Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Myth War 2: Myth War II: Introductory Q&A

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's own Joe Iuliani provides the questions for this interview with Jadefox Hu of IGG's Myth War II. In the interview, Hu introduces us to this follow up to Myth War.

In your opinion, what makes Myth War II stand apart from all the other free to play games on the market today?

Jadefox Hu

Myth War II (http://mw2.igg.com) is a free 2D online game. Its classic feel makes it comfortable and relaxing for experienced players who have grown up with similar styles. One of the highlights of this game is its unique ATB combat system. The ATB combat system means players should be familiar with turn-based strategy combat while also giving players the sense of tension that they expect from modern games. The distinct “Rumor” system will keep players guessing.

Read the whole interview here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

Sigh.

FARE, not FAIR.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Another turn based stategy combat.  You have to wonder if any of these developers have ever played a MMO.  I just don't see a MMO with that, being very popular at all. 

Another one to put on my list to avoid.

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

i lub turn based strategy combat! 

But just like everything else, complex and interesting turn-based systems have been "simplified" or "streamlined" or "modernized" (ie dumbed down) to the point where they're simplistic and boring.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

MMORPG.com:

Players love to customize their characters; can you describe the new character designs announced for Myth War II?

Jadefox Hu

In Myth War II, there are four kinds of attributes including HP, MP, Strength, and Agility. After leveling up, players have the right to set these points as they see fit. Meanwhile, the title system offers players a chance to show off what they have accomplished. Of course, players can freely set attribute points, enhance resistances and choose skills for their pets.

In other words, everyone will look alike and have the same attributes. Lame.