Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameWorldGR claims there where not “many inaccuracies and mistakes” in there article as Tasos has c

PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIv3YnHuVQ

Zorvan said

Hey Mr. GameWorldGR. Can you tell us if the blatant lies involving Tasos past work experience at the conference were in fact told verbatim from information provided by Tasos, or was the magazine really so ignorant as to "misquote" his entire history, as Tasos would have everyone believe. Tasos says it's all your fault. Is it?

GameWorldGR replyed

Tasos Flampouras told me to fix a single world about his POSITION in Aventurine. Nothing more, nothing less. All other information provided by GameWorld is correct and Tasos agrees with that as we received a second e-mail to confirm these information.

So I suppose we can all read the rather poor online translations of this article available and decide for ourselves if Tasos did indeed say anything that was untrue, dubious or even just questionable for ourselves.

Comments

• SilvarchSilvarch Member Posts: 233

Hmm, at the risk of sounding like a troll/carebear/WoW fanboy or any other term used to describe people who have any doubts about Aventurine's grand design, I have to ask: What, then, is this about?

"About an article that appeared on a Greek game site on a short presentation I made at a Greek game developer conference, it's obvious that it contains many inaccuracies and mistakes due to limited knowledge on our game and company. I'm misquoted and misrepresented in the article and I sent them a correction request a few days ago but I see they haven't fixed it yet."

Assuming both parties are being honest, there must be serious communication issues between the two.

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

That’s why I used the “many inaccuracies and mistakes” quote from that recent update from Tasos, I was referring to his response to the article that you have reposted.

GameWorldGR stated there was only a single word to fix, and Tasos agreed everything else in the article is correct, because he confirmed it in a second email.

The many inaccuracies, mistakes, misquotes and misrepresentation’s that Tasos claimed where present in the article that where not fixed.

Apparently only amounted to an amendment of a single word relating his position in Aventurine.

Perhaps Tasos is just as vague and ambiguous when publicly speaking in his native language to fellow developers, as he is vague and ambiguous when speaking English to the Darkfall community.

I understand your point, and I was trying to place emphasis on it because it's likely  you or Zorvan will end up being flamed while glossing over the fact that what Tasos stated and what GameWorldGR stated are mutually exclusive and not compatible. A single word correction over his position at Aventurine is misrepresentation and arguably it could be said to be misquotation as well, but it certainly isn't "many inaccuracies and mistakes due to limited knowledge on our game and company", much less "obvious". It does nothing to disprove that Tasos did claim to have impressive industry credentials that are backed up by absolutely nothing. Either one of them is not being truthful or they're communicating with each other in vastly different languages.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

If you read at the bottom of the page covering the Conference, there is another company politely correcting gross errors on the reporter's part. Namely, the reporter mentioned that they have lost funding for development etc, but the company representative corrected him saying that not only are they still funded, but so busy developing that they did not have the time to participate in the Conference.

http://www.gameworld.gr/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1325

EDIT: Actually, 2 companies "correct" reporter misinformation...

Originally posted by Galadourn

If you read at the bottom of the page covering the Conference, there is another company politely correcting gross errors on the reporter's part. Namely, the reporter mentioned that they have lost funding for development etc, but the company representative corrected him saying that not only are they still funded, but so busy developing that they did not have the time to participate in the Conference.

Having read that, through Google translation, I agree that's a large amount of critical inaccuracies. One wonders why Aventurine only corrected a single word and then emailed a confimation when other companies that attended, or even one that didn't, made a public effort to correct their inaccuracies and explicitly state what they were. The could easily point out exactly what was wrong in it.

I suppose we should assume GameWorldGR is not being forthcoming with the details of the corrections, inaccuracies and confirmation, or Aventurine finds the rest of the content about them acceptable.

Apparently they where both native Greek speakers so I cant understand what the problem could be, unless one of the parties involved is being willfully misleading.

I think I demonstrated with only a cursory investigation that Tasos apparent claims of his previous work experience where at the very least probably exaggerations or at worst complete fabrications in this post.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/187597

As to his other claims such as
    Darkfall has an official community of over 3 millions users
    Darkfall is popular worldwide with hundreds of thousands of fans
    Darkfall’s popularity is keeping the interest for a large community and big game sites
    Darkfall is an innovative MMORPG that is expected to enter beta in the coming months.
    Darkfall’s server will host 10,000 people concurrently.
    Darkfall is expected to release in late 2008
    Aventurine will self publish in Europe and America.
    Aventurine are expected to be become / be invloved with a big publisher.
    Aventurine is in discussions with Ubi Soft and Codemasters.
    Aventurine has turned down previous publishing offers because they did not meet Tasos criteria.
    Aventurine works with standard large companies, to create a strong game in the world market.
    If Darkfall had launched 3 years ago the game would have been “buried”
    If Darkfall had launched 3 years ago it would not have its present community of 50,000 signed up members.
    I think time will tell if any of this statements that where apparently made by Tasos at this conference are true or not.

Galadourn I’ve already mentioned that in other posts about this, but it simply poses the question if these mistakes where made why did Tasos only make a request for a single word correction.

This whole thing is a mess because Tasos and Aventurine decided to attended a Greek gaming conference and gave an “exclusive” interview to the Greek website covering this conference without ever mentioning it to the community, until I and other people drew the community attention to it.

Tasos could correct everything in that article and post it on the official forums or on the GameWorld site, but no, he just makes vague and ambiguous allegations that the article is at fault, and now the Articles author claims there where no mistakes at all.

Are we to presume that this “exclusive” interview will also be full of the same inaccuracies, mistakes, misquotes and misrepresentation?

Under 6 months from launch and this appears to be the sort of PR and media exposure Tasos is presenting to the community so far, I sincerely hopes he starts acting a lot more professionally and competently over the next few months for his and are benefit.

• AntikytheraAntikythera Member Posts: 128

Tasos is a clown plain and simple running a clown show called Darkfall Online.

The part where it says he worked for MSN gaming zone is still in there.

He never worked for MSN Gaming zone.

Someone should call up MSN Gaming zone and ask them about that.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Wow.. I never knew someone would lie like this... Sounds like Mythomania to me.

• Keeper2000Keeper2000 Member UncommonPosts: 637

Tasos does his job well... he is the Hype Machine and for investing like 10 min per week to it... he does a GREAT job, imo.

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by Keeper2000

Tasos does his job well... he is the Hype Machine and for investing like 10 min per week to it... he does a GREAT job, imo.

Have you heard of Brad McQuaid?

Originally posted by Polarization

This whole thing is a mess because Tasos and Aventurine decided to attended a Greek gaming conference and gave an “exclusive” interview to the Greek website covering this conference without ever mentioning it to the community, until I and other people drew the community attention to it.
    Tasos could correct everything in that article and post it on the official forums or on the GameWorld site, but no, he just makes vague and ambiguous allegations that the article is at fault, and now the Articles author claims there where no mistakes at all.
    Are we to presume that this “exclusive” interview will also be full of the same inaccuracies, mistakes, misquotes and misrepresentation?
    Under 6 months from launch and this appears to be the sort of PR and media exposure Tasos is presenting to the community so far, I sincerely hopes he starts acting a lot more professionally and competently over the next few months for his and are benefit.
    Galadourn I’ve already mentioned that in other posts about this, but it simply poses the question if these mistakes where made why did Tasos only make a request for a single word correction.

I think we are overestimating the importance this internet article has; Aventurine are probably so busy at the moment they can't be bothered to pursue correction of misquotes/inaccuracies.

Plus, this same site will hold the proper online interview, so I believe Tasos will be able to present all the facts about his previous experience and Aventurine's in detail very soon

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

I think we are overestimating the importance this internet article has; Aventurine are probably so busy at the moment they can't be bothered to pursue correction of misquotes/inaccuracies.

Plus, this same site will hold the proper online interview, so I believe Tasos will be able to present all the facts about his previous experience and Aventurine's in detail very soon

I'm sure they're just so busy, so busy in fact they could not say a few simple words or send out an e-mail correcting their false statements. I wish I could be so busy I was unable to say anything at all, ever.

/sarcasm off

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

They are too busy to launch their game it seems.

But Tasos did have time to be bothered to pursue corrections.
    He told us he had done so in one of his recent updates.
    And then GameWorld confirmed they received a correction email (with a single correction), and a second email confirming this information.
    Maybe he is busy working on Darkfall, but he still seems to find plenty of time to attend things like Greek developers conferences, or to be involved with forming a new “Greek game developers club”
    He might, but if hes still the vague and ambigious Tasos we all know and love i doubt it.

In light of recent events, how can we be so sure Tasos wont again accuse this exclusive article of “many inaccuracies and mistakes” and accuse GameWorld of “misquoting and misrepresenting” due to “limited knowledge on our game and company”

I could not make this up if I tried, I posted another comment for Mr. GameWorld

GameWorldGR : I just wanted to assure you that we are not being critical of your website or the Greek gaming community / developers.

What we are worried about is that Tasos might of lied to your magazine and at the recent Greek gaming conference, and the "Greek game developers club" that GameWorldGR has covered.

We just want to know the truth about Aventurine and Darkfall.

And what do I find somebody has recomended this to me:

Darkfall is coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bYYT6Wg3Gg&feature=rec-fresh

I ask for the truth and I get a video prophesizing Darkfall is definitely going to be almost everything I could ever possibly conceive of wanting, except for unlimited blow jobs and free beer whilst playing.

And the really sad thing is its also over a year old, just like the videos and screenshots shown at the Greek conference.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Did any of you bright bright people ever think of having a an actual greek translation the article instead of using google translator.  That would filter out a lot of the inaccuracies we think we are seeing.  After you do that you could easily bring them point for point to the gameworlds.gr people and actually get some real answers.

Just think it would be a better idea then emailing them like a patronizing idiot using a crub google translation.

You could also just ask Galadron since he is greek,  and probably has a shtload better position on this article then most of us non greek speakers.

Then once you get that done,  email the gamesworld fellow back asking him about work exp.  and the necron quote.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

Brad is a true leader in the MMO business....

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

Originally posted by gotha

Did any of you bright bright people ever think of having a an actual greek translation the article instead of using google translator.  That would filter out a lot of the inaccuracies we think we are seeing.  After you do that you could easily bring them point for point to the gameworlds.gr people and actually get some real answers.

Just think it would be a better idea then emailing them like a patronizing idiot using a crub google translation.

You could also just ask Galadron since he is greek,  and probably has a shtload better position on this article then most of us non greek speakers.

Then once you get that done,  email the gamesworld fellow back asking him about work exp.  and the necron quote.

If I'm not mistaken, the main point of concern in relation to Tasos's interview, is his past experience. But there is no way any of us can verify this information (other than asking Tasos directly )

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611
    Originally posted by Hauken

Originally posted by huxflux2004

Brad is a true leader in the MMO business....

LMAO.

If I'm not mistaken, the main point of concern in relation to Tasos's interview, is his past experience. But there is no way any of us can verify this information (other than asking Tasos directly )

But I have already proven beyond reasonable doubt that Tasos never worked on Age of Empires, Ashersons Call, Messiah or for Microsoft, Turbine, Ensemble Studios or Shiney Entertainament.

Because his name does not even appear as even an intern or a tester on any of the credits for any of those games or from the people credited from the company’s involved in their creation.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

The google translator is not going to make up Tasos' claimed prior work experience, which we all know is false as hell.

Originally posted by Zorvan

The google translator is not going to make up Tasos' claimed prior work experience, which we all know is false as hell.

And several Greek speakers on this site have already confirmed that the claims and statements made by Tasos are fundamentally correct in the google translation, if they read this perhaps they could confirm that again.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Originally posted by Zorvan

And several Greek speakers on this site have already confirmed that the claims and statements made by Tasos are fundamentally correct in the google translation, if they read this perhaps they could confirm that again.

The article also states he works for microsoft twice and that darkfall under razorwax was called neocron.

I am wondering if was talking about what he said,  what he did in those companies.  There is a lot one can do that does not get accredited in credits.

Polar also emailed this fellow in the most unprofessional and stupid trollish manner like he was posting on some damn mmo forum.  Any magazine editor would not spend more then a half minutes ass responce to that .

Because his name does not even appear as even an intern or a tester on any of the credits for any of those games or from the people credited from the company’s involved in their creation.
    But I have already proven beyond reasonable doubt that Tasos never worked on Age of Empires, Ashersons Call, Messiah or for Microsoft, Turbine, Ensemble Studios or Shiney Entertainament.

Checking the credits in a CD case is a fool-proof  way of finding out whether someone has actually participated in the project.

There are many levels of participation, from actual coding to administrative work and, given Tasos' young age, it'd be safe to assume that his (any) involvement in  those projects would have been of the latter type.