Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame: A guide to your posts for finding a new MMORPG

CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Hey all, As the LFGame forum has the potential to become very active, I thought we could put down a few ideas to help you get the most responses from your post.

Take a look at the recent posts for another that’s very close to what your looking for. A lot of people are looking for new games, many have tastes very similar to yours. If your looking for a new PvP game, check any threads that talk about PvP. If none match or you still are just not finding what you need…. make a new thread.

Don’t use a very generic title. The title of your new thread is the most important aspect of your post to get  people to read it and help you find a new game to try. Don’t use generic "I need a new game" or "Where do I go now" titles. People are likely to just skim right by your post.

Use the Title of your new thread to say exactly what you want. Describe in the title line what it is your looking to find, or list a similar kinds of MMORPGs. Good examples of this would be titles like "Looking for a PvP game with good end game content" or "Any good F2P sci-fi games out there". Also a good title line is "Any games similar to Ryzom out there?"

In the body text of your post, keep it simple and explain what it is your looking for in more detail. Dont just list the games you've played, but state what it was that you liked about the games you did play and what you didnt like about it. A good example would be "I played WoW for 3 years, I liked the PvP battlegrounds but I hated always being roled by premades. Is there any game out there with PvP instances for casuals?"

Use well known abbreviations but try not to over abbreviate. Capitalization and sentence structure is your friend. Common abbreviations often used would include PvP, PvE, F2P, P2P, Beta, etc

Be courteous to the responders. A flame war in your thread  will likely turn the remainder of posts into fanning flames rather than substance recommendations. If someone posts something abusive or off the topic …don’t feed the troll.

Anything I forgot? Let me know what should be added to this LFGame guide.

Torrential
AlBQuirkyUngoodTheocritus

Comments

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

I LOVE YOU.

Seriously, best idea ever. Hopefully this will clean up general a bit. Also a good reference to others looking for a game.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

It really is a good idea for this site.  Well done! 

• belymeriobelymerio Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Czzarre

Hey all, As the LFGame forum has the potential to become very active, I thought we could put down a few ideas to help you get the most responses from your post.
    Take a look at the recent posts for another that’s very close to what your looking for. A lot of people are looking for new games, many have tastes very similar to yours. If your looking for a new PvP game, check any threads that talk about PvP. If none match or you still are just not finding what you need…. make a new thread.

Don’t use a very generic title. The title of your new thread is the most important aspect of your post to get  people to read it and help you find a new game to try. Don’t use generic "I need a new game" or "Where do I go now" titles. People are likely to just skim right by your post.

Use the Title of your new thread to say exactly what you want. Describe in the title line what it is your looking to find, or list a similar kinds of MMORPGs. Good examples of this would be titles like "Looking for a PvP game with good end game content" or "Any good F2P sci-fi games out there". Also a good title line is "Any games similar to Ryzom out there?"

In the body text of your post, keep it simple and explain what it is your looking for in more detail. Dont just list the games you've played, but state what it was that you liked about the games you did play and what you didnt like about it. A good example would be "I played WoW for 3 years, I liked the PvP battlegrounds but I hated always being roled by premades. Is there any game out there with PvP instances for casuals?"

Use well known abbreviations but try not to over abbreviate. Capitalization and sentence structure is your friend. Common abbreviations often used would include PvP, PvE, F2P, P2P, Beta, etc

Be courteous to the responders. A flame war in your thread  will likely turn the remainder of posts into fanning flames rather than substance recommendations. If someone posts something abusive or off the topic …don’t feed the troll.

Anything I forgot? Let me know what should be added to this LFGame guide.

Torrential

Good job,  thank you guy   nice finder

my road is long

• knight0151knight0151 Member Posts: 15

Ahh, thanks for this, bookmarked this.

• ghostofspudsghostofspuds Member Posts: 47

Thanks for this... I am hoping to find some answers here as to what i should play now that i have wised up and given WoW the boot for good.

• paulkaidpaulkaid Member UncommonPosts: 12

Sounds great ! :D

• CryCrystalCryCrystal Member Posts: 39

hi , good day XD i have a question: when going to be available c9 (Continent of the Ninth)  for america?

------

• CindyHanCindyHan Member Posts: 10

good idea about posting ^_^ cool someone is caring for newbies like me. Does anyone hear about C9?

• albgeniusalbgenius Member Posts: 45

I put an article here about my favourite game.The admin warned me because he said this was a kind of advertisment.I replied to him saying that it couldnt be because i couldnt have any interest in it and he removed the warning but didnt return the thread.Maybe he thoughts so because it was my first post here.Should i post it again?

• yuckfoulolyuckfoulol Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Nadril

I LOVE YOU.

whenever somebody goes into detail about the game they want people say it doesn't exist and the closest thing is hello kitty online, way to start crap

• playCHITCHATCITYplayCHITCHATCITY Member Posts: 1
    very helpful indeed
  • ThempestThempest Member Posts: 4
    :3
  • gideonvaldesgideonvaldes Member Posts: 148
    Woah! Thanks for the idea mate! ^_^
  • DjxzxDjxzx Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2020
    DARKFALL RISE OF AGON IS NOW FREE TO PLAY! No subscription needed!

[YOUTUBE]

If you are looking for a clan to get you started you are more than welcome to join HORDE and we will help you out in game.
  • SamuelKerrSamuelKerr Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    Any new suggestions for 2021?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I forgot the LFG forum existed...I used to enjoy going there all the time then it just kinda died.