Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone purchased one of these PC's?

baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

first and foremost, this is not spam....i am not affiliated with this website at all, this is a legitimate question about this website.

http://app.infopia.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/31197/vpid/4900491/vpcsid/0/rid/125016

has anybody ever used this website before? if so were they happy with their purchase? some of these almost seem to good to be true.

I am kind of broke ATM and need to upgrade my ancient rig i am using now, which is about 7 years old and still kicking!

thanks in advance for any help. =]

Comments

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

I personally would suggest avoiding buying that machine.

1. The site doesn't look too safe - personally.

2. Its not a good comp.

If you are broke, you probably have better things to worry about - I know, you don't need me telling you how to live your life, but sometimes it helps hearing this from someone. The comp is horrible by todays standards. Wait a couple of months and your gonna' feel you have to upgrade again. I'd suggest saving, waiting till maybe fall/winter and taking advantage of most of the deals that come. Within 6 months, most of the mid - high end products would have depreciated to attractive prices, and building a comp thats going to last will be cheap.

Hell, you can build a decent comp for about $800.

Give it a thought, see if you can wait. If you can't, come back here and hopefully someone will help you make the right purchase.

Good luck.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Ecranomical
    I personally would suggest avoiding buying that machine.
    1. The site doesn't look too safe - personally.
    2. Its not a good comp.
    If you are broke, you probably have better things to worry about - I know, you don't need me telling you how to live your life, but sometimes it helps hearing this from someone. The comp is horrible by todays standards. Wait a couple of months and your gonna' feel you have to upgrade again. I'd suggest saving, waiting till maybe fall/winter and taking advantage of most of the deals that come. Within 6 months, most of the mid - high end products would have depreciated to attractive prices, and building a comp thats going to last will be cheap.
    Hell, you can build a decent comp for about $800.
    Give it a thought, see if you can wait. If you can't, come back here and hopefully someone will help you make the right purchase.
    Good luck.

the site does look kind of suspicious but i am going to have to disagree that the computer isn't that good, not for that price.

I am not homeless or anything lol i just dont have the money to upgrade right now, i just want to know if this site really is bogus or not.

• weslubowweslubow Member UncommonPosts: 163

Give it a pass. That is not much machine for the money.

The Dell website offers refurbished machines with much better choices. (personally I wouldn't buy a Dell)

You could build your own and it would be much more machine for the same money.

• darkomen999darkomen999 Member Posts: 7

yeah dells are pretty decent machines that you can get for cheap just about anywhere anymore if you dont know how to build your own.  just stay away from compaq computers...i have worked on and had to replace more compaqs then i can count on 4839289403289 fingers.  i would honestly say 3 out of 5 of every compaq i sold would come back with something wrong or dead.