Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Mark Jacobs Interview Part Two

14567810»

Comments

• GerardAtJobGerardAtJob Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by wilq

No Black Guard = no WaR for me. And punkuster is only nail in the coffin.

CHEATER! ;)

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144

why cheater? lineage 2 hawe anti cheat program attached called gameguard, he guards nothing as lineage 2 hawe more bots radars and more cheating programs i ever seen in mmo. its a excuse for devs to fight with cheating personally

• pablo906pablo906 Member Posts: 2

I'm under NDA so there isn't much I can say other than these couple of things:

1.) This game is not WoW and WoW totally copied Warhammer IP with their game.  The art is no WoW original Warhammer had this artistic style LONG before WoW or Warcraft was invented. 

2.) War is not WoW in any shape form or fashion.

3.) Mythic said from day one if something isn't awesome it's not going in the game, therefore they aren't going back on anything they said previously they are doing the right thing by telling us and holding true to their beliefs.

4.) I will definitely play this game at launch and am even more excited now than I was when I first heard about it.

• pablo906pablo906 Member Posts: 2

To everyone whining about PB.  This is simply an added layer of protection.  It's definitely going to be more secure by adding layers or protection than if it didn't have PB. 

This is a simple tennet of network security, the more layers of good security you have the better off you are.

Mythic never once said that they will ONLY have PB for cheat and hack detection.  They will still develop all their own stuf in house, they will simply add PB to the mix.  This should help prevent things that change the game executable by running on the local computer and not getting into a spygate controversy for scanning Memory and stuff.  This is a genius move to adopt and industry standard anti-cheat program and circumvent the crying in forums all over the world about how they shoudln't be allowed to scan resident memory etc. because it's an invasion of privacy.  In this case PB takes care of that in an industry standard way that people have to come to know and expect while keeping a transparent EULA and game client.  This will hopefully mainly stop botters not packet sniffers. 

Also in most modern games things like Odin's Eye aren't necessary since you don't have the need for that type of program.

• CyrotakCyrotak Member Posts: 3

Yeah you completely missed the point there about PB people dont like it because of the DC it causes, to be honest ive never played an mmo with it so i cant say, but from all the gamers i know it hasn t got positive reviews.

Don't worry.. if it's shit, they'll drop it :)

• Nova62Nova62 Member Posts: 8

Mythic said that they were not dead set on PB yet. They were going to try it out in beta and see how it went. If it was crap they were going to drop it. I have never been on a game that uses it so I don't know much about it. 

When I first heard that they were dropping some classes, and dropping 4 cities I was pissed, I have been waiting for this game for two years now and to get this news months before the game is going to be released kind of irked me, but after reading the numerous interviews Mythic has done since the announcement I can understand why they did it.

I was never sold on the Knights of the blazing sun anyway, so I am happy that they scraped them. I thought there were better Knight classes they could have used from the tabletop game, which they might be able to use now that the knights of the blazing sun are gone.

I can respect a company that can say, hey these things just are not up to par, so we are not going to let them out until they are where we want them. I wish more companies were like that. I am still looking forward to receiving my collectors edition and getting into Warhammer online.

• sh4dowst4lkrsh4dowst4lkr Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Kuji-Kiri

Only 2 capital cities and my favorite class was cut from launch. Not buying this. Sorry. :(

lol agreed, i mean if they are going to cut things out to speed up lauch, due to finances and such its just sad, and for those fanboys that are going to say it will still be good, those cities are huge, those cut classes werent that great, well they are hurting the lore, i mean if they do add the other cities, what?  will their space chip city just land there? i mean this is just sloppy and done due too greed, hell though im no flammer, and i will give the game a try when it is finished I just think its sad for it to happen.

Anyway... we'll see you in game 2 weeks after launch ...

• PerlinpinpinPerlinpinpin Member Posts: 8

The MMO "Board Game" Concept is born ! Eureka !

the basic Box with Human against Orc, oops sorry Chaos

the other army after ^^ Games Workshop ghost goes out of this body !!!

ho ho but Warhammer : Mark of Choas exist allready !? no ?

ho of course there is 3 dungeon and some quest inside ! hopefully

so it a MMO RPG! tha was short !!!

i hope that it will have enought things at last for to entertain me more than 1 month like AoC not did !

"cut and polish " 3 years of dev ! hummm plz go to hire some Chinese or Pakistan worker for to do 50 dungeon plz Mythic seems to be slower to dev things than Blizzard ( somebody wants to see a plan of an EQ dungeon?)

omg plz dont kill the Warhammer licence ! the StarWars, LoTR, Dungeons & Dragons one are allready dead !! what after ? Cthulhu Mythos !!?

• bedsizebedsize Member UncommonPosts: 10

I haven't read much of this tread, and i don't need too.

The cut of the citys and carriers/classes is simply a proff of poorly management, and the fact that so many other promising mmorpgs are getting in on the marked.

WAR has been in the making for so long, that its being predated before release, and Mystic is getting desperate.

Therefore they are cutting some major parts of the game, so they can release the game in time.

I suspect another paid beta release as we got with AOC. :(

i'll stick with Blizzard, they don't release anything thats not finished, and they don't promise more than they can deliver.!

• AxumAxum Member Posts: 891
    Originally posted by bedsize

I haven't read much of this tread, and i don't need too.
    The cut of the citys and carriers/classes is simply a proff of poorly management, and the fact that so many other promising mmorpgs are getting in on the marked.
    WAR has been in the making for so long, that its being predated before release, and Mystic is getting desperate.

Therefore they are cutting some major parts of the game, so they can release the game in time.
    I suspect another paid beta release as we got with AOC. :(

i'll stick with Blizzard, they don't release anything thats not finished, and they don't promise more than they can deliver.!

you do not understand the concept

of plan and promise do you?

they are NOT the same.

It is MYTHIC not Mystic...

They are doing mechanic wise what they think is best.

Not having the time is only 1/2 of the story.

• bedsizebedsize Member UncommonPosts: 10

you may be better informed than me.!

But as i see it,  you can't play a melee dps class on the order side if you don't like elfs.

There is now only 2 citys to attack, leaving less to none surprise atttacks.

it all makes me wonder what else they have left for future improvements.?

• AxumAxum Member Posts: 891

melee dps would be Witch hunter for empire.

dwarves are the only one without