Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: RvR Screenshots

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The folks from Mythic Entertainment have provided us with these three new screenshots featuring some RvR action.

Check out all three shots here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• warhammer333warhammer333 Member Posts: 39

man the game looks way better now

• RetradRetrad Member UncommonPosts: 274

Lulz at the flying Squig. God this game is going to be awesome.

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171

/Agree that flying squig Takes the cake!!

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

though i don't consider WAR a game for me (crafting pve guy) these screen shots certainly look like fun

nice having the close-up shots but if I understand RVR correctly there should be a massive amount of players doing it - not so many in these pictures - maybe if the shots were from a camera pulled back a bit...........

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by solareus

This well probably be game of the Year is released in 2008. Or at least mmorpg of the Year, a lot of great comments about it from e3 and the game is actually getting polished before release.
    I will probably get a copy , just because I support polished games.(won't sub though... hehe)..

Uh...why? What if the game IS good. Why make a broad statement like this when WAR could be the WoW replacement so many people are looking for?

I for one am interested as I enjoyed WoW, but the system got old fast. Maybe with the larger variety of things to do, better graphics, crafting, etc...

This could be one awesome game. But, I prefer to say if I sub WHEN I sub...

• GrimfernGrimfern Member Posts: 30

I really had high hopes for this game, but screens sadly doesn't look good at all. And after hearing that they have cut 4 of 6 major cities, my high hopes has finally crash landed.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Grimfern

I really had high hopes for this game, but screens sadly doesn't look good at all. And after hearing that they have cut 4 of 6 major cities, my high hopes has finally crash landed.

I feel sad sometimes for MMO companies who have to deal with people judging a game before they've even played it and long before even a release date has been announced.

I for one like the flying squig and will wait until seeing the game to judge it.

• GrimfernGrimfern Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by streea

I feel sad sometimes for MMO companies who have to deal with people judging a game before they've even played it and long before even a release date has been announced.

I for one like the flying squig and will wait until seeing the game to judge it.

You've already judged it, at least to the same degree as me. Only difference being you seem to liked what you seen so far enough to try the game, while I've seen enough to not want to even try the game any more.

That is subject for change of course, as every other game on the horizon - when new information is added I have to reevaluate my opinion for said game.

EDIT:   Btw, the reason they do release information and media about their games is so the potential players can judge the game. So you don't have to feel sorry for them you see. If they put out stuff I like I will try the game and if I hate it, then I won't. Simple as that.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

To me the problem is the game doesn't even look like Warhammer, wheres the gore and the darkness of the Warhammer franchise? It just looks more like WOW with the cartoony cute graphics.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• Chudster91Chudster91 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by JustBe

To me the problem is the game doesn't even look like Warhammer, wheres the gore and the darkness of the Warhammer franchise? It just looks more like WOW with the cartoony cute graphics.

I think there are going to be areas with darker settings and areas with lighter settings, a game that's completly  dark and gloomy would probably get depressing. I am sure there will be plenty of menacing looking areas.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

I can tell you that alot of the game is dark, gloomy and death filled. But you will have to wait and see.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Woot?

I like bright and hysterical! WAR should look like a parody of the fantasy genre which is frankly already too infested with all  that pompous preachy stuff. I've always seen Warhammer IP as a cross between Ringworld and Monty Python and the Holy Grail - black humor, lotsa blood and gore but in a FUN way that hides the blood-chilling truth beneath. This isn't some creepy emo goth doom and gloom. This is Warhammer! Galgenhumor* at its best! WAAAGH!

*(humor under the gallows - we're all going to die horribly anyway, so let's have some fun while we're here!)

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Its sort of like Monty Python, meets the Biblical Apocolypse meets Lord of the Rings. There is a very serious storyline but its delivered in such a way you cant help but laughing. The Dwarves in the Barrels, CLassic! The Goblin who eats squigs, UBER FUNNY! The Orc who thinks hes a human.. LOl morbid. This probably is one of the only games Ive played that makes me want to play in PVP as well. Its just fun!

• budgetnudistbudgetnudist Member Posts: 5

This game keeps getting my hopes up and then turns around and crushes them. The screenshots are looking promising though.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I've had (and have) my hopes on this game for a while. AoC was the 'other' hope and that drastically fell through (for me). WAR will be my last game (with the possible exception of AION if my brother buys it) so I am hoping it will live up to the 'need'.

As a primarily PvE'r I've been up and down about what to expect. I know about the 'jump in and play' public quests and I've tried to keep up with most of the news that comes out.

All I can say is that everything looks 'good' but will reserve judgment until play time arrives.

That said...let's get some Beta Invites going! (Yes I know..not much until pre-order beta most likely but I can hope).

• HaradekHaradek Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by markoraos

Woot?

I like bright and hysterical! WAR should look like a parody of the fantasy genre which is frankly already too infested with all  that pompous preachy stuff. I've always seen Warhammer IP as a cross between Ringworld and Monty Python and the Holy Grail - black humor, lotsa blood and gore but in a FUN way that hides the blood-chilling truth beneath. This isn't some creepy emo goth doom and gloom. This is Warhammer! Galgenhumor* at its best! WAAAGH!

*(humor under the gallows - we're all going to die horribly anyway, so let's have some fun while we're here!)

Thats the reason I have been a Warhammer fan since '83. I had the original Blood bowl game. Theres nothing wrong with a little "tongue in cheek"  A great example of this is the Gotrek and Felix series.

Haradek Shadowstalker
    EQ,EQII,SWG,AO,DAOC,Planetside,COH,WOW

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Techleo

Its sort of like Monty Python, meets the Biblical Apocolypse meets Lord of the Rings. There is a very serious storyline but its delivered in such a way you cant help but laughing. The Dwarves in the Barrels, CLassic! The Goblin who eats squigs, UBER FUNNY! The Orc who thinks hes a human.. LOl morbid. This probably is one of the only games Ive played that makes me want to play in PVP as well. Its just fun!

You rang?

• Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by streea

You've already judged it, at least to the same degree as me. Only difference being you seem to liked what you seen so far enough to try the game, while I've seen enough to not want to even try the game any more.

That is subject for change of course, as every other game on the horizon - when new information is added I have to reevaluate my opinion for said game.

EDIT:   Btw, the reason they do release information and media about their games is so the potential players can judge the game. So you don't have to feel sorry for them you see. If they put out stuff I like I will try the game and if I hate it, then I won't. Simple as that.

I to was disappointed with some of the screens and had given up on the game.

Till I got chosen for the beta, and lets just say my opinion was changed rather quickly. =)

nom nom nom

• Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194

You definitely haven't played the beta yet ;) *hint*

nom nom nom