yeah. Except when it's discovered, people go to prison... at least in almost every country in the world.

DB

What?

You mean, when a 20 years old university student flirt in a soft way and make some light jokes with his teacher he goes to prison?

To be fair, you did just say "student".

• jy88902jy88902 Member Posts: 293

What?

First of all, what happened in that screenshot wasn't really a soft flirt and some light jokes.

Secondly, if the student is under 18 years old (you never mentioned age in your original post), then yes, the teacher will go to prison. If the student is over 18 years old, the teacher/professor will be fired on the spot no questions asked with his/her career on serious jeopardy.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by jy88902

What?

First of all, what happened in that screenshot wasn't really a soft flirt and some light jokes.

Secondly, if the student is under 18 years old (you never mentioned age in your original post), then yes, the teacher will go to prison. If the student is over 18 years old, the teacher/professor will be fired on the spot no questions asked.

I had posted a nice picture of Chris Hanson from dateline earlier to emphasize this but I think the mods deleted it.

Secondly, if the student is under 18 years old (you never mentioned age in your original post), then yes, the teacher will go to prison. If the student is over 18 years old, the teacher/professor will be fired on the spot no questions asked with his/her career on serious jeopardy.

I didnt said the student would be a minor too, right?

Anyway, it is pretty normal even a 16 years old students flirt a bit (or at least try) with a  teacher.

And yes, I know if a teacher flirt with a student he/she can have some serious career issues, but what I said is, lets not be hypocrites, this kind of thing happens and it is a human thing as everything related to sexuality.

But please, lets not compare a silly GM and a manipulative player with a teacher and a kid.

As I said for me this situation is pretty normal, the GM was naive and not professional, yes, he acted in a social way, not a professional way.

But everyone in AoC should be 18+ , this is why when I saw the OP comparing this to a teacher and student situation I automatically presumed it was between 18+ people.

If this situation happens in a game like Ragnarok, it would be different.

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

I didnt said the student would be a minor too, right?

Anyway, it is pretty normal even a 16 years old students flirt a bit (or at least try) with a  teacher.

And yes, I know if a teacher flirt with a student he/she can have some serious career issues, but what I said is, lets not be hypocrites, this kind of thing happens and it is a human thing as everything related to sexuality.

But please, lets not compare a silly GM and a manipulative player with a teacher and a kid.

Tell Chris Hansen we said hello when you run into him, Umbral.

Murphys123

Please, read what I said above you, I edited to add a bit more in the age issue.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I agree with Umbral...it's not really a big deal.

It seemed like he was just joking..going along with it...it's wierd, but I don't really see this as a problem.  I found it pretty humorous.

The guy who did this should be ashamed.  He tricked another man into cybering with him, yet everyone takes shots at the GM....seriously?  Is the fact that this lowlife acted like a girl to get some guy turned on and cyber with him not somehow open for attack...? 

You attack this harmless GM who went to help the player instead  of this lowlife who acted like a girl and tricked the GM into cybering?! 

I don't understand..

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by Teala

Geez...if you are going to cyber at least do it over the phone!   LOL!

So Um...I was thinking.

You should give me a call some time. :)

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

The GM knew he shouldnt be doing it regardless of what some of you think. If it was ok but just unprofessional why was he so concerned if the other player was 18+? Its pathetic is what it is.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

This reminds me of a case in Denmark where a safe chat consulant was found to have tricked young women into having sex with him, some of whose he met through chats.

This not being anything as severe though, just thought i'd mention it.

Originally posted by mike470

It seemed like he was just joking..going along with it...it's wierd, but I don't really see this as a problem.  I found it pretty humorous.
    The guy who did this should be ashamed.  He tricked another man into cybering with him, yet everyone takes shots at the GM....seriously?  Is the fact that this lowlife acted like a girl to get some guy turned on and cyber with him not somehow open for attack...? 
    You attack this harmless GM who went to help the player instead  of this lowlife who acted like a girl and tricked the GM into cybering?! 
    I don't understand..

The actions of some random douchebag player has no affect on anyone else, so nobody gives a fuck about it.

The unprofessionalism showed by this idiot GM on the other hand, DOES affect the other players because he works as a GM in an environment that customers pay to play in.

It's very basic common sense.

Btw, the GM was ABSOLUTELY NOT "just joking" and "going along with it". If you can't tell the difference then there's really nothing anyone can say to you.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

lol and this is game breaking how? Or better yet how did THIS event affect your gameplay? I talk to a GM MAYBE once a month, shit for how long i wait for her to answer she better talk nasty and fix my problem.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Teala

Geez...if you are going to cyber at least do it over the phone!   LOL!

Assuming they are both heterosexual, that may not be an easy choice. :(

• OpticaleyeOpticaleye Member Posts: 498

Well i can see an internal memo and perhaps a demotion to the coding department.Interesting though.Im sure FC is not happy with this getting out although it cant be helped.

How embarrasing for them at this point FC needs professionalism to help them out with a bad rep.

What is your physical limit?

I don't understand..

We share the same point of view Mike and you expressed in a very good way what I tried to say a couple of times here.

Well, but for some reason, it seems to be the minority opinion.

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

I don't understand..

We share the same point of view Mike and you expressed in a very good way what I tried to say a couple of times here.

Well, but for some reason, it seems to be the minority opinion.

Well of course, the petitioner who started it is definitely a lowlife. But the GM isn't that much better either. At first, it seemed like the GM was just playing along to me. Then it got a little wierd on BOTH parts if you read the entire thing.

People are more angry with the GM rather then the petitioner because the GM is supposed to act at least a little professional, after all, it is his job. When he's probably got 14 other petitioners who have actual issues, he's dancing around nude in cyberspace. At least it shows you what is taking so long for GMs to respond for.

Short and simple, you don't get "tricked" into cybering. If you're a mature person you can see when the line is crossed between joking and sexual roleplay, whether you're like us viewing this example of cybering or are being asked to cyber conspicuously yourself. And if anyone should know this it's an MMORPG GM, and it just makes FC look bad.

/end response

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• UbieUbie Member Posts: 185

This is just one more example of what Aoc has become in only two months.  I understand the "Fanboy Brigade" will try to spin this into something 'normal' or 'acceptable', but  most of the community will see it for what it is.  The AoC Official Forums are in flames over the patches, bugs, gm behavior, and the censorship/deletion of any negative post. AoC's future looks dim unless Funcom can clean the idiots from its ranks.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

This has GOT to be on the official forums somewhere....this is just too good

Originally posted by Ghost12

This has GOT to be on the official forums somewhere....this is just too good

You can't seriously believe it'll last more than 30 seconds on the official forum with volunteer fanboy mods running amok?

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

So it's not bad enough we need to remember that most female avatars are men, now we have to worry about women pretending to be men pretending to be women who are actually men.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

seems like a fairly large accusation, seems like the kid that's being "cybered" with is doing most of the dirty work, let's be realistic here, they arent hiring 13 year old horney kids to be GM's no matter how poor the game turned out, they just arent. But to accuse the GM of doing something so vulgar is pretty sad on your own part, the massive chunk of it is clearly a joke turned arry (sp?) anyway..

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• sigamonsigamon Member Posts: 230

lol that gm was cybering. i dont know why you all are like it was just a joke. read it over again, lol that was to damn funny.

This discussion has been closed.