Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tibia is Hardcore

AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76

I see alot of people QQ'ing about tibia weak points, no sound, no graphics, not enough mobs, to high DP.

First of, this is one of the first MMO's made, and hell ive played this diamond from 2000-2007 and some short times between.

However the game slowly got ripped apart, due to raising population. And kids QQ'ing about updates. And its logical the creators give us what we want.

This game has almost been destroyed by people that don't understand what games are all about. Besides no game will ever beat this one for me.

So stop your QQ'ing because this game is for Oldskool Die hards. Even the people with bots can't surpass the politics in this game.

Greetings from Holland

Comments

• HealthyyHealthyy Member UncommonPosts: 112

Completely Agreed with you Atomy !!

I've played a lot of games, tibia is THE BEST !

Greetings from Belgium :D

• PwningStickPwningStick Member Posts: 2

I wish they would just make a server using 7.0 rules. That's when I thought the game was perfect. No red skulls bs lol

• cryoescryoes Member Posts: 1

Tibia is for basement losers with no life.. if thats what you mean by hardcore.

• popingaypopingay Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Atomy

I see alot of people QQ'ing about tibia weak points, no sound, no graphics, not enough mobs, to high DP.

First of, this is one of the first MMO's made, and hell ive played this diamond from 2000-2007 and some short times between.

However the game slowly got ripped apart, due to raising population. And kids QQ'ing about updates. And its logical the creators give us what we want.

This game has almost been destroyed by people that don't understand what games are all about. Besides no game will ever beat this one for me.

So stop your QQ'ing because this game is for Oldskool Die hards. Even the people with bots can't surpass the politics in this game.

Greetings from Holland

well said.

• mello210mello210 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Tibia is the best MMORPG 2D, 60K Online per day,and much Fun.

Greetings from Brazil 

• BuplerBupler Member Posts: 5

Agreed, Tibia is a very fun yet hard game. I played other mmorpg but in the end I still came back for Tibia. It's the best!

The All Tibia Guide!
    Please visit:
    http://alltibiaguide.webs.com/

Earn Money By Clicking:
    http://nomincashout.com/index.php/Bupler.html

• ZapffeZapffe Member Posts: 1

Correction: Tibia WAS hardcore.

I played it from 2000-2004 (and gave away my account to determinly quit), and then some off and on periods from 2004 and 'til present time (made myself a new account a few weeks ago; think it's my 3rd new account since quitting in 04). One can easily see that it has turned for the worse in the hardcore aspect. It still enjoys its freedom of course, but it has lost a lot of it as well.

It's still a great game, having gained a lot more content, but the game itself has lost its fresh spirit. However, there is much that can be learned from the game that could be used in creating an even better game. Heck, with the large uprising in MMORPGs there are a lot of lessons to be learned within the business.

At the moment I'm playing World of Warcraft (having played since Fall 2005; albeit I'm playing very casually atm, currently leveling my lvl 78 DK to level 80, so that I have all classes at lvl 80) and still push in some time to play Tibia. One can at once notice that being a low level in Tibia is quite different from being a low level in WoW; it's like I read in one of these threads, they are like orange and apples, different, but good in their own way. I just hope there'll be another sandbox mmo that'll bring forth the craziness that lead me to search to read every tibian book I could find in hope of finding some quest hinted somewhere that'd lead me to heavenly riches.

... and, yeah, the skull system was definantly a bad idea. Sandbox-games are more affected by changes that restrict than linear games. I still miss Mt. Sternum GS that'd trap itself in by poison spiders and would then be killed by my lil' lvl 8 alt paladin standing there with a ton of arrows and his faithful bow. I miss all the crazy summoning of dragons that brought disaster upon Thais. I miss pulled GSs. I miss a relatively limited populated Antica.

And albeit I always hated the childish drama, the crazy killing sprees and the loss of item/skill/exp; I guess I indirectly miss them as well.

A great game that's gotten worse, but which is still great; that's Tibia. A great example that graphics don't matter as much as one'd think.

• DaregoDarego Member Posts: 13

totally agree with the thread starter and even more so with the guy above me. i've been playing this game since 2003 when it was actually an amazing game, allthough sadly the same can not be said nowadays. updates have pushed all the old school players away and now it's my turn. anyone know any games that come close to old school tibia? :)

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122

You it look like a good game except when i played it it crashed ever 5 mins. Any help ?

• diddyliddydiddyliddy Member Posts: 2
    I agree with OP. Tibia is not for everyone. The reason it is getting worse by each update is because the devs are trying to make it much more casual friendly, thus trying to compete with games like LoL and Wow etc. but they're driving away their real userbase of hardcore gamers!
  • JOHN.HENRY.EDENJOHN.HENRY.EDEN Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by diddyliddy
    I agree with OP. Tibia is not for everyone. The reason it is getting worse by each update is because the devs are trying to make it much more casual friendly, thus trying to compete with games like LoL and Wow etc. but they're driving away their real userbase of hardcore gamers!

What 'hardcore' means for you? Is hardcore gamer the one that has 150+ level, member of the dominant guild and he is taking down random newcomers who didn't even have opportunity to find in-game mates, level up or get gold to pay the extortion?

How official Tibia looks today is one dominant BR guild on every server. Even in Europe the dominant guilds are led by BR's.

When shitsoft removed GameMasters from the game, the balance was lost. Those retards are bored because they created unconquerable guilds and they are waiting impatiently for someone to come to the game, farm some decent portion of gold so that they can't start extort him. And no, they won't let him go after he paid. 

Even with more rigorous system of skulls. An average guild has ~200 members, that gives them opportunity to do ~1000 unjustified kills weekly without getting black skull. They don't mind red skull anyway because they gathered all high level players.

So either I have to choose optional pvp and give up pvp completely or join random server and pray they won't notice my presence, if they do, I can already abandon the server. Game can easily be rebranded to BRIBIA and servers changed to Bruzera #1, Bruzera #2 etc

QA time

Q: Why they won't split? Why they stick in massive groups?

A: http://i.imgur.com/S7zVVRP.png

Q: Why they take extortion and keep on hunting.

A: Because they try to act like mafia but in reality they are dumb as fuck (I recommend: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/)

Q: Are you writing this because you got pwned by BR's recently?

A: yes

Q: JAJAJAJA KKKKKKKKKKKK U HUNTED U DEATH BR BR BR ABOVE THE SKIES

A: ... (oh wait, that wasn't a question)

• SetEssentialSetEssential Member UncommonPosts: 28
    What is so "Hardcore" about botting afk 247?
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Tibia gives you the true mmo experience.

No other mmo has given me the sense of adventure, fun and frustration as tibia has.

Tibia is a prime example that graphics and fanciness can't compete with gameplay and game design.

I hope it stays around for years to come !

• xenix2012xenix2012 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Tibia was first mmo I've ever played, and even now, with all this bots its fun to play and some time i go back to this game :)

Nie ma spokoju, jest tylko pasja.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I think I would still be playing it if it wasn't for the insane death penalty (losing days of skill training and 2-3 levels) and the fact that it's all griefers that bot their way to supremacy and then just kill people all the time for fun.  If death wasn't such a crushing blow that wouldn't bother me....but yeesh.  You basically lose a week every time you die....that's just too much for me.