Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New AoC Correspondent

DominisiDominisi Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 95

I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I am Dominisi, one of the new game correspondents for Age of Conan.  I'm not sure if I'll be the only one, but hey, might as well put in a post, let you all know who I am, and where I stand with the game.

I'm a PvP player, hardcore, through and through. I got enough of that PvE BS when i was playing WoW, and I've been a PvP player for serveral years now.

Am I happy with AoC? Marginally.

Am I excited with the potential it holds? Very.

So my job here won't be to bash FunCom on the apparent failures (releasing the game 6 months early) but to give you all information on upcomming changes to the game, and Funcom's new content etc. that is suppost to be comming down the line here soon.

Hope to provide some good articles for you all soon.

Comments

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Welcome to the Hyborian Monkey Cage o' Madness, as I like to call the AoC forums.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Congrats.

• rowlowrowlow Member UncommonPosts: 9

good luck, you'll need it.

• treefittytreefitty Member Posts: 260

Spell checker is your friend.

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

poor guy is in for a beating

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Ya one job i wouldn t want or even admit to.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

welcome

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Welcome, remember to put on your flame suit.... j/k

RIP Orc Choppa

• silkwormsilkworm Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Dominisi

My turd has lots of potential cause it can be used as fertilizer, fuel, cement, artistic material etc. In the end of the day it's still a turd.

Long story short... How can you see potential unless the very core of this "game" is changed so deeply that the outcome is another game is beyong my understanding.

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Pleased to meet you and look forward to reading your posts/threads. Will make a change to hear from somone new to these forums...at the moment it's growing very old and tired as there is no one left here with enough experience to put anything interesting forward anymore.

Have you any info about upcoiming changes/additions you could tease us with to start?

• DominisiDominisi Age of Conan CorrespondentMember Posts: 95
    Originally posted by silkworm

My turd has lots of potential cause it can be used as fertilizer, fuel, cement, artistic material etc. In the end of the day it's still a turd.

Long story short... How can you see potential unless the very core of this "game" is changed so deeply that the outcome is another game is beyong my understanding.

With the enhancements that should be comming down the line it should be a vast improvement over what we currently have.

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

You wont find any ammount of enhancments or extra content that will make any difference to people that dont actually like the game....maybe implement a race track and pimped up cars...or maybe hedgehogs that run like the wind. But if the game stays AoC then those people still wont like the game :)

But hopefully the players that do play the game will have a lot to look forword to.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by silkworm

With the enhancements that should be comming down the line it should be a vast improvement over what we currently have.

Should be coming and should be a vast improvement says it all about FC.

• ZeGerman1942ZeGerman1942 Member Posts: 199

I am Dominisi, one of the new game correspondents for Age of Conan.  I'm not sure if I'll be the only one, but hey, might as well put in a post, let you all know who I am, and where I stand with the game.
    I'm a PvP player, hardcore, through and through. I got enough of that PvE BS when i was playing WoW, and I've been a PvP player for serveral years now.
    So my job here won't be to bash FunCom on the apparent failures (releasing the game 6 months early) but to give you all information on upcomming changes to the game, and Funcom's new content etc. that is suppost to be comming down the line here soon.

Welcome.

Quick question:

Who made you correspondant - Funcom or MMORPG.com?

How exactly did you become a correspondant and what are your qualifications?

Originally posted by ZeGerman1942

Welcome.

Quick question:

Who made you correspondant - Funcom or MMORPG.com?

How exactly did you become a correspondant and what are your qualifications?

Points to banner at top of page.

That is what i thought, but that only answers half of my question.

What qualifications do you have as a games correspondant and in particular for AoC.

I am not trying to dismiss you, but i would like to know the background someone has when they are in a more "official" role on a forum i visit.

Well, I guess to list some of my qualifications:

I'm a software engineering major with an emphasis in game programming.

I've played atleast a dozen different MMOs

Beta tested several dozen.

I have written communications skills.

I'm an avid gamer, and I guess nobody else wants the job.

I've had experience in the customer service department for several MMOs

And to top it all off...

I'm an intelligence analysis for the USMC.

So, to recap.

I have experence in the game industry with an analytical background.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Man, I don't envy you covering AoC.  You have titanium cajones.

Good luck man.

Right - thanks for taking the time to explain this. Good luck with your role on here, you definitely have a tough crowd.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

I mean no disrespect, but forgive me if I don't hold my breath.  Funcom is full of promises that always seem to come up empty.   I put up with it for about 2 months before I threw in the towel. 

(btw, it's "coming" and "analyst" - just for reference)

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Ok if your a spokes person for Funcom please explaine what is going to happen when they start merging servers to the PVP Battlekeeps different guilds have. Another question is what happened to the twice aweek updates oh thats right, changed to once aweek, oh thats right was changed to once every two weeks, oh thats right delayed till the 30th now, oh thats right gonna test everything then let you know. Why should anyone believe anything you or anyone from Funcom says.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Ok if your a spokes person for Funcom please explaine what is going to happen when they start merging servers to the PVP Battlekeeps different guilds have. Another question is what happened to the twice aweek updates oh thats right, changed to once aweek, oh thats right was changed to once every two weeks, oh thats right delayed till the 30th now, oh thats right gonna test everything then let you know. Why should anyone believe anything you or anyone from Funcom says.

He is not working for Funcom. He is a volunteer for MMORPG that helps channeling information for AoC.

First off, I'm not an employee for Funcom. I don't know anything in the nitty-gritty of exactly why, but if you take the time to read Funcom's reasons for these changes, you can probably figure out the answer for yourself. But since it is my job here to correspond: Funcom made the change from twice weekly to once a week because they wanted to produce larger patches that fixed more issues once a week, instead of two smaller patches. Also, with the issue of things constantly getting pushed back, the only simple explanation I can give you is: Programming isn't easy - shit happens. You can't force your employees to stay 24/7 working on patches in order to appease your customers, it just doesn't happen. Also, they figure that it would be better to run the new patches through a week more QA, then to push them out buggier than what they were intended to fix.

And - I wasn't aware that when making forum posts I had to make sure that everything I wrote was spelled and grammatically correct. I will start doing this if everybody is going to take the fact that I'm a human gamer, just like the rest of you, and throw that out the window and categorize me with a mindless robot that is doing Funcom's news reporting.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

First off, I'm not an employee for Funcom. I don't know anything in the nitty-gritty of exactly why, but if you take the time to read Funcom's reasons for these changes, you can probably figure out the answer for yourself. But since it is my job here to correspond: Funcom made the change from twice weekly to once a week because they wanted to produce larger patches that fixed more issues once a week, instead of two smaller patches. Also, with the issue of things constantly getting pushed back, the only simple explanation I can give you is: Programming isn't easy - shit happens. You can't force your employees to stay 24/7 working on patches in order to appease your customers, it just doesn't happen. Also, they figure that it would be better to run the new patches through a week more QA, then to push them out buggier than what they were intended to fix.

And - I wasn't aware that when making forum posts I had to make sure that everything I wrote was spelled and grammatically correct. I will start doing this if everybody is going to take the fact that I'm a human gamer, just like the rest of you, and throw that out the window and categorize me with a mindless robot that is doing Funcom's news reporting.

I have no problem with spelling and grammar, though as an official person on these forums you should really make an effort i suppose.

However the thing that does concern me is that you seem to be drawing a lot of conclusions and guesses.

I.e. your explanation of why patches where changed from 2 weeks to 1 week. Is that a guess or is that the official stance of Funcom communicated to you or the players?

I guess what i am wondering is: is the information you will be giving us your interpretation of official Funcom posts (which we can find on the official forums anyway) or will you be posting information that is given to you, or MMORPG.com, directly, that might not be stated publicly anywhere else?