Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall - THE WOW KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by SignusM

Originally posted by kishe

Darkfall...5 years in development and best they can do is give us handful of semi-rendered screenshots.

There's about 500 screenshots in total, and about 4 videos.

When was the last one released though?

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by SignusM

Darkfall...5 years in development and best they can do is give us handful of semi-rendered screenshots.

There's about 500 screenshots in total, and about 4 videos.

To date, footage of the Loch Ness monster also totals to about 500 screenshots and 4 videos. :)

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by MarleVVLL

You're serious?

Have you looked at this, or this?

Blessings,

Hoooooooolyyyyyyyyy cow. THIS... Is what I have been waiting for. FPS style combat system too... This won't just kill WoW... This is going to kill all MMORPGs. I'll bet my motorcycle on it.

Isaiah 41:10
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Hoooooooolyyyyyyyyy cow. THIS... Is what I have been waiting for. FPS style combat system too... This won't just kill WoW... This is going to kill all MMORPGs. I'll bet my motorcycle on it.

I don't think anyone is refuting if they can produce what they claim it would be great.

But the question is if they can and if this isn't a lot of hype for a game that will never come out.

Or if it does come out, will be plagued with bugs or an old engine.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Talemire

You're serious?

Blessings,

What kind of bike, and how soon after game failure will I receive it?

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by kishe Darkfall...5 years in development and best they can do is give us handful of semi-rendered screenshots. 

You're serious?
    Blessings,

And thus is how clueless little Tasos's, I mean Darkfall fanbois are born. Gah has Mourning never taught you anything? If you have no clue what Mourning was you will soon enough :).

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

I want that motorcycle too.  Maybe we should draw straws or something.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Theodgrim

I figure whichever one of us lives the furthest from him should get it, so he incurs the heftiest transporting fees for his mistake. So far, looks like you get it.

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Theodgrim

I figure whichever one of us lives the furthest from him should get it, so he incurs the heftiest transporting fees for his mistake. So far, looks like you get it.

Sweet.  Now we need to get some details...am I gonna be cruisin', carvin', or playing in the dirt?  And if DF doesnt launch in 08, do I win by default?

• ShneakyOneShneakyOne Member UncommonPosts: 156

MORTAL ONLINE!!!!

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

Sweet! I knew that comment was going to cause a rumble Mission complete!

Isaiah 41:10
  • kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

I gonna use the words "YOU'RE A NOOB" here.. really.. you see those kind of topics every day on the forums here (I would suggest the devs of mmorpg.com to make a special space on this site for people with "kill-wow" topics..

I also made a wowkill topic once ^^ but that was for telling people that they should stop making this kind of topics because they are really stupid and useless...

sorry but first of all, it's impossible to kill wow at this moment, it has just to many players. You need to understand some things before posting things like this.

all the new games that comes out take away players of wow, but even with darkfall wow will not be killed. This process will take manny years. Wow will just die like most mmorpgs do: because it's become to old.. ( and don't think that will be soon, even in 10 years there will still be servers running and people playing)

Darkfall says that it offers fun stuff, well let's hope it's fun. AOC also said it would be a great game. Well it's nice but mmh not my thing. I tried it and didn't like it. there are lots of people who bought AOC and are now canceling their subscritions. This can also happen with Darkfall.. There came so manny games out since wow released and there were so manny games where people said that this would be the one who wil beat wow. And it still didnt happen. It's like waiting for the return of jezus... So I suggest you just wait, and see what happens.

Do not call me a wow fanboy or something... I am a fan of wow, I played the game for 3 years, and I had a great time!!! But I had to move on and I bought lotro, thats also a verry nice game! and I think I stay there for a while now.

And by the way. There is NO ONE waiting for the dead of world of warcraft. That's just a waist of time.

And WHO THE HELL CARES?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• jackwhitejackwhite Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by kingtommyboy

I gonna use the words "YOU'RE A NOOB" here.. really.. you see those kind of topics every day on the forums here (I would suggest the devs of mmorpg.com to make a special space on this site for people with "kill-wow" topics..
    I also made a wowkill topic once ^^ but that was for telling people that they should stop making this kind of topics because they are really stupid and useless...
    sorry but first of all, it's impossible to kill wow at this moment, it has just to many players. You need to understand some things before posting things like this.
    all the new games that comes out take away players of wow, but even with darkfall wow will not be killed. This process will take manny years. Wow will just die like most mmorpgs do: because it's become to old.. ( and don't think that will be soon, even in 10 years there will still be servers running and people playing)
    Darkfall says that it offers fun stuff, well let's hope it's fun. AOC also said it would be a great game. Well it's nice but mmh not my thing. I tried it and didn't like it. there are lots of people who bought AOC and are now canceling their subscritions. This can also happen with Darkfall.. There came so manny games out since wow released and there were so manny games where people said that this would be the one who wil beat wow. And it still didnt happen. It's like waiting for the return of jezus... So I suggest you just wait, and see what happens.
    Do not call me a wow fanboy or something... I am a fan of wow, I played the game for 3 years, and I had a great time!!! But I had to move on and I bought lotro, thats also a verry nice game! and I think I stay there for a while now.
    And by the way. There is NO ONE waiting for the dead of world of warcraft. That's just a waist of time.
    And WHO THE HELL CARES?

Wow you called me a noob. I am so insulted.  If you know the history of MMO's, many of them have had millions of subscribers and have died (Everquest, Ultima Online, SWG).

• lapis2lapis2 Member Posts: 17

i love when some1 says something really stupid then gets mad when people point out how stupid what they said was.  its great comedy.

• Rob_dc84Rob_dc84 Member Posts: 149

mr.jackwhite hi just wanted to say your on some good drugs and are not sharing so be a friend and share with us cuz we wanna see the world how u do and why the hell u think darkfall will end wow and why u think it exist. thanks

• lapis2lapis2 Member Posts: 17

oh man i just watched 1 of their "gameplay" videos hahahahaha.  all it showed was badly designed character models riding some decent looking horses then at the very end it showed literally less than 10 secs of "gameplay"  where the models look stiff poorley animated and surrounded by bad effects. 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Duh. Its pretty normal that games are in development for 5 years, though. Only normally companies dont announce them that early.

Originally posted by davitos

the only thing that is going to kill WoW is a new MMO maked by blizzard.

Who knows. Personally I'm amazed people back then kept playing Diablo 2. I'm amazed that people today keep playing WoW. I see very little reason for doing so. Blizzard always does the same type of games - easy, shallow, outdated graphics (ok that one wouldnt bother me), beginner friendly and endgame unfriendly. The type of game a reasonable player, in my opinion, would play for a month, then ditch in boredom.

Originally posted by StinkyPits

WoW will never die - but WAR will sure take a lot of customers away.  WAR will kick some butt!

WoW will die one day, as will any other MMO, but not in the near future. In fact, even some of the oldest MMOs are still around, arent they ?

This won't just kill WoW... This is going to kill all MMORPGs. I'll bet my motorcycle on it.

How stupid can one be ???

Originally posted by jackwhite

Wow you called me a noob. I am so insulted.  If you know the history of MMO's, many of them have had millions of subscribers and have died (Everquest, Ultima Online, SWG).

Everquest, Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies are all still up and running, for all I know.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Who in his right mind expects Darkfall to dethrone WoW from the most popular MMO position?

Darkfall is not a WoW killer. In fact, it's nothing more than hyped potential on this and other forums. Same as what AoC used to be or what WAR, Aion and all the soon to launch games are. It takes a lot more than potential to claw youself in the top popularity MMO position.

Besides, do the Darkfall fans really want that?

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

What is vapor cannot possibly kill something that is thriving.

Only if it's steaming hot vapour hehe

• Friction2uFriction2u Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by bluealien1

What is vapor cannot possibly kill something that is thriving.

lol

Considering the MO link in your sig I hope you see the irony in what you said

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Um, well, how to put this ?

Darkfall is what... it is. I see numerous issues with its concept, as I've seen them with AoC.

Unlike AoC, its an extreme and experimental concept. Refreshing, in a way, but personally I cant see it succeed. Succeed in respect to be another niche MMO, sure. Succeed as a WoW killer ? Not really.

I believe that we are now confusing subscriptions with active subscriptions.

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543
    Originally posted by jackwhite

Originally posted by kingtommyboy

And WHO THE HELL CARES?

..... lol, I know the MMORPG history better then you I think otherwise you wouldn't say that...

I don't think EQ and UO ever reached a million subscribers, maby SWG did.

And those games aren't dead, you can still buy and play them. And they never had as much players as wow has now...

So will wow die? well maby some day.. but you'll have to wait for a loooooooooooooooooong time for that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• TroopsTroops Member Posts: 3

Shame that these new games like AOC, Darkfall etc are or trying to make everything to perfect. some people say that the WOW graphics are outdated but I have to disagree.

This is what I prefer tbh, I don't like the fact that they are trying to make Toons look like real life people, it screws up the fantasy imho. Each to their own but when I play a game it's a game I don't want it to realistic I just want to relax have fun. Looking at all the pics tbh the Toons look crap.

Jumpgate Evolution is one I'm looking forward to, just hope it's close to Earth and beyond as that game was great in its day till it was pushed of a cliff by EA.

anyway thats my 2c