Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

evade and invunerability nerfs today and rhino and mammoth nerfs as well

MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

Well Today funcom did alot of nerfs to the game.

1 being that now you can only use mammoths and rhinos in seige areas and the 2nd being the nerfs on evades and invunerabilitys

Funcom is starting to look like the new SOE.

Comments

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

and are you still playing it . if people stop playing this game funcom might  pull there heads out the  sand . take a look around   see what going on

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

Well you came and you gave without taking

but I sent you away, oh Mandy

well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking

And I need you today, oh Mandy

yeah the AoC forums are xploding over the changes. It seems like funcom are just willy nilly

making changes. it almost seems like they are going out of their way to piss people off.. I feel sorry for those CM guys. I truly wonder if the different funcom departments know ehat the others are doing. :( I bought the CE, I,played y first month, I canceled and it doesn look like there will be a reason for me to return any time soon.

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by skullquaker

and are you still playing it . if people stop playing this game funcom might  pull there heads out the  sand . take a look around   see what going on

Did I say I was or was not playing it? no I didn't

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

I can't believe they changed the rhinos and mammoths to only be usable at level 80 in a siege area. Seriously, wtf is Funcom smoking?  I would like to buy a pound of that good stuff.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Mandy

Originally posted by skullquaker

Did I say I was or was not playing it? no I didn't

i was only asking  keep  your shirt on

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

This patch will not be a fail until we hear from AmazingAvery defending it. Until then i will reframe form my opion.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • kazsonkazson Member Posts: 224

not true about the rhino's and mammoths...you cant use them in main towns and resource areas...not a big deal...nobody wants 20 mammoths at the trade post..

and as far as the gems i could care less..ALL gems were scaled..so who is nerfed? everyone is on equal ground...big whoop

not a funcom defender but i hate when people cry NERF ! skills and items need to be tweaked through out the entire game life...u get nerfed one patch..later on you get buffed...who cares

• cptnj4cptnj4 Member Posts: 168

I bought these as mounts and everywhere on the pre-order information it says mounts and usable at level 40.

This to me would be the final insult to all players and especially people who pre-ordered.

I can't even begin to list the ways I feel insulted as a gamer by the consistent lies and complete disregard for their customer base as a whole. 

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by kazson

not true about the rhino's and mammoths...you cant use them in main towns and resource areas...not a big deal...nobody wants 20 mammoths at the trade post..
    and as far as the gems i could care less..ALL gems were scaled..so who is nerfed? everyone is on equal ground...big whoop
    not a funcom defender but i hate when people cry NERF ! skills and items need to be tweaked through out the entire game life...u get nerfed one patch..later on you get buffed...who cares

I'd be interested to hear of one buff since release that compares to the myriad of nerfs. I mean one big buff to anything that compares.

<Cue Amazing Avery>

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

This is priceless... FC is nerfing the Pre-Order mounts?  Dissing the guys who had the faith to order the game before it was released?

What exactly was wrong with Pre-Order mounts?  I didn't notice any with my Ranger's Rhino before I quit this fiasco.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by templarga

1 being that now you can only use mammoths and rhinos in seige areas and the 2nd being the nerfs on evades and invunerabilitys

Well if this is true (and I am assuming it is - not doubting you OP but sometimes info here is hard to believe), then you can officially count me out. I will be done with Funcom and Age of Conan for good.

I bought these as mounts and everywhere on the pre-order information it says mounts and usable at level 40.

This to me would be the final insult to all players and especially people who pre-ordered.

Well go to the AOc forums and log into the Game and you will see the info is in fact right on.. Don't take my word for it. Go see for your self!

Edit... It was todays patch that nerfed them and alot of other things on july 31st of 08

It was very insaulting for me and many others who preorderd no doubt. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I'm a pre-order player and that is the final nail in the coffin for me, those idiots can go fuck themselves, I'm cancelling my account today.

Oh and Avery what do you make of all this!? you going to come riding in and defend this pathetic piece of shit company again and again and again...? Please I would be interested if it is humanly possible to put a positive spin on this slap in the face.

O_o o_O

• LondonMagusLondonMagus Member Posts: 700

I can't understand what the point was of nerfing mammoths either, no-one was seriously using them as mounts in City areas anyway, but if you are going to do something like that then you should at least tell people rather than turn it into another diplomatic disaster by doing it on the quiet.

I think I used mine once when I got to level 40, then when I finished laughing I decided that to save it for Birthdays & Xmas. Maybe it is useful in sieges, but outside those it's just a novelty item so why nerf it?

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

• octaocta Member UncommonPosts: 245

This was the last straw for me.  What's worse is the community manager posts that it's working as intended to be used only in sieges then about a half hour later says it's only the cities. 

Their developers don't know how to communicate things to their users and that more than anything is AOC's greatest failing.

You would think a developer with prior experience in an MMO that lasted for 7 years would know better than to jerk around its userbase.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Well I guess now that the pre-order money is all collected up, guess they feel there is no point on giving those ppl what they paid for.  One of the cool features n reasons why I pre-ordered this game...as I am sure with many others. Kinda sad that they took away something that their loyal fans bought up on.

I was thinking of giving this game a whirl again, but looks like it will hardly be worth the time to update...let alone the $15.

• ZeGerman1942ZeGerman1942 Member Posts: 199

I can not find any old advertisement anymore, but the Mammoth and Rhino never were meant to be regular mounts. The Pre-order mounts were only ever supposed to be used in the resource and building playfields and in the siege areas.

I clearly remember the advertisements stating that the pre-order mounts would be siege mounts.

Due to a bug at launch of the game the mounts were available in all areas where regular mounts could be used. This was a BUG, so today's patch will not be a nerf, but rather a bug fix.

Of course people have gotten used to the mounts now and it's a bit of a kick in the balls, but if you go back to the original advertisement, i am sure you'll see that it never was intended to be anything but a sieging mount.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by ZeGerman1942

I can not find any old advertisement anymore, but the Mammoth and Rhino never were meant to be regular mounts. The Pre-order mounts were only ever supposed to be used in the resource and building playfields and in the siege areas.

I clearly remember the advertisements stating that the pre-order mounts would be siege mounts.

Due to a bug at launch of the game the mounts were available in all areas where regular mounts could be used. This was a BUG, so today's patch will not be a nerf, but rather a bug fix.

Of course people have gotten used to the mounts now and it's a bit of a kick in the balls, but if you go back to the original advertisement, i am sure you'll see that it never was intended to be anything but a sieging mount.

Well i dont recall that actually, I do recall them saying there would be a variety of mounts some of them USABLE AS SIEGE WEAPONS, but they were all announced as regular mounts not as exclusive siege weapons.

• glommaglomma Member Posts: 209

O rats, and i didnt even get to try my Mammoth, cos im only lvl 38, one of the reasons for me to keep playing this buggy game was the chance to ride my mighty mammoth, well well, another lost paying player for Funcom i guess :(

back to WOW the, atleast untill WAR gets out..

According to the new MMORPG Game Correspondent every thing is hunky dorie with the Game, therefore i can not see why there is any reason to post all this negativity. Im sure you hater's are just jelious of this outstanding product.

MAGA
  • DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

According to the new MMORPG Game Correspondent every thing is hunky dorie with the Game, therefore i can not see why there is any reason to post all this negativity. Im sure you hater's are just jelious of this outstanding product.

Protus... is that you??

Ah, no, he's turned to the dark side already. It must be Avery then :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

No its not Avery, have not seen him in several days. Though the Correspondent sounds like him so one wonders.

MAGA
  • ZeGerman1942ZeGerman1942 Member Posts: 199

as i said, i can't actually find an add anymore, but i am pretty sure that they were advertised as siege only mounts ;)

either way - it's a bit sad to change it now after the game has been live for 2 months, but that is MMOs for you.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

If the require you to be lvl 80 and in the seige zones to ride the mounts, perhaps this is how Funcom thinks it is providing end-game content.   Yes, everyone will want to ride their mount in the seige zone, so that should get folks there and start seiging!!!!

Laugh.  I am so glad I cancelled this POS game.