Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Even the biggest fanboi can't stand it any longer.

"Think maybe you can turn it around??

Really some of the fixes and patches make no sense at all.

Many of the things you promised have been removed or are promised to come later or have been changed.

Need to start releasing some of that promised stuff and gain peoples trust again.

I am telling you I have seen this before and its going that way.

I love the game, but you guys seem to be going out to left field lately.

What are we at about now?? 60% less population?"

-  Protus-AoC

I must say that I thought I would have different feelings about this.  I am actually a bit sad.  Any of you who have played the game and read the message boards have probably seen Protus on the boards sharing his thoughts daily why it is one of the greatest games.   One of, if not THE biggest fanboi is changing his tone. 

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

When i see AmazingAvery saying the same thing then i will believe finially Funcom may get the message and if there smart pull the game till it is finished and re-release it but i doubt that they will. Not when there still working on the X-box and new mmo Seceret World and talking to a Russian game company on releaseing a russian version of AOC. I think they may be in deep du du  and know it.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

I wouldn't call him the biggest personally. I don't remember seeing him much until recently (around release time). There are some other names ive seen around since mid 2007 and earlier that are probably far more deserving of the title.

Still funny though. I think a lot of them have given up by now, they just quietly faded into obscurity rather than posted about it. There used to be dozens of names I recognized and now only 1 or 2.

Every time I see one defend the game in the state its in I can't help but think of the quote from the old classic 'Animal House' movie:

"Thank you sir may I have another!"

Its reassuring to see one turn though. Gives me back a little faith in humanity when they do.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• cptnj4cptnj4 Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Grunties

I wouldn't call him the biggest personally. I don't remember seeing him much until recently (around release time). There are some other names ive seen around since mid 2007 and earlier that are probably far more deserving of the title.
    Still funny though. I think a lot of them have given up by now, they just quietly faded into obscurity rather than posted about it. There used to be dozens of names I recognized and now only 1 or 2.
    Every time I see one defend the game in the state its in I can't help but think of the quote from the old classic 'Animal House' movie:
    "Thank you sir may I have another!"
    Its reassuring to see one turn though. Gives me back a little faith in humanity when they do.

Besides this gent I only remember maybe 2 or 3 others with the frequency of posting and I've seen Protus on since the beginning.  I do remember a guild that used to recruit on these forums though and seem to remember a ton of them being huge supporters.  I'm curious what happened there...

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Poster named SalvoSalvoSalvo is worse fanboy, he more of a jerk to. Protus at least isn't completely blind, he will call out FC when they really screw up.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

One thing you guys have to realize about Protus is that he's not really a fanboi. He's actually disgruntled because of the shape the game was released in. However, he doesn't blame the developers, rather he blames the fanbois for 'forcing' Funcom to release the game in that state.

• Time-BanditTime-Bandit Member Posts: 14

Protus is actually a really good guy.  He never slammed anyone (that I remember) and was nice to talk to.  He designed a survey which actually went against the fanboi sentiment and showed people's concerns.  Sure, he supported the game as a work in progress in the beginning. (like myself)

But seeing what they produced and what they have done to try and rectify it, unless you are blind, you have to see that this product is sub-par.

Couple that with the viral publicity and word of mouth about all of the issues...

Yeah this game had it's shot at market penetration and lost it.  As said above, it's a sub-par product released by a sub-par managed company.  Makes me sad...

CrazyRay

• UnionUnion Member CommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by heartless

One thing you guys have to realize about Protus is that he's not really a fanboi. He's actually disgruntled because of the shape the game was released in. However, he doesn't blame the developers, rather he blames the fanbois for 'forcing' Funcom to release the game in that state.

He certainly seems to be blaming the developers in his most recent posts.

• cptnj4cptnj4 Member Posts: 168

There's a lot of blame to throw around.  I don't think the fanbois account for any of it.  They had nothing to do with the decision to release the game in it's state at release. 

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Union

He certainly seems to be blaming the developers in his most recent posts.

That's because he finally realized that the developers are complete morons and can't program the VCR to show the correct time.

Good for him, he finally understood what the rest of us were talking about.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Nah, Protus is still down with AoC and a supporter, he's just finally injecting some realism into his posts. He really isn't bad, more of an avid supporter than a fanboy.