Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

A GM cybers with a player.

2456712

Comments

  • BigdavoBigdavo BrisbanePosts: 2,065Member
    Originally posted by Umbral


    JarredStone
    The fact I disagree with you dont turn me into a troll.
    The player didnt acted as he was offended and in my opinion this has nothing to do with the police example you used.
    Really, in my opinion lack of petition answers is an issue, what happened here is not, and yes, the player manipulated the situation.
    As I said, maybe it is a cultural thing, but it is clear my point of view about all this is not similar to yours, there is no reason to call me a troll because of that.
     
    ...



     

    Maybe you should have a laugh like the rest of us, instead of being an such a prig. If it wasn't for the player 'playing' along a little bit and making these screenies we wouldn't even know about this. Why does it make the player an 'idiot' for doing this, it's all in good fun. I believe there are some knots in your panties that need untieing, but if turning light-hearted threads into SERIOUS BIZNESS is your thing, well thats your prerogative.

    O_o o_O

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Umbral


    JarredStone
    The fact I disagree with you dont turn me into a troll.
    The player didnt acted as he was offended and in my opinion this has nothing to do with the police example you used.
    Really, in my opinion lack of petition answers is an issue, what happened here is not, and yes, the player manipulated the situation.
    As I said, maybe it is a cultural thing, but it is clear my point of view about all this is not similar to yours, there is no reason to call me a troll because of that.
     
    ...

     

    Again this is your opinion and is based on your own speculation. Ill give you a C+ for trying this hard to defend AoC.

    image

  • UmbralUmbral -Posts: 1,051Member

     

    Did I give you a reason to be offencive Bigdavo? I dont think so...

    And what are you talking about? I am the one saying this situation is pretty normal and nothing more.

     

    ...

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Umbral


     
    Did I give you a reason to be offencive Bigdavo? I dont think so...
    And what are you talking about? I am the one saying this situation is pretty normal and nothing more.
     
    ...

     

    This was like someone said being a joke or not VERY unprofessional, you'r saying that the player manipulated the situation and got a GM to teleport him to a different location, you cant see anything wrong with this situation?

    What is he gonna do next time, spawn some money so they can pretend they are hookers? Seriously think for a sec and stop blindly defending a situation that pretty much speaks for itself. This is NOT a normal situation that being them having Cyber  or the GM joking about and/or the Player manipulating a GM to the point the GM is gonna abuse his power in-game.

    image

  • UmbralUmbral -Posts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by rav3n2


     
    Again this is your opinion and is based on your own speculation. Ill give you a C+ for trying this hard to defend AoC.



     

    Sure, it is my opinion, as what you said is your opinion.

    But Im not defending AOC or any game, as I stated before, it doesnt matter if it was in AOC, WoW, EQ2 etc

    This is ( as you said ) my opinion about this situation, dont let your opinion about AOC blind you about what I said.

     

    ...

  • UmbralUmbral -Posts: 1,051Member

    Rav3n2

    Wait a second, first Im the one to blame because I disagree the GM is cybering and stated he is just joking...

    Then Im the one to blame because I said  flirt and jokes are a normal thing even between teachers and students.

    Then Im the one to blame because I took this subject TOO SERIOUS and now in your view Im the one to blame because Im not taking this situation too serious...

    nevermind...

     

     

    ...

  • jinxitjinxit Belfast (Northern Ireland)Posts: 863Member

    OP didnt you just do this to the GM? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Umbral


    Rav3n2
    Wait a second, first Im the one to blame because I disagree the GM is cybering and stated he is just joking...
    Then Im the one to blame because I said  flirt and jokes are a normal thing even between teachers and students.
    Then Im the one to blame because I took this subject TOO SERIOUS and now in your view Im the one to blame because Im not taking this situation too serious...
    nevermind...
     
     
    ...

     

    I think you are taking this the wrong way, im not blaming you for anything.

    Flirting between teachers and students is NOT a normal thing and it's against the law in some cases.

    Now back on the subject of the game, i am not blaming you of anything, just pointing out that your trying to find an excuse to "soften" this situation by basing your defense on "the GM was joking", bottom line being, EVEN if he was joking its still as serious and unprofessional as him just "joking around", this of course assuming they are both Adults(which they should be considering the game's rating).

    Again this is my opinion.

    image

  • UmbralUmbral -Posts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by jinxit


    OP didnt you just do this to the GM? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment



     

    This is a nice info Jinxit and I belive he did.

     

    ...

  • UmbralUmbral -Posts: 1,051Member
    Originally posted by rav3n2


     
     
    Flirting between teachers and students is NOT a normal thing and it's against the law in some cases.
     



     

    But lets not be hypocrites, we know it happens sometimes and no one get hurt.

     

    ...

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jinxit


    OP didnt you just do this to the GM? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

     

    Lol, are you serious?

    "Entrapment arises when a criminal is encouraged by someone in some official capacity to commit a crime."

    My advice is read what it actually means before posting it.

    image

  • AmalaricAmalaric KarlskogaPosts: 480Member
    Originally posted by JarredStone


    So one cold lonely night in the land of Hyboria the paths of one lonely barbarian and one especially lonely GM crossed paths.
    Where the hell do they get these morons?

     

    They are US closed beta testers that applied to become GMs.

    And the mods on the US forum are whackjobs aswell.

  • TealaTeala SomewherePosts: 7,430Member Uncommon

    Geez...if you are going to cyber at least do it over the phone!   LOL!

    image
  • bcrankshawbcrankshaw JohannesburgPosts: 547Member

    I have no issue with legitimate criticism at Funcom ,as most of the time it’s warranted but this is just sad and completely unnecessary . In any game if you meet someone who starts a lecherous conversation like the player did and encourages it you will get a reaction . The player talks about drug use and does manipulate the GM. It’s actually sad that he records it ..for what purpose to show that the GM is playing along ...or being serious .It’s irrelevant we will never know .The  fact is the player needs to get a life and realize this is a  petulant swipe at Funcom which I think is pathetic

     

    :)

    "after the time of dice came the day of mice "

  • JarredStoneJarredStone Toronto, ONPosts: 29Member
    Originally posted by bcrankshaw


    I have no issue with legitimate criticism at Funcom ,as most of the time it’s warranted but this is just sad and completely unnecessary . In any game if you meet someone who starts a lecherous conversation like the player did and encourages it you will get a reaction . The player talks about drug use and does manipulate the GM. It’s actually sad that he records it ..for what purpose to show that the GM is playing along ...or being serious .It’s irrelevant we will never know .The  fact is the player needs to get a life and realize this is a  petulant swipe at Funcom which I think is pathetic
     
    :)

     

    While I do agree with you, you miss the point of the thread.

  • bcrankshawbcrankshaw JohannesburgPosts: 547Member

    Okay maybe ,pleaze explain ? :)

    "after the time of dice came the day of mice "

  • DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco GalwayPosts: 1,757Member
    Originally posted by Umbral

    Originally posted by rav3n2


     
     
    Flirting between teachers and students is NOT a normal thing and it's against the law in some cases.
     



     

    But lets not be hypocrites, we know it happens sometimes and no one get hurt.

     

    ...



     

    Yeah. Except when it's discovered, people go to prison... at least in almost every country in the world.

    DB

    Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

  • JarredStoneJarredStone Toronto, ONPosts: 29Member

    Let me ask you this, have you seen a GM act in such an unprofessional and downright silly manner in any MMO? Maybe some of you, but probably not for the most of you. A simple shot at comedy, the same reason you have people post videos of fat kids to point and laugh at on youtube, so have I recorded a rather hilarious situation in which an employed Gamemaster sinks so low as to cyber with another player.

    I'm not here to state that Funcom employs sub-par employees and all the GMs might want to reconsider their position as a GM, but I feel that a situation such as this warrants a thread, at least for comedic value.

  • LostMKLostMK Willow Grove, PAPosts: 27Member

    The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title,

  • xanklarxanklar BrisvegasPosts: 83Member

    The secret's out ... we know now why he was being so defensive ...

    Umbral was that GM

     

  • DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco GalwayPosts: 1,757Member
    Originally posted by LostMK


    The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title. WoWchildren can STFU and GTFO. =D



     

    Oh My God.

    You have totally absolutely no clue whatsoever. What the hell does an "M" rating to do with the task and duties of a GM???

    DB

    Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

  • DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx North York, ONPosts: 2,360Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

    Originally posted by LostMK


    The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title. WoWchildren can STFU and GTFO. =D



     

    Oh My God.

    You have totally absolutely no clue whatsoever. What the hell does an "M" rating to do with the task and duties of a GM???

    DB

     

    The fact that M rating means Mature clients meaning they are consenting adults. Unless the gm was running around sending perverted pms then whats teh problem.

     

     

    This guy is obviously a douche, he started the conversation, leads it down the path it goes, then posts screensshots about it after he cleans himself up. 

     

    You are supposed to be adults, you dont want to cyber, dont talk dirty, the M rating means people take some fucking responsibility. Tasks, and duties of a gm, give me a break, what about what we hold the players accountable for.

    I dont know why customers think they have free reign to act like dicks,

    Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

    Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

    Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

  • bcrankshawbcrankshaw JohannesburgPosts: 547Member
    Originally posted by JarredStone


    Let me ask you this, have you seen a GM act in such an unprofessional and downright silly manner in any MMO? Maybe some of you, but probably not for the most of you. A simple shot at comedy, the same reason you have people post videos of fat kids to point and laugh at on youtube, so have I recorded a rather hilarious situation in which an employed Gamemaster sinks so low as to cyber with another player.
    I'm not here to state that Funcom employs sub-par employees and all the GMs might want to reconsider their position as a GM, but I feel that a situation such as this warrants a thread, at least for comedic value.



     

    Okay sure ,I hear you .It is funny ..but the reaction it's getting is "typical Funcom "...or " what do you excpect from Funcom " ...etc etc

    My point is this should not be a reflection on Funcom as this is one specific incident of this nature .I know the GM's  in AOC  are unliked and arrogant  ..it's one of the reasons I left AOC but its unfair to use this example to attack Funcom...and thats how this is being recieved .My point is I believe this could happen in any MMO with the right personality of a GM "

    "after the time of dice came the day of mice "

  • RavenRaven LondonPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

    Originally posted by LostMK


    The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title. WoWchildren can STFU and GTFO. =D



     

    Oh My God.

    You have totally absolutely no clue whatsoever. What the hell does an "M" rating to do with the task and duties of a GM???

    DB

     

    The fact that M rating means Mature clients meaning they are consenting adults. Unless the gm was running around sending perverted pms then whats teh problem.

     

     

    This guy is obviously a douche, he started the conversation, leads it down the path it goes, then posts screensshots about it after he cleans himself up. 

     

    You are supposed to be adults, you dont want to cyber, dont talk dirty, the M rating means people take some fucking responsibility. Tasks, and duties of a gm, give me a break, what about what we hold the players accountable for.

    I dont know why customers think they have free reign to act like dicks,

     

    I think you miss the point being M rated or not, has nothing to do with this, its just unprofessional, the GM is being paid to provide a Professional Service, when you are recruited as a GM the company gives you a massive book that you need to read, and it will tell you how to handle customers. I seriously dunno how to explain you this, I guess i expect people to have a bit of common sense, just try and go to a Store or a Cafe and try and ask the waitress to sit down on your table for a chat.

     

    As for the guy being a douche, maybe you should read the chat between the two people these are the first 2 lines:

    "To []: ..with dual wield barbarians though, I mean TWO?!?! That's a bit difficult for me to handle. I'd rather stick with one big sword.

    [|GM|]: You like it rough I take it :)"

     

    To my eyes the GM was the one starting the "weird" conversation, sure the first line from the player could have been misinterpreted but had the GM been a professional he would have disregarded such thoughts and ended the petition not start an in-game love affair.

     

    If you also analyze the second part of the start of the conversation:

     

    "To []: Of Course, I'm a ***ing rock sniffer.

    To []: With daggers.

    To []: And I'm specced for second wind =) I can go all night.

    [|GM|]: lol wow, I don't think I would ever be the same :)

    [|GM|]: um WOw this is turning me on lol."

    Again what the player said is open to interpretation, and shows again how unprofessional the GM was by continueing the conversation with "wow this is turning me on".

    image

  • DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco GalwayPosts: 1,757Member
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

    Originally posted by LostMK


    The game is rated M. They have given themselves the freedom to do this. If they have done anything right it was to not care about releasing an M rated title. WoWchildren can STFU and GTFO. =D



     

    Oh My God.

    You have totally absolutely no clue whatsoever. What the hell does an "M" rating to do with the task and duties of a GM???

    DB

     

    The fact that M rating means Mature clients meaning they are consenting adults. Unless the gm was running around sending perverted pms then whats teh problem.

     

     

    This guy is obviously a douche, he started the conversation, leads it down the path it goes, then posts screensshots about it after he cleans himself up. 

     

    You are supposed to be adults, you dont want to cyber, dont talk dirty, the M rating means people take some fucking responsibility. Tasks, and duties of a gm, give me a break, what about what we hold the players accountable for.

    I dont know why customers think they have free reign to act like dicks,



     

    You didn't get the point either. 2 main flaws in your argument.

    1. A game's rating means that it has certain kind of content: "M" rated games/movies are supposed to have mature content.  How in hell would it determine its playerbase? You gotta be joking :))  How on earth would a developer publisher have ANY control over its audience??? They have control over other things, like...

    2. Their employees. Now, again, content rating has absolutely ZERO to do with the professionalism of their employees. A GM is a GM in Hello Kitty online, in WOW and in AOC. Everywhere. They CAN NEVER go into "play" with any of their customer. They can NOT flirt with their customers. Cannot swear to their customers, be arrogent or condescending to them - in short, they have to be PROFESSIONALS, and it does not matter if that customer is a mature, normal adult, an 8 year old kid or a flaming psychopat. They always MUST behave professionally. It is part of their job.

    Hope you got the point finally. Stop mixing totally independent issues pls.

    (Edit: Rav3n2, again we're on the same platform :))

    DB

    Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

This discussion has been closed.