Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alqaeda using Fallout pics

billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

An intel group via the Daily Telegraph is claiming that an Al-Qaeda (the base, ??????? ) website is using Fallout 3 art as a visual aid to what it wants to turn Washington into.

According to private contractor The SITE Intelligence Group--itself based in Bethesda, Maryland--"extremists posted the (Fallout 3) image to a password-protected forum affiliated with al-Qaeda. ... This information was part of a report describing the general atmosphere in this forum with regard to extremists' discussions on weapons of mass destruction (WMD,) making it's context all the more important."
The SITE Intelligence Group, which bills itself as a "leading provider of intelligence and analysis to governments, organizations, and institutions across the world" made the claim as part of a public refutation of an article appearing in the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph. That piece claimed that SITE was "embarrassed" and "red-faced" because their report asserted terrorists, not Bethesda, had created the image. The article has since been removed from the The Daily Telegraph's Web site.

link

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Psh,  Cmon they live in Maryland and they can't make an accurate portrayal of Washington DC.  Sure they got the Smithsonian to the Washington Memorial right, but then... Since when was D.C. in Kansas?  Its land mass is surrounded by the Potomac, and the distance is almost pure forest with the Blue-Ridge Mountains in the background.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

GWB, my man! doing whats best for the country, the world, your children, in regards to terrorists and al queda.

he made that organization into swiss cheese. them suicidal fruitbombs can't call their mommies without a bunker buster falling on their huts.

allah praises GWB.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

Originally posted by xxvicexx

AKA what happens if Obama is elected.
    I was tempted not to respond to this because I know it is a joke. 

The sad thing is that if we are attacked during an Obama presidency, a bunch of fools will say, "see! If only Bush were president!."

It does not matter if the president is Bill Clinton, Hillary, George Bush Senior, George Bush Junior, or another relative of the Bush and Clinton dynasties, they will try to attack us.

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

regardless of president, america has always meddled with other countries, some turned out good some turned out bad... and for now some turned out bad seems to be prevailing

i~ku~ra

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Im sure terrorist used the old box art of Command & Conquer 2 as an example of what they should do to put the USA in fear....

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Alqueda gonna get sued or what ?

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Well it's good that the artwork comes to some use except just looking on it... But isn't the whole idea quite ridiculous and unnecessary? Why can't they let the terrorists use their own fantasy - is it really necessary to use pictures to show them how something as easily imaginable as this would look? Oh well I still find the whole thing pathetic rather than anything else.