Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game up and running?

redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Hi just wondering if this game is still in progress or up and running already with pepole playing?

Comments

• Hamilton-NEOHamilton-NEO Member Posts: 75

Force of Arms is still in the development cycle a this time.  Though would like to say when it would be ready for testing.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

thanks for the reply, please keep us infromed of your progress as yours seems tobe the only true mech game around, that has some really cool looking mechs as well, looking forward to it's release.

• Animeman006Animeman006 Member Posts: 3

not really have u played age of armor? u should its pretty good though this looks to be better

True,Force of arms is not the only mech game around, Age of armour, RF-Online and Xsteel as well, but force of arms so far as I can tell, is the only one that looks like it's close to battletech aka mech warrior style game, the others are all a bit to Manga style and yes I know that Batteltech was pretty much based on Robotech the  TV show / movie. for me Force of arms looks like the mech game to wait for, I also play RF-Online, ( which is a lot of fun, but it plays very different from piloting a two story 70 ton mech) i will go have a look again at Age of armor, thanks for your comments.

I consider those titles to be, simplistic in nature; whereas Force of Arms will be on the complex side of things.  My personal favorites is the Macross and Fang of the Sun series.  I know, I'm old school.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• Ammoth01Ammoth01 Member Posts: 23

I agree that this looks like a good game and i have played one of the other games you mentioned(though  i cant remember wich) But i cant get over the fact that i like Gundam style mech fighting. It constantly nags at me that i want to have people jump int a big robot and stab and shoot the crap out of each other, but with good, realistic graphics. Not cheesy anime-style ones.

EXteel is the game for you!

Hi, just went and had a look at your new website front page, very impressive, any chance of some new screen shots of the game at play and how it looks now compared to the first series of screen shots?

also a release date maybe,( fingers crossed)

Thanks!

As for new screenshots, going to hold off until we get the shaders worked out. 

I wished that I could give a release date of a live launch or Beta, but indications are aligning up that we should have something ready to be tested openly in three months.  Not a Beta test, just a take a look, fight and what do you think, kind of thing.

Sign off,
    Hamilton

• IronHeadIronHead Member Posts: 25

but too bad eXteel isn't in a persistant world. and what's the point in having a mech game if you can't come out of it and there's nothing smaller than you? you'd might as well just be a steriotypical space marine with alot of armor

Originally posted by IronHead

but too bad eXteel isn't in a persistant world. and what's the point in having a mech game if you can't come out of it and there's nothing smaller than you? you'd might as well just be a steriotypical space marine with alot of armor

Well the only other alternatives are RF online, age of armour and MechQuest, it would be nice if Exteel let you hop out of your mech and walk a round in a 3d lobby of some sort or even a persistent world, but I'm hoping that Force of arms will cover the lot and make our mech dreams come true.

• IronHeadIronHead Member Posts: 25

except that none of those are FPS or even 3PS

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by redcap036

True,Force of arms is not the only mech game around, Age of armour, RF-Online and Xsteel as well, but force of arms so far as I can tell, is the only one that looks like it's close to battletech aka mech warrior style game, the others are all a bit to Manga style and yes I know that Batteltech was pretty much based on Robotech the  TV show / movie. for me Force of arms looks like the mech game to wait for, I also play RF-Online, ( which is a lot of fun, but it plays very different from piloting a two story 70 ton mech) i will go have a look again at Age of armor, thanks for your comments.

Battletech came out a year before Robotech. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Now if you are referring to Macross it came out 2 years before mechwarrior.

Regardless both franchises were created independently without one influencing the other.

Macross/Robotech is an anime stylized universe while Battletech is very technical. one was developed as a tv series. the other was developed as a hex based wargame.

While over the years both franchises stole artwork from each other, that is where the similarities end.

Originally posted by grndzro

Regardless both franchises were created independently without one influencing the other.

Macross/Robotech is an anime stylized universe while Battletech is very technical. one was developed as a tv series. the other was developed as a hex based wargame.

While over the years both franchises stole artwork from each other, that is where the similarities end.

Battletech came out a year before Robotech. Sorry to burst your bubble. -Takes a bigger prick than that to burst my bubble.

Now if you are referring to Macross it came out 2 years before MechWarrior. -now is that the RPG handbook called MechWarrior which came out after the Battletech table top rules came out,( the one with the cardboard cut out mech's and a green covered book with the pages in black and white, released late 70's early 80's) which was released after. the robotech tv series which was in production for around 5-6 yrs, before it was released,( as it was all done by hand not cgi)

-Which one of these answers would you like to stick with?

Macross/Robotech is an anime stylized universe while Battletech is very technical. one was developed as a tv series. the other was developed as a hex based war-game. -good job, we wouldn't want to get confused on this issue.

Here try these links;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech - read the bit under Original game

Hope I didn't burst any of your bubble's.

Battletech came out a year before Robotech. Sorry to burst your bubble. -Takes a bigger prick than that to burst my bubble.

I really didn't mean to offend you, I typed it in a joking way.

Now if you are referring to Macross it came out 2 years before MechWarrior. -now is that the RPG handbook called MechWarrior which came out after the Battletech table top rules came out,( the one with the cardboard cut out mech's and a green covered book with the pages in black and white, released late 70's early 80's) which was released after. the robotech tv series which was in production for around 5-6 yrs, before it was released,( as it was all done by hand not cgi)

You didn't contradict me, but the 1st product they put out was a tabletop game. The company that made macross was a different company than Robotech, it was bought out.

-Which one of these answers would you like to stick with?

Yea it's slightly contradictory

Macross/Robotech is an anime stylized universe while Battletech is very technical. one was developed as a tv series. the other was developed as a hex based war-game. -good job, we wouldn't want to get confused on this issue.

This was to point out the 2 genre's are completely different both from a desighn pov and as well as artwork. Very little from either one would work well in the other, as one is an anime and the other is a realism based hex wargame.Comparing the two is rather like comparing allpes to oranges.

Here try these links;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macross

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech - read the bit under Original game

yes I see it says some artwork was copied from macross/robotech.....which I already stated.

Hope I didn't burst any of your bubble's.

I have no bubbles to burst....sorry.

I see where my original comments from might have confused you, since I tended to lump Macross(1983) in with robotech: the macross saga(1985) in together and called them both just Robotech and then said that Battletech was born of Robotech.
    ok,
    1983- The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
    1984- Battletech game by FASA
    1985- Robotech: The Macross saga
    1985- MechWarrior rpg by FASA
    1989- Mechwarrior (video game)
    . and so on...

So really what your saying is that battletech didn't come from robotech it came from Macross and since we both already agree that Macross and robotech are both anime, while battletech had a more western style,( and No I don't mean the American wild west) background and two separate storylines, they did indeed "share" the same art work when it came to mech design, until FASA was told leave'em out or get sued.
    So this has what to do with my comments and conversation from my post five months ago which was a reply to the person who had already answered my question in the first place.
    So sir, if I was to give you some advice about how to join in on a conversation, I would suggest;
    1) Join in when the conversation is actually going on,( check the date of the post )
    2) Stay on topic,(( check the thread title) and yes in this case the thread was open, since the original reason for the thread was already answered.)
    3) Don't quibble about mute points that were made five months ago and don't really relate to the comments made in the conversation at that time,( particularly if you prefer more nicer replies to your posts)

Sorry about nitpicking.

I'm horrible about looking at post dates, I usually just read threads based on activity.

Sorry about the tone of my posts, I'm a pretty big Robotech & Mechwarrior fan so sometimes I forget my manners.

No problem, so what games do you play at the moment, were all still waiting for Force of Arms, but if you like mech games you should have a look at Exteel, might not be Mechwarrior or robotech, but it's still an excellent mech game.

I curently play, LOTRO, DDO, Hellgate: london,(while it still up and running), Exteel, SotnW, Florensia are the only ones installed at the moment, I do have access to any game I want,( just need time to download and update )

Any person who can admit there mistake is worth knowing in my books.

regards, redcap036

Hm...Excellent mech game, I'll have to try it out,.

I played and discarded LOTRO,DDO, & HGL already.

I'm currently between games ATM, I'm waiting for JGE, PW, & Atlantica online to start up again.

YAY  I got another star!

I also got Tabula Rasa yesterday, went to check out the price and bought it by mistake,( don't ask) that's ok I enjoyed the beta and it's running much better than before.
    Do you mean PW -Asian or the new PW -int, I've played the Asian version, loved playing an winged elf, I hope the international version will not be so dry as the Asian version, unfortunately I can't remember what my password is so I can't get back in. :(
    As a player I could be described as a game jumper, I prefer Slider,( like the TV show) I collect a lot of games and just keep sliding back and forth as I get bored with one I'll go back to one of the other games in my stable, I use to do the same with table top games, AD&D, Traveller, GURPS, Champions, Battletech & MechWarrior, Cyberpunk 2020ad,(helps if you owned your own game shop, I did back then) I also do artwork & design and write table top rules for wargames and rpg's, but mainly now I just write short story backgrounds for games and dev's( table top)
    I'm looking forward to trying AoC,( when it hits the bargain bin and I get a spare 20gb of hard drive space) also looking forwards to Stargate, Champions, The Chronicles of Spellborn, there's a few more but there mile off yet.

I also got Tabula Rasa yesterday, went to check out the price and bought it by mistake,( don't ask) that's ok I enjoyed the beta and it's running much better than before.
    I didn't like the auto aim,

I like to have control over what I shoot

Do you mean PW -Asian or the new PW -int, I've played the Asian version, loved playing an winged elf, I hope the international version will not be so dry as the Asian version, unfortunately I can't remember what my password is so I can't get back in. :(
    The Perfect World English build
    As a player I could be described as a game jumper, I prefer Slider,( like the TV show) I collect a lot of games and just keep sliding back and forth as I get bored with one I'll go back to one of the other games in my stable, I use to do the same with table top games, AD&D, Traveller, GURPS, Champions, Battletech & MechWarrior, Cyberpunk 2020ad,(helps if you owned your own game shop, I did back then) I also do artwork & design and write table top rules for wargames and rpg's, but mainly now I just write short story backgrounds for games and dev's( table top)
    Lol I'v played all thoes, including Warhammer FRP, Champions, Heroes Unlimited, White Wolf (All varieties including LA), Palladium, Robotech, Rifts, Shadowrun, Star Wars(D20), and lastly Rolemaster.
    I'm looking forward to trying AoC,( when it hits the bargain bin and I get a spare 20gb of hard drive space) also looking forwards to Stargate, Champions, The Chronicles of Spellborn, there's a few more but there mile off yet.
    i have AoC and I will never be playing it again, the game is simply too boring. The Devs have killed the game.

My next MMo to try out is gonna be Mabinogi, I hope it is fun.

I didn't like that Mech game, I went through all the training missions too.

I like to have control over what I shoot

Lol I'v played all thoes, including Warhammer FRP, Champions, Heroes Unlimited, White Wolf (All varieties including LA), Palladium, Robotech, Rifts, Shadowrun, Star Wars(D20), and lastly Rolemaster.
    i have AoC and I will never be playing it again, the game is simply too boring. The Devs have killed the game.

you do know you can turn off the auto aim?

I like to have control over what I shoot.

I hear'ya and agree.

yep, I use to sell all of them and a few more, from Gamesworkshop my favorite was Warhammer 40k & spacehulk,( great game, i even have it on my mobile phone) big fan myself, really luv painting and building the minitures,( i use to be into modelling in a big way, but don't have the movement nor the dexterity in my hands and fingers anymore)

I'm already signed up for beta.

Tried it, couldn't get it to run, at the time I got the latest client and did all the updates, just couldn't get it to run, hope you have better luck, for mr I'm at the momment in to monsterplay in LOTRO, really luv playing a Warg, gott'a get thous Freeps!

Which one, Exteel, FoA...?

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309

Which one, Exteel, FoA

It wasn't FOA, i since I haven't put any of that content into the game world yet for you all to try out. Might have been Exteel though.