Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOTLK is going to FAIL.

Comments

• VicksburgVicksburg Member Posts: 181

Of course Wow is the best rated MMORPG ever.

Just look at the reviews and prices this game had.

And the people: whell they vote with their MONEY: owing 60% of all the MMORPG market shows  ----> it is THAT good to PAY for a game.

All top 10 Xfire games played are F R E E. Only Wow is FIRST and you have to pay to play it.

Only on this mmorpg.com site this isn't the case, because here you'll find 95% of the worldwide WOW haters community and this being BACKED UP by the bloggers of mmorpg.com

How many good articles did you find already on WOTLK on this site???

The whole internet is full of the newest WOTLK news, except for MMORPG.COM

A laugh really, because all the posters here are waiting for the next WOW killer for 2 years now and the only thing they can come up with are complete D U D S.

From Vanguard to LOTRO Tabula Rasa to Conan.

The developpers at Blizzard must have a real laugh in viewing these pathetic trials challenging the best MMORP ever made.

... You know I pity those posters here who hate a game because it is THAT good and popular. They waste their times on trying out and playing games that are ....

unpolished, badly animated, bugged, unmotivated, boring to play for the MAJORITY of players.

Just look at the XFire stats HOW much these games are being played: ZERO - NADA - not worth even mentioning for the gaming public.

But Oh Boy a good and polished GIANT  game that put MMORPG finally on the MAP has to burn yeaah .

How pathetic !!!!!

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244

I don't think WoTLK is going to kill WoW but it certainly won't do it any good imo. A few things that haven't been addressed, first making pre-BC WoW viable including the abandoned instances that you can't find groups for any longer. Second small group play is still being ignored, meaning less than five, lets face it there are fewer and fewer people that I want to associate with online or have my kids be subjected to.

Personally I will not go through the laborious process of Raiding to become geared, I just don't spend the huge blocks of time required to do so. Why isn't there an alternative method available for those of us that have at most an hour to game a couple of times a week? I know I'm not the normal gamer it seems, I have a family, a job and a life outside of the game so why isn't there a means for me to work toward gearing up that doesn't invlove banding together with people that I simply don't want to associate with?

I don't want to hear about someones sexual orientation while we're running through Kara, nor do I care about their views on the war in Iraq, why GWB should be arrested, why Obama isn't right for the majority of the American people. My point here is that I don't want to have to associate with these to run an instance that I might get a drop from but I have to keep the chat channels open because you need to work as a team but can't filter out the verbal diarrhea you have no interest in.

I'm not looking forward to the level cap being raised because even though I'm not geared for 70 the additional climb to 80 seems to be more of the same with just a more arduous journey attached to it. Blizzard is slowly killing WoW and I don't think I want to put myself through the agony of waiting for that to happen. I can think of more productive uses for my subscription fees.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Ruthgar

Today people have to level alts from 1, but when people can start a DeathKnight at level 55, you won't see much demand for low level instances or help in group quests. I have 70s on 3 different servers, and I don't think I'd ever level a character from level 1 again. I'd create DKs and level my 70s. I am sure that is what most people will do. 

There's a problem with your logic.  You can only have 1 DK per server.  So while I'm sure that a lot of people will reroll a DK and level him up, I think it's safe to assume people are going to be rerolling other classes than just the DK as well.  Since they all have to start at level 1, your theory doesn't hold a lot of water in my opinion.  If they were to let all classes start at 55, then I think you might have a point.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Shumakiso

Quality over quantity is true for most everything. Fact WoW is not the highest RATED MMO ever...

Depends on the source.  Gamerankings.com has WoW as the highest rated PC MMO ever with an average rating of 91.876%.  Gamerankings doesn't rank the game itself, instead they find as many possible reviews of the game and compile them into a ranking system.  In my opinion it's one of the best sites for determining real game rankings as there's no subjectivity, it's all just a numbers game.  Now granted they get their input from game reviews which are subjective in their own right, but since they take a large number of reviews into consideration (70 in WoW's case), theoretically the law of averages will give you a fairly unbiased ranking system.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

• chrisgilbertchrisgilbert Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Cursedsei

Originally posted by shemer77

Basically achievments on world of warcraft is possibly the greatist thing ever

Actually, with some of the achievements, and based on the perfectionistic tendencies that arise through them, you could actually see a rise in activity with old world content.

Its Blizzards short-term answer to revitalizing old things.

Raiding Oppositions city? Check

Raiding old-old world and old world (old-azeroth and Outlands) content: Check

so yep, it is a great idea (and besides, I want to club baby seals... :D)

/agree

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

WotLK will not fail.

Blizzard could package up 5 million boxes stuffed with steaming cow crap and the people who are hopelessly addicted to this game and will not give ANY other game a second glance...will buy it.  Guaranteed.

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

Originally posted by Pappy13
    Originally posted by Ruthgar Today people have to level alts from 1, but when people can start a DeathKnight at level 55, you won't see much demand for low level instances or help in group quests. I have 70s on 3 different servers, and I don't think I'd ever level a character from level 1 again. I'd create DKs and level my 70s. I am sure that is what most people will do. 

There's a problem with your logic.  You can only have 1 DK per server.  So while I'm sure that a lot of people will reroll a DK and level him up, I think it's safe to assume people are going to be rerolling other classes than just the DK as well.  Since they all have to start at level 1, your theory doesn't hold a lot of water in my opinion.  If they were to let all classes start at 55, then I think you might have a point.

he does have a point though because since the DK is the only hero class, once you unlock that class the DK that you make starts at lvl 55. And because the DK is the only hero class it is given that special privilege.

heres the quote from WoWWiki so everyone please pay close attention (i mean those who don't know this):

"The Death Knight is the first hero class in World of Warcraft. This is a second and separate character from your original character and can be created as soon as one of the existing characters in your account reaches level 55. After making a Death Knight, you will not lose the access to any of your existing characters. The Death Knight will start at level 55 in Acherus: The Ebon Hold over the Eastern Plaguelands, with multiple spells and abilities ready to use (including a level 30 equivalent skeletal Deathcharger mount). Through the Death Knight-specific quests in this necropolis, the character learns to master the power of the Death Knight and learns to use this new power for their will. Quests will take them outside the necropolis and into an area within the Eastern Plaguelands. They will start with various greens and blues for equipment. [4]Blizzard is currently exploring various options as to how the Death Knight will play and the types of abilities at its disposal, and they will continue to reveal information about this new class as they get further along in development.

Accounts will be limited to one Death Knight per realm and can make them on any server, even servers where you have no characters. PvP servers are still limited by faction (i.e. if you have an Alliance character on a PvP server, you cannot make a Horde death knight on that PvP server). "

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Vicksburg

And the people: whell they vote with their MONEY: owing 60% of all the MMORPG market shows  ----> it is THAT good to PAY for a game.
    All top 10 Xfire games played are F R E E. Only Wow is FIRST and you have to pay to play it.
    Only on this mmorpg.com site this isn't the case, because here you'll find 95% of the worldwide WOW haters community and this being BACKED UP by the bloggers of mmorpg.com

A laugh really, because all the posters here are waiting for the next WOW killer for 2 years now and the only thing they can come up with are complete D U D S.
    The developpers at Blizzard must have a real laugh in viewing these pathetic trials challenging the best MMORP ever made.
    ... You know I pity those posters here who hate a game because it is THAT good and popular. They waste their times on trying out and playing games that are ....
    unpolished, badly animated, bugged, unmotivated, boring to play for the MAJORITY of players.
    Just look at the XFire stats HOW much these games are being played: ZERO - NADA - not worth even mentioning for the gaming public.
    But Oh Boy a good and polished GIANT  game that put MMORPG finally on the MAP has to burn yeaah .
    How pathetic !!!!!

yeah it's pathetic to see how naive some people are to believe and trust reviews.All they do is hype a game and get paid for doing so and the lobotomised simply drop the cash.

If they give a monkey a gun and review it  as a sharp shooter people will believe it because the figures say so...So WOTLK will not fail.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061
    Originally posted by Ngeldu5t

Originally posted by Vicksburg

How pathetic !!!!!

yeah it's pathetic to see how naive some people are to believe and trust reviews.All they do is hype a game and get paid for doing so and the lobotomised simply drop the cash.

If they give a monkey a gun and review it  as a sharp shooter people will believe it because the figures say so...So WOTLK will not fail.

Yeah, WoW is only popular due to the reviews and not becauxse it is a good game. You are absolutely right. Wait, no I guess you are the monkey with a gun marketed as a sharpshooter. 

WoW was a success due to marketing and word of mouth, not reviews. And people will not stop playing because it is good game.

• darkraptordarkraptor Member Posts: 178

I think it's tough to say where WOW will go from here. I think they're trying to keep more of their fanbase than acquire new....which kinda makes sense as they are the biggest name out there in mmorpg's right now.

However, I don't think this is going to stem the burnout and things like that...everyone who plays or decides to go back will be like "whee deathknight/new skills/spells for my class" and then burnout will begin faster than the previous expansion.  Also, if the game wasn't hugely popular, it wouldn't even be worth a crap in the first place, which I find rather interesting.

/rant

• MoodahMoodah Member Posts: 181

I agree that in general quantity does not mean quality however somehow it seems that developer companies are unable of producing  quality products (with a few bright exceptions), instead they shell out bug ridden, unfinished piece of crap game frameworks and expect people to pay for it. 10 years ago maybe ... today not really.

Even if WoW is a rather simple game, the company developing it delivers, and that is what all those other bug ridden unfinished products have to compete with, and that is why they all fail.

Yes - it doesnt mean those game die, or that they don't secure a solid playerbase somewhere down the line, but if I was the AOC board, when Gaute starts explaining how 200-300 k is a good number (which it probably is), I would say - yes, but how about those other 400-500k that you lost, and we could be making money off them right now.

So failure is really a matter of perspective - if you sell 50k accounts and then grow to lets say 200-250k, that is a success. If you however sell a milion, and you end up retaining 200k, that is an astronomical failure (even though you are still able to run the business on those numbers).

That is why WTOLK won't fail - it will deliver, the delivered will be rock solid, and people will lose their nerves about how to do things ingame, instead of losing nerves on how to even run the damn thing.

It is simple business - every company that will want to be competitive has to beat WoW NOW  - not 3 or 4 years ago. It is entirely irrelevant which problems it had at launch, because you are not competing with wow at launch - you missed that window for a couple of years and you are competing with wow at this moment. Simple market logic. If I launch a product into the market, it has to compete with current products on the same market - it is entirely irrelevant that the competing product had 5 more years to develop - tough luck.

• firstbournefirstbourne Member Posts: 32

This argument just never ends does it?

I played the hell outta WoW all the way thru BC, then I got bored and quit. I didn't "take a break", I quit. Vendored my gear, deleted my toons, stopped billing on my account. But I don't hate the people that still play.

Just because you don't like a game - let the others play it. It doesn't hurt you. Hell, it shouldn't even bother you.

I think golf is a lame waste of time and real estate. But I don't lurk on the sports forums and slam golf all day. Get a life and move on. Spend more time doing whatever you like, and less time stressing about some game you think sucks.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by coffee

Areans are maybe 1-2% of the game.  And if you dont want to participate you dont have too.

You don't have to eh?  So what if  I want to be the battlegrounds extraordinare?  I hate arena and just want to do battlegrounds spending lots of time organizing premades. Well now, I get crap rewards for it because all the decent gear is won through arenas.  Kill the system.

• DaggraDaggra Member Posts: 24

hahaha WoW killer... That's a good one. We're in what developers are calling "next gen" now, and there is NOTHING next gen about this game.

As someone has already said, the combat in Warhammer absolutely SUCKS. It's slow. VERY slow. Two warriors will stand stiff as boards whacking eachother with hammers back and forth like out of a stupid cartoon.

When the player walks, his avatar feels like it's gliding over the ground rather than his feet making contact. Even WoW, with its cartoon graphics (believe it or not), does a better job of realistic animations.

That, to me, is very sad. When a game is delayed several times and cannot even match up to the animations of a game several years older, that spells fail.

I can't play a game where my avatar might as well be a walking stiff-board carrying a hammer with a minute between each attack...It's just a huge disappointment.

Anyone who says they are "ok" is in blind denial. They are atrocious.

• Sanctus_MorsSanctus_Mors Member Posts: 597

Daggra, your trolling is full of fail. I just saw a post you put up on the WAR forum with the exact same words.

your arguement is so persuasive, so filled with knowledge and insight. You back up your argument very articulately, with suggestions of improvements and raising examples to glorify your position....oh wait, you didn't

• nesteanestea Member UncommonPosts: 30

I thought I read this thread right before Burning Crusades came out, I personally love the game and I think WOTLK is going to be sweet (whoa is that me getting spammed for saying I like wow?)

• YarosYaros Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by Daggra
    hahaha WoW killer... That's a good one. We're in what developers are calling "next gen" now, and there is NOTHING next gen about this game.
    As someone has already said, the combat in Warhammer absolutely SUCKS. It's slow. VERY slow. Two warriors will stand stiff as boards whacking eachother with hammers back and forth like out of a stupid cartoon.
    When the player walks, his avatar feels like it's gliding over the ground rather than his feet making contact. Even WoW, with its cartoon graphics (believe it or not), does a better job of realistic animations.
    That, to me, is very sad. When a game is delayed several times and cannot even match up to the animations of a game several years older, that spells fail.
    I can't play a game where my avatar might as well be a walking stiff-board carrying a hammer with a minute between each attack...It's just a huge disappointment.

Actually, most (but not all) beta leakers report that combat is much better then WoW, not really slower, but it takes longer to kill someone and CC is weaker in WAR (they still changing and balancing it). Weapon's speeds are similar in both games - you have big slow weapons and fast like daggers.
    WAR combat looks more static, because there is colision detection, so you can't go through people to hit their back, you also can't jump in fight as it cancels style/spell.
    But I agree, that WoW has better animations then WAR BETA at this point (and this have nothing to do with cartoony or not graphics - Blizzard is just better on this field).
    I know that arguing with blind fanboi, who has no idea about WAR beta is waste of time, but well... maybe someone will find this post useful.
    And of course, WotLK will not fail, I think it will sell better then WAR, at least at few first months after release.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

out of 11 million players only a fraction raid.  only a fraction do PvP and only a fraction reach max lvl.  do you really think blizz gives a toss if half of those small groups leave over something silly like raid drops or a change in PvP.  go ahead and think that you represent the "majority",  all you represent is the vocal group.

i spent 2 years in WoW and in that time 80% of people i met never wanted to raid, never PvP'd all they did was level.  they enjoyed the game and they are the majority of the players.  WoTLK wont fail because out of that 11 million you have 9 million players that just want to level up and have fun (usually with friends) and dont give a toss about raids and pvp

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Yaros

Actually, most (but not all) beta leakers report that combat is much better then WoW, not really slower, but it takes longer to kill someone and CC is weaker in WAR (they still changing and balancing it). Weapon's speeds are similar in both games - you have big slow weapons and fast like daggers.

WAR combat looks more static, because there is colision detection, so you can't go through people to hit their back, you also can't jump in fight as it cancels style/spell.

But I agree, that WoW has better animations then WAR BETA at this point (and this have nothing to do with cartoony or not graphics - Blizzard is just better on this field).

I know that arguing with blind fanboi, who has no idea about WAR beta is waste of time, but well... maybe someone will find this post useful.

And of course, WotLK will not fail, I think it will sell better then WAR, at least at few first months after release.

Just for the record juming in WoW will also and has always had the effect of canceling your attack, unless its instant case or auto melee attack (and in PvP you dont use auto melee much).  I dont know where people get the impression that you bunny hop in WoW?

I for 1 hate collision detection, I think this is partly way combat in WAR looks so slow and clunky.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Stupid company that you would like: "Hey lets waste our time and resources to implement the highest level graphics and the most precise animations during the beta. The hell with the "core gameplay" crap, we don't need to test that! Lets make sure our game is shiny and smooth so that people won't troll it. Bugs and exploits and a broken endgame, hah, NO ONE cares about that! Beta is for showing off how "wtfawesome" our game will be."

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Just for the record juming in WoW will also and has always had the effect of canceling your attack, unless its instant case or auto melee attack (and in PvP you dont use auto melee much).  I dont know where people get the impression that you bunny hop in WoW?

I for 1 hate collision detection, I think this is partly way combat in WAR looks so slow and clunky.

Are you kidding me? Go spam sinister strike or mortal strike or any other instant cast (and there's alot of them in there). Even healers can do it now. HoTs anyone? Resto druids running around jumping and shapeshifting like it was cake? Collision detection is more realistic, so it's okay if you don't like it. You prefer the cartoony, more unrealistic path, which is totally fine.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

Originally posted by Ascension08

Are you kidding me? Go spam sinister strike or mortal strike or any other instant cast (and there's alot of them in there). Even healers can do it now. HoTs anyone? Resto druids running around jumping and shapeshifting like it was cake? Collision detection is more realistic, so it's okay if you don't like it. You prefer the cartoony, more unrealistic path, which is totally fine.

Your taking about instant case spells and attacks, yes you can jump (if you realy want to) when doing that but you dont see masses of player jumping on the spot hit each other like many people think.

They are both games, both are cartoony (but WoW has more style).. neither is real to think other wise.. is um.. well.

This looks real doesn't it?

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220

Coffee: You are unreal:)

Post at least a recent screenshot if you want to show how it looks in 'BETA' right now with alot of shadows and lightmaps missing, and not an almost two year old screen shot. You are the Karl Rove of MMORPG :p

http://savepic.ru/234498.htm

http://savepic.ru/222210.htm

• TergeronTergeron Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Sikhander

Post at least a recent screenshot if you want to show how it looks in 'BETA' right now with alot of shadows and lightmaps missing, and not an almost two year old screen shot. You are the Karl Rove of MMORPG :p

Why do you care about realistic detail when you're playing a game with orcs goblins elfs and dwarves..

Originally posted by Sikhander

That was a screenshot from the offical WAR website and amoung the last round of screens THEY posted. Its an upto to date official screen shot.