Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard gaining pop?

nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

From the forums and in game, it seems like VG is gaining new/returning lowbie subs.  I wonder if it will bounce back?  This would be the best time ever to release trial island.

Question really is, would you give it another shot now that it's playable?

nethervoid - Est. '97
[UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

Comments

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Notice that Vanguard isn't in the promotion to bring Sony players back.  EQ and EQ2 is, but not Vanguard.

I resubbed and cancelled Vanguard recently.  Nothing there for me.

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

I would reinstall it if they offered at least a 15 day Vet Trial.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• War_DancerWar_Dancer Member Posts: 941

Other: I never gave it a shot the first time and I have no interest in ever gving it a shot at another time.

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

Yeah, it's pretty likely that I will check out VG again sometime soonish. Eventhough VG is nowhere close to what it could be, it still offers unique qualities over the vast majority of bland mmorpg's. It could even be the top fantasy mmorpg out currently. Well, I sure know that AoC is not.

When in doubt, troll.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

When the practice of diverting everyone to Seradon ends, the other three servers fill up and a fifth server is added, I'd say Vanguard has grown.

Of course five servers pale in comparison to the original 13-14 it had; a point that emphasizes just how far Vanguard is removed from any kind of turn around giving how distant it is from it's starting point.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

It seems like the bulk for my 50+ man guild in AoC is former VG and WoW players.  I'd say the majority being former VG players surprisingly.

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Originally posted by sepher
    When the practice of diverting everyone to Seradon ends, the other three servers fill up and a fifth server is added, I'd say Vanguard has grown. Of course five servers pale in comparison to the original 13-14 it had; a point that emphasizes just how far Vanguard is removed from any kind of turn around giving how distant it is from it's starting point.

I could say it's darkest before dawn, but from the looks of it's still midnight for Vanguard.

-- Brede

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Vanguard has more potential than many of the games out there, I just don't think SOE is willing to put the time into the game.  It is a shame really, considering what is being offered nowadays in the MMO genre.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Just like AO, Vanguard will NEVER get respect.. Even if it wins tons of awards one day.. Some people still swear AO is and always was an awful game, yet once it cleaned up won plenty of awards from many publications and game sites.

But I think Vanguard is pretty good, and as far as pop building, I would have to say sure, theres lots of new people giving it a try (not just cynical mmorpg folks), and im sure once the trial island is done and the trial can be played as well as a relaunch then more people will join the game.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Probably gain some more subscribers when they finally get around to the free trial they've been talking about.

• Va-leVa-le Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Vyeth

Just like AO, Vanguard will NEVER get respect.. Even if it wins tons of awards one day.. Some people still swear AO is and always was an awful game, yet once it cleaned up won plenty of awards from many publications and game sites.
    But I think Vanguard is pretty good, and as far as pop building, I would have to say sure, theres lots of new people giving it a try (not just cynical mmorpg folks), and im sure once the trial island is done and the trial can be played as well as a relaunch then more people will join the game.
    Ao turned in to a great game and Vanguard has the potential to be a great game. Some people just get their jollies from being narrow minded.

I'm dismissive hopefully people will think i'm . This sort of mentality. It fails.

• TherapyTherapy Member Posts: 83

Its funny that this thread has just popped up. My brother and I were just talking of giving VG another go around. We both are currently playing AoC and have stopped our EQ,EQ2 and WoW accounts to take a breather from them. AoC is fun but I have already been seeing many many 60+ toon running around and the game isnt even 3 weeks old. I have 2 toons level 40 and a few other that are now 20. I just dunno where this is headed. could it be game over in 1 month? /shrugs

Anyway I would really like to see some more honest VG reviews from peeps playing before i re-install it. Thanx.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

nethervoid - Est. '97

• TherapyTherapy Member Posts: 83

Thanx for linking that review brother. I think i am about to dust off the box and hook it up. God i'm nuuuutz hahahah. Anyway that review was very well written and mature thanx again

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

Thanks for the review:)

I always wanted to play VG but my PC couldn't handle it in the Beta. I will try it if they ever have Free Trials again.

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

I just resubbed and the game is running a lot better. On Seradon, I also find a good population.

Having fun.....and that's about all you can hope for from a game!

Why was this moved to Vanguard: General Discussion?  The point of having it in the Pub was to see if people who didn't look into the Vanguard boards would think about playing it again.  People already reading the Vanguard boards obviously would play the free trial again.  The poll is pretty ruined keeping it in here.

nethervoid - Est. '97

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

I voted other. Not in currently, but I would resub in a second if I had more time to play. Just can't justify playing $15 monthly for only a couple of hours here and there, especially when my wife is 16 weeks pregnant. But when I have more time and money to spend, I will be back in full force. I want to raid APW with my 45 lvl Wood Elf Ranger and want get the flying mount quest, and take to the air, and then some. Hopefully I'll see most of you sooner than later, tho I play on the sartok server, that's right someone got to support that pvp server.

• sma00711sma00711 Member UncommonPosts: 11

I re-subbed right after GU4 but before AOC came out cuz I heard the update helped with performance a lot. I stopped playing for the two weeks I tried out AOC, got to 30 and then uninstalled that 26 gig mess of a game. AOC was fun for a while, but its not done, and the polish isn't there yet.

I've since jumped back into Vanguard with the new GU5 update, all the mounts, and the improved hitching update. I play on a pretty ancient system, but I've uploaded two little videos to YouTube showing some combat and other little things with my Gnome, Cleric newbie.

The game runs great and world is massive and very fun to explore.

After GU4 Update:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9izey_YLaWM

After GU5 Update:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqpdt-W_R_w

Be sure to watch them in "High Quality"

The second video, After GU5 was meant to show the combat and fluidity this game now has. The movement while mid-casting is still one of the best features I've seen for casting classes in any MMO out there. Allows you to direct an aggroed mob better, and plan your attack.

• KhillaKhilla Member Posts: 179

Great video examples of the playability of Vanguard. Touches on many basic aspects of the game. 

What did you use to record that video?? I would love to make a video of some raid mobs to show an all out battle of men and monster!!

Good luck and Peace!!

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

It's good to hear these good reviews.  I reinstalled the game on my computer last night, but I'm still debating on whether to play again.  I'm playing AoC atm, but I won't be for long.  AoC has given me an appreciation of everything VG has to offer.

• sma00711sma00711 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Originally posted by Khilla

Great video examples of the playability of Vanguard. Touches on many basic aspects of the game. 

What did you use to record that video?? I would love to make a video of some raid mobs to show an all out battle of men and monster!!

Good luck and Peace!!

Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for. I would love to see some videos of higher level dungeon crawls, and fights.

I used FRAPS to record it. You can download a demo of it here: http://www.fraps.com/

Originally posted by JT

It's good to hear these good reviews.  I reinstalled the game on my computer last night, but I'm still debating on whether to play again.  I'm playing AoC atm, but I won't be for long.  AoC has given me an appreciation of everything VG has to offer.

There's a gigantic buddy key give away being done by one very generous player who went out and picked up TEN collector's editions just for the buddy keys.  =D  The thread is in this general forum...links back to this guy's original post on the VG boards.

nethervoid - Est. '97

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

The game is undoubtably gaining a lot of new players and is increasing in population.  On flip side though, there are some veterans taking a break until more content becomes available. 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

lol all those wan a be wow forget one thing.wow can turn around and add ton of change,and they got the green to do it unlike most other and lets face it beside maybe a music change and maybe story line from the past like when the orc invaded our world (azeroth);ya i read the book and lot of stuff i dont see in wow pre-date to the game wow but could easily be added for ton of fun one

ps one suggestion i got for game maker no more pve quest system been there too many time or at least not full pve-quest ,hell its online game cant you give us quest but involving pvp it would be slower but way more fun .lets see how about wow style but instead of killing pve toon you kill real pvp guys to get the item you want like that blue armor or quest item ,

HELL YA NOW THATS WORTH QUESTING    (PVP-QUESTING)