Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to Elderscroll Online... (aka AoC)

First I like to declare I am using a 8800gt, is not the best, but it is not the worst graphics card, so any complains I relate to has nothing to do with my computer.

I have no idea why people support this game, the graphics engine (*I meant graphics and design, not the engine*) is completely outdated, and it is so outdated it reminded me of single player elderscroll a few years back. It would have been good a many years ago (when it should've released), but now is completely terrible. It said there are varieties in character design, the variety of ugliness is the only thing I see, and every character I made is ugly as hell. The advance tool has only limited adjustment, it doesnt make much different to the base face. 

You may ask why I am complaining. I have played with the same guild from everquest 1 to daoc to world of warcraft and they've decided to move onto age of conan. I brought this game expecting it to be the next big thing, only to realize it is the next big pile of c***. I personally have also played Final Fantasy 11, hellgate, lineage 2, cabal, sword of the new world, diablo 2 and requiem, so I know what to expect from a mmo.

My maps are blank when I am in several places. The graphics and style are from the 1990's. I keep getting stuck if I tried to jump off edges. When ever you encounter a edge of terran you character cannot move. There is no fluidity. When I play a melee I am often restricted to standing still, if I move while performing a combo it breaks. This is old school.

The elderscroll graphics, the elderscroll movement, (I know elderscroll series well because I love the game at the time, but that was a couple of years ago and only for offline gaming) and dare I say morrowind (*I meant Oblivion*)of elderscroll looked better then this game with several player made mods. These days games need fluidity in combat, guildwars and world of warcraft has fastest movement in pvp. Maybe even requiem if it wasn’t all the bugs. What shocked me the most is the scene with the falling meteoroids, the marks they made are just someone copy and paste a few star shapes. Is this game finished? And also the zoning, why is there so many zoning? You need to zone to go into a building, zone to travel, zone to go into an instance, when you exit game you don’t end up at the character screen. Well, zoning to go into instance is ok, but zone to get into a building is not acceptable these days... This is another elderscroll feature... I swear this game is like elderscroll put online.

Can you imagine world of warcraft having to zone every building you go into. Oh look here is Ironforge I need to go into the bank, I need to zone there... zone out of the bank to ironforge then zone into the auctionhouse and realise you took the wrong item so zone back and redo everything again to get an item.

I am sorry to say this game is absolutely terrible, there are other bugs and nags I encountered. I am still trying to make the most of it, as the guild is starting to make their own towers and I feel I should stick with them. I want to like this game, but is hard, because in the back of my head I personally hate this game to bits, I feel like it is a waste of time to play. This game is worst then the free to play games I've played and doesn't offer anything that matches the value I expect from a pay to play game.

If you want to play Elderscoll online, this is it, just don’t expect an upgrade from last years graphics. If you want to play the next big thing, keep waiting and stick to your other game accounts. 

Edits are in brackets (*Edits*)

Comments

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Hey a troll made a new account so he could pretend he wasn't spewing the same nonsense over and over.

Morrowind;

forums.filefront.com/attachments/elder-scrolls-general-discussion/41338d1131073073-morrowind-screenshots-morrowind-2005-11-02-11-15-22-81.jpg

Age of Conan;

community.ageofconan.com/conan/frontend/files/CONTENT/ageofconan_gdc_7.jpg

Practice makes perfect, clearly your new at the whole 'troll' thing. ;)

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Fion

Hey a troll made a new account so he could pretend he wasn't spewing the same nonsense over and over.

Morrowind;
    forums.filefront.com/attachments/elder-scrolls-general-discussion/41338d1131073073-morrowind-screenshots-morrowind-2005-11-02-11-15-22-81.jpg

Age of Conan;

Kind of makes you wonder, why people do it?  Make a new account and then bash a game, and then you dont see them again or post under anything else. Such is the beast called competetive marketing.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

I stopped reading the OP's post when he said that the graphics engine was outdated, when he does not even have the hardware to run it properly!

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Oblivion vs AoC?

Oblivion wins easy.

• MordriaMordria Member Posts: 556

Originally posted by Wakygreek

Morrowind;

Age of Conan;

Kind of makes you wonder, why people do it?  Make a new account and then bash a game, and then you dont see them again or post under anything else. Such is the beast called competetive marketing.

If that's true it's pretty sad and pathetic.  After reading all the rubbish from morons in these threads I wouldn't put it past them though. It's like War of the Nerds LoL

• fl3wkfl3wk Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by VultureSkull

I stopped reading the OP's post when he said that the graphics engine was outdated, when he does not even have the hardware to run it properly!

I thought the 8**** of cards were only a year old? So to even wish to run AOC properly you need at least the LATEST card avaliable? Sorry but if that is so only a minority will buy and play this game. I love to spend money on new hardware but even I only have a 7900GS card in my desktop. I currently use a Macbook Pro which I would never use for a game as it was never intended to run that crap.

• ReSublimityReSublimity Member Posts: 40

Yes, I am new to this "troll" thing you mention, I don't even know what you are trying to say. I am writing to express what I want to say.

And what I want to say is this game has no design value. Even the photo that was posted, sure the detail is higher, but the design content is awful. The characters are ugly as hell. When I walk into the world of conan, the entire world is full of freaks.

And you know what, I wanted to log into the game to take some pictures, but right at this moment I cannot log onto the game, because after the latest patch, my client is just running on a loop.

But I am shock about how fast people reply on this forum and find photos...  I posted this message 5mins ago and I tried to log on game, when I couldn't log on I came back to check and I already see people trying to discredit my message as something related to "troll".

Sure the water rendering engine looks nice with reflections, but having good effects does not mean good design. Just because the game has better rendering engine and use higher tech, it did not cover the fact that they are bad designers.

I will try to post pictures late, when I can actually enter the game...

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Originally posted by ReSublimity

First I like to declare I am using a 8800gt, is not the best, but it is not the worst graphics card, so any complains I relate to has nothing to do with my computer.
    I have no idea why people support this game, the graphics engine is completely outdated, and it is so outdated it reminded me of single player elderscroll a few years back. It would have been good a many years ago (when it should've released), but now is completely terrible. It said there are varieties in character design, the variety of ugliness is the only thing I see, and every character I made is ugly as hell. The advance tool has only limited adjustment, it doesnt make much different to the base face. 
    You may ask why I am complaining. I have played with the same guild from everquest 1 to daoc to world of warcraft and they've decided to move onto age of conan. I brought this game expecting it to be the next big thing, only to realize it is the next big pile of c***. I personally have also played Final Fantasy 11, hellgate, lineage 2, cabal, sword of the new world, diablo 2 and requiem, so I know what to expect from a mmo.
    My maps are blank when I am in several places. The graphics and style are from the 1990's. I keep getting stuck if I tried to jump off edges. When ever you encounter a edge of terran you character cannot move. There is no fluidity. When I play a melee I am often restricted to standing still, if I move while performing a combo it breaks. This is old school.
    The elderscroll graphics, the elderscroll movement, (I know elderscroll series well because I love the game at the time, but that was a couple of years ago and only for offline gaming) and dare I say morrowind of elderscroll looked better then this game with several player made mods. These days games need fluidity in combat, guildwars and world of warcraft has fastest movement in pvp. Maybe even requiem if it wasn’t all the bugs. What shocked me the most is the scene with the falling meteoroids, the marks they made are just someone copy and paste a few star shapes. Is this game finished? And also the zoning, why is there so many zoning? You need to zone to go into a building, zone to travel, zone to go into an instance, when you exit game you don’t end up at the character screen. Well, zoning to go into instance is ok, but zone to get into a building is not acceptable these days... This is another elderscroll feature... I swear this game is like elderscroll put online.
    Can you imagine world of warcraft having to zone every building you go into. Oh look here is Ironforge I need to go into the bank, I need to zone there... zone out of the bank to ironforge then zone into the auctionhouse and realise you took the wrong item so zone back and redo everything again to get an item.
    I am sorry to say this game is absolutely terrible, there are other bugs and nags I encountered. I am still trying to make the most of it, as the guild is starting to make their own towers and I feel I should stick with them. I want to like this game, but is hard, because in the back of my head I personally hate this game to bits, I feel like it is a waste of time to play. This game is worst then the free to play games I've played and doesn't offer anything that matches the value I expect from a pay to play game.
    If you want to play Elderscoll online, this is it, just don’t expect an upgrade from last years graphics. If you want to play the next big thing, keep waiting and stick to your other game accounts. 
    Haha! a first! Troll complaining about the GRAPHICS... out of all the other stuff you could have complained and cried about, you chose the graphics.

You start with 0 (ZERO) credibility, GJ!

Yea I can see you're new at trolling.

• MordriaMordria Member Posts: 556

Yes, I am new to this "troll" thing you mention, I don't even know what you are trying to say. I am writing to express what I want to say.
    And what I want to say is this game has no design value. Even the photo that was posted, sure the detail is higher, but the design content is awful. The characters are ugly as hell. When I walk into the world of conan, the entire world is full of freaks.
    And you know what, I wanted to log into the game to take some pictures, but right at this moment I cannot log onto the game, because after the latest patch, my client is just running on a loop.
    But I am shock about how fast people reply on this forum and find photos...  I posted this message 5mins ago and I tried to log on game, when I couldn't log on I came back to check and I already see people trying to discredit my message as something related to "troll".
    Sure the water rendering engine looks nice with reflections, but having good effects does not mean good design. Just because the game has better rendering engine and use higher tech, it did not cover the fact that they are bad designers.
    Just give it up and stop trolling. You're making youself look more and more foolish.

Ok, I word that wrong, what I meant was the graphics and design is outdated. Because the entire game looked terrible, I just assumed the entire thing looked outdate. And as I said before, I am running on a 8800gt. It is a above average graphics card.

• PraxusPraxus Member Posts: 266

Wow someone actually complaining about the graphics quality? LOL

You realize its the one thing that just about everyone likes, even the complainers?

• Originally posted by Arskaaa

Oblivion vs AoC?
    Oblivion wins easy.

I really enjoyed Oblivion. Elderscroll 4 was like a MMORPG, just off-line.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Look man, just let them be and save your breath.

Some people simply cant see past polygon counts and features list on the box.

Sigh, I wish I could be like that...

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

I think he is referring to the way things "look," not the quality of the graphics...at least I hope that is what he is saying, because the graphics in AOC are pretty sweet imo. I personally don't like the way the avatars look at all, but have no complaints about the graphics. I havent really played enough to comment beyond that.

Originally posted by murphys123

I think he is referring to the way things "look," not the quality of the graphics...at least I hope that is what he is saying, because the graphics in AOC are pretty sweet imo. I personally don't like the way the avatars look at all, but have no complaints about the graphics. I havent really played enough to comment beyond that.

Yes I meant the look... sure the engine is higher tech, but a business major drawing on photoshop doesn't make them a designer.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by fl3wk

I thought the 8**** of cards were only a year old? So to even wish to run AOC properly you need at least the LATEST card avaliable? Sorry but if that is so only a minority will buy and play this game. I love to spend money on new hardware but even I only have a 7900GS card in my desktop. I currently use a Macbook Pro which I would never use for a game as it was never intended to run that crap.

on the box it dose say it will run on 6600 ive got 8800 1 gig im still haveing  probs not all card and pc are working as well as they should

• mk11232mk11232 Member Posts: 217

Though the thought of an Elder Scrolls MMO does greatly intrigue me (morrowind/bloodmoon, etc NOT Oblivion) and I would love to see that developed.

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

hell, I think the game looks great on my x1300pro!  with an 8600GTS it looks down right beautiful.  Yah, some of the faces for avatars are bad, but you go get punched in the face a couple times with a shield and see now nice you look ;)

But seriously, I simply do not see what the OP is saying.  But like most graphics, it is taste and subjective.  Personally, I hate WoW graphics (and the game play too, so it gets two strikes already), but I liked EQ2 (until they began a movement towards WoW game play) but the graphics (IMO) were good, though many hated them.

Again, a matter of taste.

That being said, I think AoC has the best looking graphics in any MMO currently released.  Does it have it's problems?  sure.  Are there things I would love to see changed or having never happened?  sure.  Does that mean I'm going to cancel tomorrow?  Hell no.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I came back to check and I already see people trying to discredit my message as something related to "troll".

Thats what you should expect when you post obviously bogus shit like your OP.

This games graphic designers and lead artists run circles around almost everyone else in the MMOG industry and it's rather obvious.

• tapeworm00tapeworm00 Member Posts: 549

haha he keeps correcting himself parting from very different points of view about his post... "yes, I meant that, obviously."

• DouhkDouhk Member Posts: 1,019

To the OP: If you were trying to discredit the game...  this entire thread does the complete opposite. Now I feel even better about all these hate threads... everyone is running out of malicious info to spread... now people are complaining about the GRAPHICS?? The game has a huge arsenal of mistakes and you choose to troll the game on easily one of the best aspects of this game?

No MMORPG out yet has graphics as detailed as this. Then you try to say the "design" was horrible. It's called a realistic approach. It's design is almost symmetrical in concept as the Elder Scroll games, which really isn't too horrible at all. The graphics are upped a great notch from it, though. The only difference is the lack of different races when it comes to their design.

image If only SW:TOR could be this epic...

• GurtelroseGurtelrose Member Posts: 191

can't believe I bought into the hype, $50 down the freaking drain. I guess next time I will listen when people say "It's Funcom, you'll regret it"

I will wait for Darkfall but I think that's just as plausible as waiting on an Elder Scrolls MMO.

Spoils of War - The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.

• jzuskajzuska Member Posts: 418

Originally posted by Gurtelrose

can't believe I bought into the hype, $50 down the freaking drain. I guess next time I will listen when people say "It's Funcom, you'll regret it"

Yeah, I really should have learned from POTBS beta and the AOC beta.... but *sigh* the money is spent.

• TheSheikhTheSheikh Member Posts: 804

Morrowind;

Age of Conan;

Umm, why compare AoC to a Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III) screenshot?

Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV) was the last game Bethesda Softworks created.

STOP WHINING!

• VandragoVandrago Member UncommonPosts: 230

Those Oblivion screens look sweet, and their not 3 megs either.. LOL