Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The AoC Patch Notes We Should Have Got Today - 6/26

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Taken from the EU Boards and some stuff added. Please fill free to dicuss this wish list or come up with new additions to be added to this existing one. Remember this is a wish list.

General

Female attack animations have had their speed increased where it was inferior to the male equivalent, resulting in both genders now having equal melee DPS regardless of weapons, and a net DPS gain of roughly 18% for all players who stuck with their female characters.

Sprinting and double-tap abilities now drain a flat, numerical value of stamina rather than a fixed percentage. The amount of stamina drained increases with level.

Characters who have completed their level 60 destiny quest, but still bear the mark of Acheron, may now talk to Scyra in Old Tarantia to have it removed.

Barbers and tattoo artists added to the major cities. Styles and designs available will differ based on location.

Aquilonian dance is now less boring.

All climbing points post-Tortage have had their skill requirement reduced by roughly 50%.

Path of Asura mechanic changed: You may now connect two binding points with a Path, allowing you to travel to either of these bound points every 30 minutes.

Custom emotes: Entering /em <emote> will display an emote in the following format: Character name emotes something. The text will be coloured yellow.

Existing emotes have had a textual component added to them, varying slightly depending on whether you have a target or not.

Coinage drops increased significantly.

New armor and weapons graphics added. Look for them in game!

Dyes for armor added.

Interface

All UI elements are now fully scalable.

The clutter surrounding the hotbars may now be disabled from the HUD menu.

The additional hotbar pages available may now be dislodged and moved around freely as separate bars, with corresponding hotkey sets available from the Controls menu.

Players can now create and join custom chat channels by typing /join <channel name>.

Players may now change chat channel colours at their leisure from an in-game palette.

Both the player and the enemy castbar are now movable and resizable.

Players may now freely choose between the large and overly intrusive default on-screen messages, and a new, more discreet version.

Many tooltips clarified.

Additional useful stats displayed on the player stats screen, certain meaningless stats hidden.

Added a right click ability to report gold spam.

Guild Pane

Guild rank names may now be customized.

Guild rank permissions may now be customized.

The guild pane has been expanded to include a guild roster. Guild roster is no longer merged with friendlist.

If the leader leaves a guild, the alphabetically first character of second highest rank will be given leadership permissions.

Guild tabbards with guild emblems now available - customizable!

Player Character

Archetype

Only characters who are martially proficient - the Soldier and Rogue archetypes - will now be able to employ active blocking as part of their combat strategy.

All classes without mana pools would receive another stamina bar: one bar would be for sprinting/blocking, the other bar would be for combos.

New AA's added for all classes.

Conqueror

Feat: Mocking Sneer: The additional threat from this ability is now toggle-based.

Feat: Angel of Fury: Proc rate significantly increased.

Ability: To the Death: Tooltip description changed to reflect the actual nature of the ability.

Ranger

Master Archer feat now properly adjusted and works as intended in Waylerer Line for x-bows only.

Sniper Stance greaterly improved for Sharpshooter.

Pitch Pots now work as intended.

Fire Trap has had its damage significantly raised.

The miss/parry/dodge bug has been fixed and you should ahve a greater chance to hit your target when their back is to you.

Fixed mezz shots

Fixed marked target it was not meant to pull a MoB

Priest of Mitra

You now have a single target heal available with a 3 second timer.

Group AoE heals have been increased across the board.

You now have a new stun. Blinded by the Light - can last upto 10 seconds and causes your target to stop attacking and to shield their eyes.

Armor protection reduced.

Increased HP by another 10% due to reduction of armor

AoE attacks scale with number of targets. Your damage output decreases with increased number of targets.

Assassin

Your armor now protects you a little better.

You can still crit even if the target is moving and you attack from behind and are stealthed.

Guardians

Damage output increased 5% across the board for all attacks.

Nercomancer

When you go stealth - so do your pets - attacking an NPC or a player brings you and your pets out of stealth.

Pet bug that has plagued you is now fixed. No need to dimiss all pets and begin again.

Demonologist

When you go stealth -so do your pets - attacking an NPC or a player brings you and your pets out of stealth.

Bear Shaman

Your whole class has been rewritten and now includes six pets you can call on that you can control in combat! The choices for pets include. Lynx, Bear, Eagle, Boar, Tiger, Lion - each with it's own special attacks and abilities.

Dark Templer

All white damage does 10% more damage

Has a new attack and animation - Grip of Death, dot/stun - can immobolize a target for 15 seconds and does 30 points of damage per tick. Grip of Death is broken if target is damaged by a melee/bow/magic strike.

Skills

Casting Concentration now works as intended. To ensure complete resistance to incantation and casting interruption from common attacks, the maximum amount of points is required to be invested in the skill.

Investing points in the Run Speed skill should now result in a more noticeable benefit. The run speed bonus now also applies in combat.

Investing points in the Endurance skill should now result in a more noticeable benefit.

NPC

Caster mobs no longer always do maximum damage.

Mobs now have a significantly lower chance of spotting a Hiding character if approached from behind.

Questgiver NPCs now display a red exclamation mark for quests that are too high level for your character, and a grey exclamation mark if they offer quests far below your level.

Massive PvP

We discovered a magical bit of code that allows you to partake in sieges without the game slowing to a crawl. Yay!

Mounts

Damage from mounted attacks increased.

Mount attack abilities brought back to the Basic Riding skill.

New skill added to mounts for soldier classes - jousting.

Playfield

Mob spawn rates now increase dynamically based on the number of player characters in the vicinity.

Quest:

Grey MoB's returned to how they were originally.

60 new quest added to levels 50-60, 60-70, 70-80 and scale according to the number of people particiapting. That is 20 per 10 levels and each gives significant exp upon completion and 4 are repeatable and randomly generated.

PvP Rewards and System Added:

A new PvP system is in place that will make PvP worthwhile. Gain new skills and gear by purchasing them via earn PvP new points system. Note: Killing the same individual in a 30 minute period gives no points to avoid exploiting the system.

Awards only given when other player is within +/- 5 levels.

Villas:

Shader 3.0 rendering no longer murders performance in these areas.

The Cistern and the Main System

Is now a private instance.

Tradeskills

The rare components you are asked to gather to advance gathering tradeskills are now less ridiculously rare.

Tradeskills now generally work. Yes, Alchemy too.

Crafting and tradeskills should now be fun.

Bugs Fixed

Memory Leaks

We have tracked down and fixed the problem with memory links. You should now clear your cache each time to change instances or port into a new area.

The group bug should no longer plague players who are disconnected from the game.

Staffing and Customer Service

In other news, we have just doubled our GM staff by hiring another GM!

Edit:  Undocumented Patch Notes for 6/26

It seems Necromancers attacking with stealthed pets - the target gets immunity to all forms of stuns,snares, and spells and can only be attacked for the first 10 seconds using the casters pet once they come out of stealth following the first attack. (confirmed)

Comments

• JonsusJonsus Member UncommonPosts: 175

I would get a 6month sub to AoC in a heartbeat if this was even remotely true...

• almout30almout30 Member Posts: 93

Nice list but I doubt that those dumbasses will manage half of that list within this year. They have their priorities totaly the wrong way imho.

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

eh didnt see it was taken from EU boards

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

That list is hilarious....

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

The game is going to be great, perhaps in a few more months. They need to step down on the gas and get it done ASAP.  Its a fun game and it will hold a great niche group of players. However the longer they take to repair the game, the more and more people will leave to go back to their old games.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Qark

ye nice list
    did you really made it or you copy/paste it from somewhere (not joking).
    I would like to copy paste with your permition this nice list to official EU forum :) just to see reaction of others. Or you can copy/paste it there :)

This is from the EU forums from earlier today.  ^_^

• QarkQark Member Posts: 234

ye readed it too late :)

eh...all i can say...if only that was true...

-------------------->
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?

• doomrahdoomrah Member CommonPosts: 376

"Guild tabbards with guild emblems now available - customizable!"

ok funcom, i'll stay now

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

General
    Female attack animations have had their speed increased where it was inferior to the male equivalent, resulting in both genders now having equal melee DPS regardless of weapons, and a net DPS gain of roughly 18% for all players who stuck with their female characters.

WoW I didn't know funcom was sexist now. Talk about a new low and not to mention a door to lawsuits being left open.
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by hobo9766

General

WoW I didn't know funcom was sexist now. Talk about a new low and not to mention a door to lawsuits being left open.

One, it was an error in code. Two, you know nothing of law - a suit such as this would be dismissed before it even made it to court.

Now, my question to the OP or anyone who could answer this. Do the European servers get different patches and additions than the US? I love the idea of pets going stealth. I hate having my pet visible and giving me away.

Originally posted by Dekron

General

One, it was an error in code. Two, you know nothing of law - a suit such as this would be dismissed before it even made it to court.

Now, my question to the OP or anyone who could answer this. Do the European servers get different patches and additions than the US? I love the idea of pets going stealth. I hate having my pet visible and giving me away.
    Error in code or not it doesn't do anything positive for funcom's reputation especially with female gamers. If funcom is ever sued by its female employees for sexual harassment this is something that could be used against them.
  • Grail3rGrail3r Member Posts: 97

Dude this is fake , I thought that was obvious.

It wouldve been nice tho. 

• GnazonGnazon Member Posts: 442

haha Awesome list. It is nice to dream isn't it? I think if it was true I would seriously consider resubscribing just to check it out.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

General

If funcom is ever sued by its female employees for sexual harassment this is something that could be used against them.

No, it could not.

General

If funcom is ever sued by its female employees for sexual harassment this is something that could be used against them.

No, it could not.
    Publicity is much a part of law as anything else. Funcom could get smeered to hell by the femanists forcing them to settle civil suits.
  • DrakEQ2DrakEQ2 Member Posts: 36

Error in code or not it doesn't do anything positive for funcom's reputation especially with female gamers. If funcom is ever sued by its female employees for sexual harassment this is something that could be used against them.

No it couldn't.

I suggest you actually go do some research, instead of just spouting off about shit you couldn't have less of a clue about.

Foolish at best.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

General

No, it could not.

What does sexual harassment have to do with being sexist? What are they going to say, "Funcom made female characters in their game less powerful than the male ones, that's clearly sexual harassment"? I'm no law expert but that makes no sense to the common man.

EDIT: I do agree that publicity is important and there's alot of women who hate sexist men out there, but it's blatantly obvious by now that Hyboria is a sexist world. It kind of goes with the game, and if they don't like it they shouldn't play it.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• DevilHawkDevilHawk Member Posts: 179

You do realize this is a fantasy wishlist right? 

And yes, this list for the most part is exactly what they should be shooting for.. not totally, but damned close.. lol

• NiblixNiblix Member Posts: 160

Press Release, Funcom putting the Com in Comedy!

Please note. The OP post is C.O.M.E.D.Y.

Please DO NOT renew you're subscriptions!

/sarcasm off

Be paid for Beta Testing, don't pay to Beta Test.

Originally posted by DrakEQ2

No it couldn't.
    I suggest you actually go do some research, instead of just spouting off about shit you couldn't have less of a clue about.
    Foolish at best.
    Lets say you walk up to any woman on the street and ask her if she would pay to play a game in which women are 18% weaker than men.... You really think she is going to play or least not be upset?
  • jcstarnjcstarn Member UncommonPosts: 1

When I first read it  on the official forums I thought it was the real patch notes. I was impressed that Funcom got their act together then I realized it was all a pipedream.

Maybe Funcom will read this and actually  use it as a guideline for what we as players want from this game. I doubt it as they apparently live in a small bubble known as Norway and don't actually listen to their customers.

• mdgilbertmdgilbert Member Posts: 10

Great Post. I hope someone at Funcom sees it.

Like everyone else I'm not happy with the state of several elements of the game. That said, I do think the launch was relatively smooth and the fact that we do see updates 1 to 2 times a week shows that Funcom is aware of the shortfalls and is working to address them. I've been around long enough to understand that some things that look like no-brainer type fixes can actually be the surface manifestations of  much larger issues.  I'm content to wait a bit to see if they continue to address them fully and that they take great community feedback such as that offered by the OP into serious consideration as they do so.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I vote Teala for Funcom president! :D

Why is the Avenue Q song "Schadenfreude" all going thru my mind? hrhr

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Elikal

I vote Teala for Funcom president! :D

Umm...no.  Thare are people out there they can hurt me and they have been very vocal about how they feel about me.  So no and no.

• demo3210demo3210 Member Posts: 112

Woo-hoo!  New visuals on armor???  Are you serious?  Took them long enough....

I've only been wearing THE SAME LOOKING outfit since level 35 and I'm 61 now.  Gone through four different outfits and each of them looked EXACTLY the same.