Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A GM cybers with a player.

Comments

• ImjinImjin Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by Umbral

JarredStone
    I cant belive you really think the GM is cybering, how naive can you be?
    The GM is just joking, nothing more, it is pretty clear he noticed the other person is joking and tried to be funny, just that.
    He is just joking and socialazing, nothing more, if you think this is sexual language, I think something must be wrong with you.
    arent this : [|GM|]: I'm wearing panties :]

[|GM|]:(joke)  clear to you?
    Ok Ok, Funcom is making a lot of mistakes, but really, lets give this GM a break...

Did you read the whole thing? hes an employeee and representative of the company for God's sake. This wasnt tow players talking.

So I am guessing your world ( from reading some of the nonsense youve used to defend this idiot) that if someone "baits" someone then everything after that poin tis ok? If so enjoy your jail time because you will find that is not reality.

Fungerer som det skal

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Originally posted by LostMK

The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title. WoWchildren can STFU and GTFO. =D

Oh My God.

You have totally absolutely no clue whatsoever. What the hell does an "M" rating to do with the task and duties of a GM???

DB

The fact that M rating means Mature clients meaning they are consenting adults. Unless the gm was running around sending perverted pms then whats teh problem.

This guy is obviously a douche, he started the conversation, leads it down the path it goes, then posts screensshots about it after he cleans himself up. 

You are supposed to be adults, you dont want to cyber, dont talk dirty, the M rating means people take some fucking responsibility. Tasks, and duties of a gm, give me a break, what about what we hold the players accountable for.

I dont know why customers think they have free reign to act like dicks,

You didn't get the point either. 2 main flaws in your argument.

1. A game's rating means that it has certain kind of content: "M" rated games/movies are supposed to have mature content.  How in hell would it determine its playerbase? You gotta be joking :))  How on earth would a developer publisher have ANY control over its audience??? They have control over other things, like...

2. Their employees. Now, again, content rating has absolutely ZERO to do with the professionalism of their employees. A GM is a GM in Hello Kitty online, in WOW and in AOC. Everywhere. They CAN NEVER go into "play" with any of their customer. They can NOT flirt with their customers. Cannot swear to their customers, be arrogent or condescending to them - in short, they have to be PROFESSIONALS, and it does not matter if that customer is a mature, normal adult, an 8 year old kid or a flaming psychopat. They always MUST behave professionally. It is part of their job.

Hope you got the point finally. Stop mixing totally independent issues pls.

(Edit: Rav3n2, again we're on the same platform :))

DB

You clearly dont know what the intended point of the esrb rating is, Mature = 17 older, 18 or older depending on where you ar efrom. You cant even buy a mature game in canada if your not over 18, thats how it determines the intended player base, if somoene is below that age and has age of conan that measn some douchebag parent isnt doing their job. Like i said, PERSONAL responsibility, you didnt hear me say the publisher has to make sure a mature base players their game because of the rating.

Professionalism depends on the job, i have been in several customer support roles in my time, some jobs require a higher level of respect then others, i have been in support jobs where i can swear, get casual, flirt with the customer as long as im doing my job, and others where i cant even speak in a negative tone to the cusotmer.

You dont know what the GM code of conduct is, and it isnt universal, whoever put that shit in your head has you confused.

Thats the problem with society today, they expect someone else to govern them, the level of common sense has fallen so far, that if you even if you suggest someone uses common sense you should expect the worst., you expect the companys to childproof the world for you, and then bite them when you intentionally break the rules. Its people like you, why we have directions on pop tarts, because youd fucking burn yourself, and then blame the company for not telling you pop tarts out of the toaster are hot.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Seems GM means Grand Moron in Funcom.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by bcrankshaw

.It is funny ..but the reaction it's getting is "typical Funcom "...or " what do you excpect from Funcom " ...etc etc
    My point is this should not be a reflection on Funcom as this is one specific incident of this nature .I know the GM's  in AOC  are unliked and arrogant  ..it's one of the reasons I left AOC but its unfair to use this example to attack Funcom...and thats how this is being recieved .My point is I believe this could happen in any MMO with the right personality of a GM "

I agree

its amusing but dont see this as a valid reason to bring on the fire and pitchforks

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

When I realised the quality and professionalism of my peers, I turned in my GM account.

Regardless of implied humour, this is not the best way to behave when representing a company.

• LostMKLostMK Member UncommonPosts: 27

-no-

• DeatonisDeatonis Member UncommonPosts: 5

The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title. WoWchildren can STFU and GTFO. =D

Oh My God.

You have totally absolutely no clue whatsoever. What the hell does an "M" rating to do with the task and duties of a GM???

DB

The fact that M rating means Mature clients meaning they are consenting adults. Unless the gm was running around sending perverted pms then whats teh problem.

This guy is obviously a douche, he started the conversation, leads it down the path it goes, then posts screensshots about it after he cleans himself up. 

You are supposed to be adults, you dont want to cyber, dont talk dirty, the M rating means people take some fucking responsibility. Tasks, and duties of a gm, give me a break, what about what we hold the players accountable for.

1. A game's rating means that it has certain kind of content: "M" rated games/movies are supposed to have mature content.  How in hell would it determine its playerbase? You gotta be joking :))  How on earth would a developer publisher have ANY control over its audience??? They have control over other things, like...

2. Their employees. Now, again, content rating has absolutely ZERO to do with the professionalism of their employees. A GM is a GM in Hello Kitty online, in WOW and in AOC. Everywhere. They CAN NEVER go into "play" with any of their customer. They can NOT flirt with their customers. Cannot swear to their customers, be arrogent or condescending to them - in short, they have to be PROFESSIONALS, and it does not matter if that customer is a mature, normal adult, an 8 year old kid or a flaming psychopat. They always MUST behave professionally. It is part of their job.

DB

You clearly dont know what the intended point of the esrb rating is, Mature = 17 older, 18 or older depending on where you ar efrom. You cant even buy a mature game in canada if your not over 18, thats how it determines the intended player base, if somoene is below that age and has age of conan that measn some douchebag parent isnt doing their job. Like i said, PERSONAL responsibility, you didnt hear me say the publisher has to make sure a mature base players their game because of the rating.

Professionalism depends on the job, i have been in several customer support roles in my time, some jobs require a higher level of respect then others, i have been in support jobs where i can swear, get casual, flirt with the customer as long as im doing my job, and others where i cant even speak in a negative tone to the cusotmer.

You dont know what the GM code of conduct is, and it isnt universal, whoever put that shit in your head has you confused.

Thats the problem with society today, they expect someone else to govern them, the level of common sense has fallen so far, that if you even if you suggest someone uses common sense you should expect the worst., you expect the companys to childproof the world for you, and then bite them when you intentionally break the rules. Its people like you, why we have directions on pop tarts, because youd fucking burn yourself, and then blame the company for not telling you pop tarts out of the toaster are hot.

I honestly dont care what professions youve been in, because youre thread author and have forum and gaming experience doesnt make you any one important and infact im considering you kinda low lifish right now especially after what youve said about gm code of conduct and im actually doubt youve been anything but a v-gm or just a let in considering it is illegal for gms to be too friendly with a client because if you give any sort of 'special' treatment it voids a whole bunch of laws and rights, this isnt a problem with society; its a problem with you and maybe a tad of society. That tad would be disrespectful lots who think theyre some body and theyre not, even if youve made a name for yourself in one regard you sure havent made it as a political individual.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Still won't change the fact that this GM was ridiculously unprofessional.

It's funny though, how anyone would argue that a role of an AoC GM would actually allow playing cyber with a customer, regardless of who actually initiated it - are you really, really arguing this way?

If you still insist on not seeing that bad point here, you're not only clueless but a sad fanboi too.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

Originally posted by Deatonis

I honestly dont care what professions youve been in, because youre thread author and have forum and gaming experience doesnt make you any one important and infact im considering you kinda low lifish right now especially after what youve said about gm code of conduct and im actually doubt youve been anything but a v-gm or just a let in considering it is illegal for gms to be too friendly with a client because if you give any sort of 'special' treatment it voids a whole bunch of laws and rights, this isnt a problem with society; its a problem with you and maybe a tad of society. That tad would be disrespectful lots who think theyre some body and theyre not, even if youve made a name for yourself in one regard you sure havent made it as a political individual.

QFT., The guy talks out off his ass. No customer service allows that kind of crap with customers. Been working in customer service basically in my whole professional life (10 yrs - a little sales on the side). That post was full of it... (check my post above).

DB

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Oh My God.

DB

DB

Somehow I find it hard to take advice on professionalism from you. Never heard of a support job where acting like a twat is accepted (see red text).

O_o o_O

Originally posted by Bigdavo

Somehow I find it hard to take advice on professionalism from you. Never heard of a support job where acting like a twat is accepted (see red text).

Probably worked in sex-hotline phone service? :P

DB

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Now we know why player petitions sit in the que all night or get deleted at the end of a shift.

[GM] : I see you are stuck in the world geometry.

[Player] : Yes, I petitioned 4 hours ago.

[GM] : Ok, I can fix that for you, but first daddy wants to see you dance.  C'mon dance for daddy.

Originally posted by Daffid011

Now we know why player petitions sit in the que all night or get deleted at the end of a shift.

[GM] : Ok, I can fix that for you, but first daddy wants to see you dance.  C'mon dance for daddy.

You owe me a new keyboard! ROTFL

DB

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5971/gmyp0.jpg

• Fr0z3nSiNxFr0z3nSiNx Member Posts: 35

This is grade A CYBERING!

If you can't even tell the difference between joking and being serious, then you need to recheck yourself.

At first the GM was playing along, but as the conversation went on the GM actually became sexually attracted to the player and starts to get more uh... "detailed".

Fix broken GMs.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

HAHA made my day!

• sonicringsonicring Member UncommonPosts: 44

Hillarious bravo well rp'ed.

• ShariahShariah Member Posts: 4

This is Funcom's official code of conduct for every employee:

http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&func_id=1194&table=CONTENT

I would say that if you are porting players for slap and tickle, really do it on your own time and dime, then you are violating thier employment rules.

I could give a rat's ass if the GM on his own time and dime had his own harem of cyber bunnies.  He shouldn't be doing it while 1) representing his employer and 2) Getting paid to perform...with petitions people, sickos.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Does this type of service cost extra per month or what?

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Death.....

Has Never.....

Looked.....

So.....

HOT

.....In Bed

STOP WHINING!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

For those few here who believe because the game is rated "M" it is perfectly fine for the GM to behave in this way, I say we all agree with you.

Now send the screenshots to the ESRB with a formal request that the game should be rated "AO" due to paid sex chat provided by the company ( if FC doesn't mind it, then they endorse it ).

Simple solution, yes?

• veratutazzveratutazz Member UncommonPosts: 136

Not to give the impression that I condone this kind of behavior (If, indeed, it did happen and is not a mocked up hoax) but this kind of thing happens more than most people probably realize.

Back about a decade ago when i was working for AOL tech support (please, no hateraide. I quit the job too) Our QC department (Thats Quality Control) recorded a tech support girl having phone sex with a caller.

And im not talking this kinda RP-ish crap.. Im talking a full-on phone beat-off complete with customer "happy ending" and exchange of phone numbers.

Of course, the girl was "escorted" to the door ASAP and the tape was confiscated by management STAT. But not before all the team leads took their "break" in the QC booth to hear the highlights.

Sad thing was, the girl was a daughter of one of the team leads (thats how she got the job).

Yeah. these things happen.

• chop3593chop3593 Member Posts: 55

I wonder if this is real, if the gm can get in trouble  

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

lolwut

this is one of the most stupid and funniest things I've seen posted here.

EDIT: changed "stupidest" to most stupid... that would be ironic.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• LondonMagusLondonMagus Member Posts: 700

LOL, That's the funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Regardless of the game's rating,  the GM was supposed to be an official representative of Funcom and his behaviour was both unprofessional & unacceptable.

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

This discussion has been closed.