Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DE Male Sorcerer?

Hello everyone,

I've been reading some of the lore on Warhammer and I read something that mentioned Dark Elf Males are banned from being casters.  Has this changed at all?  Do we know if Dark Elves will be able to play the Sorcerer class or is it restricted to the female only?

Reason I ask is becuase I've seen conflicting stories, Some sites say yes, the Sorcerer will be also played by the Male Dark Elf, and others say no, its restricted because of the lore.

Basing on whether they can or cannot be a Sorcerer.  Thatll alter the class I choose to play then.  I've mainly played good races with good classes and this time I feel like changing it up a bit and going evil.

Im also assuming that the Sorcerer is the equivelent to the Empire's Bright Wizard?

Im stumped on being either a Sorcerer or Shadow Warrior :(.  Gotta make my decision.

Comments

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Mythic mentioned this in one of the podcasts.  Yes you can play a male DE sorcerer.  Mythic went to GW and asked them about it and GW came up with a reason why there were male sorcerers.  The females don't like it but they are there.

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Awesome!,  Thank you for the hasty response.  I appreciate it.

Any info on Shadow Warriors?  Im guessing their ONE of the Ranged dps classes over on the Good side.  Shadow Warriors are one of the few classes I havnt heard much info on.  Seems like their keeping it hush hush and not many ppl are releasing beta footage of them :(.

• SundersGhostSundersGhost Member Posts: 224

Warhammeronline.com is a great source of information.

Originally posted by SundersGhost

Warhammeronline.com is a great source of information.

Yeah, I understand that.  On that site, it mentions Dark Elves being able to be a Sorcerer.  Stupid me, I dont understand why I just don't listen to the source of the company mentioning that they can on their site :)

Ive just seen a lot of other sites saying otherwise but oh well.  Im glad Dark Elves can be Sorcs :)

Now, if I do decide to go Sorcerer, Which specialty to go in.. Single target, DoTs, or AoE's :)

Or, the Shadow Warrior.. Love bows, I do however also love casters so im stumped

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
  • SundersGhostSundersGhost Member Posts: 224

When they lift the NDA, I would be more than happy to answer any questions.  Until then, I do recommend people visiting the official site.  They do give most of the information people ask about.  Including that of male sorcerers, and what classes are gender restricted.  :)

If people (not just you, not meaning this personally) read what info IS available without violating NDA, and come up with  questions that do not have the info available, I am sure there are more than a handful of people who are dying to share info and their love of the game.  Best of luck in your search for information!

• shadowmageshadowmage Member UncommonPosts: 196

I thought the said the the removed the ban on male Sorcererwhile the war is on so he would have the extra fire power and once the war is over they would know who they all were so they could just go around and kill them.

Emissary of Istaria
    imageimage

When you say Firepower.  Are you saying their the equivelent of the Bright Wizard?  Are they supposed to be a big magic dmg dealer of the Destruction side?  From the sounds of their 3 specialties, it sounds like their the counterpart of the Bright wizard.  The spec lines sound similar.

The Bright wizard has the Combustion factor and the Sorcerer has the Dark Magic factor.  Thing is, Isnt the combustion only mean that theyll take self dmg from their spells? That it doesnt increase their firepower?  If I read correctly, the Dark Magic sounds like it grows in power the more they use it which to me sounds very attractive.  Sounding like the more Dark Magic they build, the more dmg they deal.  With self dmg in return.

Anyone know how the Bright Wizards Combustion works vs. the Sorcerers Dark Magic?

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by Mackaveli44

When you say Firepower.  Are you saying their the equivelent of the Bright Wizard?  Are they supposed to be a big magic dmg dealer of the Destruction side?  From the sounds of their 3 specialties, it sounds like their the counterpart of the Bright wizard.  The spec lines sound similar.
    The Bright wizard has the Combustion factor and the Sorcerer has the Dark Magic factor.  Thing is, Isnt the combustion only mean that theyll take self dmg from their spells? That it doesnt increase their firepower?  If I read correctly, the Dark Magic sounds like it grows in power the more they use it which to me sounds very attractive.  Sounding like the more Dark Magic they build, the more dmg they deal.  With self dmg in return.

Anyone know how the Bright Wizards Combustion works vs. the Sorcerers Dark Magic?

no...... what he means is , with the dark elves its a minly female ran race.

In that world Males are baned from magic.

BUT because of the war going on they are allowed while they are fighting for more troops(aka fire power)

I have no idea if thats the lore, its just what he said.

Elves in warhammer world are very female centric (they are the top shits)

Orks are of no gender so they are shrooms

Humans and chaos are more focused towards males

and dwarfs are dwarfs

Originally posted by PureChaos

Originally posted by Mackaveli44

no...... what he means is , with the dark elves its a minly female ran race.

In that world Males are baned from magic.

BUT because of the war going on they are allowed while they are fighting for more troops(aka fire power)

I have no idea if thats the lore, its just what he said.

Elves in warhammer world are very female centric (they are the top shits)

Orks are of no gender so they are shrooms

Humans and chaos are more focused towards males

and dwarfs are dwarfs

Ok, all that I understand

What Im trying to figure out is if the Sorcerer is similar to the Bright Wizard in terms of dmg nukers.  Are the Sorcerers supposed to be the glass cannons of the Destruction side?  The BW is the Empires Glass cannon class.  Reason I ask is because Ive always played the Big nuker class in every MMO Ive played.

EQ- Wizard

EQ2-Wizard

Vanguard-Sorcerer

In other words, Im tryin to find the Glass cannon big time nuker on the Destruction side thats similar to the Bright wizard.  Does the Sorcerer fit that role?  Im just assuming so by the sound of their Specialties as they sound similar to the BW's.  I love Magic using characters and specifically magic users who has big numbers flying all over.  I just like making things go Kaboom :)

• PureChaosPureChaos Member Posts: 839

yes, he is the counter to the bright wizard, where you balance crit chance with dmging yourself ect

The Magus is a defensive caster

and the shaman is a healing/dmg dealer

Alrighty, perfect,

Thank you Chaos for the quick replies :)

Now, to make the decision on whether I want to be an Empire Shadow Warrior or Destruction Sorcerer :).

Love archery and the Shadow warrior sounds interesting, but I also love big bukers :)  Damn this is tough hehe.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

considering that both High and Dark elf males look more fem than human females, it doesnt really matter :P

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • AKBanditoAKBandito Member Posts: 82

it comes down to GW changing DE fluff.

This males are banned is only recent, I have just as many male Sorc minis as I do female.

Males are fine.

Does anyone know how to make a mmoRPG anymore?

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

just for the record, i believe the magus is the counterpart to the engineer, so take a eng, replace guns with magic, and turrets with demons, and you got yourself a class.

It's probably a lot more detailed than that.  i don't know, but yeah sorc/bw are the nukers.