Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AC Returners

Flipsyde10Flipsyde10 Member Posts: 62

You know, after reading all these threads full of nostalgia and longing for all the cool stuff AC brought us back in the day, I was thinking...why don't we just band together and start up a new monarchy is a predetermined server?  There have to be at least 15-20 posters here that long for a new version of the game, which according to a recent thread may be soon a reality.

What if a few of us just downloaded the trial, started brand new characters in one of the more populated servers, and leveled up together as a monarchy of returning newbs?  There would be no use of bots for buffs or items.  There would be only us relying on each other for buffs and items found on drops or in stores and such.  We could run the old school quests if we felt like it...Hamud's Katar, Atlan weaps, SOCS, focusing stone, etc.  or just sit around in town and talk like the olden days.  I'd be willing to head into the luggie citadels or OHN and take on 20 mobs at a time, all the while collecting some random loot that may benefit me or some friends.

Granted, it would take a good number of us to make it more fun, but even if 4-6 people joined up it might still be a nostalgic trip, even if we just went for 14 days.  I'm a vet of the PVE servers, and just dabbled in DT really...but I think it would kinda suck to try a new char in DT against the lvl 789 people there.  Just my thoughts.

I, like many, have tried damn near every mmorpg out there and miss AC.  I find myself checking these forums pretty regularly, and have decided that it might be fun to try it out again.  More fun if more people tried with me. 

Who thinks this might be worth trying?  Hell, it's free.

EDIT:

Names of those returning noobs on Frostfell.  I was adding people's names on this post, but the list has gotten too large.  Just visit asheronslegacy.com, our website if you want a full list of the names.

Comments

• 7earitup7earitup Member Posts: 48

I used to play way back when it was launched. I never got too too high in the game, but it is probably the best MMO I have played to date. I would be willing to join up for a little fun possibly.

• mastaofmurdamastaofmurda Member Posts: 55

id be interested. We could pretend like it was old days.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

I actually just resubbed, to check the game out for a month so you can count me in.

• Flipsyde10Flipsyde10 Member Posts: 62

Next step, we need to choose a server, make characters, then put our names here so we can find each other.

Like I said, we could do it all the old fashioned way and earn all our stuff.  I remember buying my first full suit of yoroi armor (the plain old vendor stuff) in Hebien-to lol.

And this really should be a laid back thing...if you wanna quit after the trial, then do so.  Or if you want to resub, keep on.

We definately need to camp the mossie fort for old times sake.

• 7earitup7earitup Member Posts: 48

Well, tell me what server and we will give this a go. What times do you guys usually play?

I have no idea what server is most populated, but we should go there.  Anyone have any idea?

I will be playing kinda off and on...just got married so my gaming time isn't what it used to be 9 years ago.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

I just have one request from you all returning for the trial. Could you post some screenshots and your opinion of the game?

I loved the game back in the day. Would enjoy some fresh screenshots.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

I say we go all out and form a noob alliance on Darktide :P

I actually have never really played a mage or archer in AC so I think I might go the mage route.

• WrymstrumWrymstrum Member Posts: 196

I'm game for this.  Playing Age of Conan now though, so i'll probably wait until my free month of it is up.

If we're going to all play together a lot, I might try a pure tank build.  An axer with lots put into defenses and no magic. 

~~~ Currently Playing ~~~
    LOTRO- Guardian Wrymstrum & Lore-master Stabler on Nimrodel.

Conan- Zoltar <Angels of Death> Guardian on Stormrage.

ive played mage and archer but never had a high level for either.

my highest lvl mage was prob in the 30s and archer in the 20s haha.

stocking arrows stinks. 

so what server should we play on?

i think we should also have a medium to talk to each other live and coordinate sessions... maybe the mmoprg.com live chat.

So I went ahead and made a UA guy (loved them back in the day) on Frostfell named Nimbex.  I read somewhere that FF was the most populated at the time.  I'm getting alot of disconnects to the servers though...it's really annoying.  Not quite sure what's going on.

I'll be getting ready for my wedding and going off for a honeymoon soon, but I will probably be off and on.  On moreso when I get back I'm sure.

Originally posted by mastaofmurda
    i think we should also have a medium to talk to each other live and coordinate sessions... maybe the mmoprg.com live chat.

Maybe AIM or Windows Messenger

• koran49koran49 Member Posts: 2

You guys can count me in for frostfell, I just need to set up the trial...

Rock on.  I'm on my honeymoon now, but I'll try to install on my wife's computer.  FF it is.  I think you can probably message me your game name and I'll make a post with all the names to add to the friend's list.  I know I'm the original poster, but I'm going to stay pretty busy like alot of folks I'm sure.  I don't really want to be a monarch...so anyone want to be the king?

yea, it'll be just a bit before i'm ready to join up.  Still playing my free month of age of conan, and got lots of RL stuff going on like going to some jerk's wedding  :)

I have a old lvl 42 char I made back in 99-2000 time frame on frostfell,   but I'm all for trying a new template and leveling up since its pretty easy now.

• GhakanGhakan Member Posts: 71

This is a great idea for you guys.  I played AC for four years with a 126 (132) and a 102 back before the level cap was raised, and I still consider this the best MMO experience I've had.  I've always been looking to recapture this feeling, which hopefully I'll do at some point. 

That said, I tried playing AC again last year, and I must say that it was very hard to completely enjoy everything.  I won't really go into detail because I don't want to ruin this experience for you guys before you get started, but just understand that expectations for MMO's have risen drastically and AC hasn't changed to follow suit.  I wish you the best of luck with this, and I really hope you enjoy yourselves, but keep an open mind.

I will say this;  Going back and revisiting some of the old haunts like Fort Teth, Hebian-to (favorite town), Aerlinthe, Lugian Citadel, and all sorts of other landmarks was a blast.  My main playing buddy was actually still playing at the time and he really helped me out a lot getting a new character started and within a month I'd gotten to 80.  With very casual play, level 40-50 in one month should be no problem at all.

Good luck, and let us all know how it turns out.

http://mmoreinsight.wordpress.com -- A Glimpse Into The World of Massively Multiplayer Games.

I think the antiquated control scheme is the biggest thing holding AC back.  I can deal with crappy graphics.

Flipsyde, in your original post you should go back and edit in a list of names of those that are interested along with their character's names.  Also I read that there's a referral system that can give a free month to the person that refers you.  So we should just setup a chain.  I think Odysseus resubbed already, so the next person can use his referral and get him a free month, then that person will refer the third player and so on. 

I'm all about setting up a group here if people want to send me their in game name or names.  You can just post here if you want, or send me a private message through here.  Or email me, I don't mind:   [email protected]

I'm sure there are already people up and running in game...we just need to get some names so we can get people together.  I personally liked Hebien-to the most...so when I finally get to play, you'll likely find me around there...probably camping the mossie fort

This thing will be pretty laid back, for all those that are worried.  I say people can come and go as they please, hunt wherever with whoever they want, join another monarchy later on...doesn't matter.  All in the name of noobhood fun.  The game is fun in itself, but get a group of returner noobs together, and the game is on a whole new level.

I went to the official AC forums and posted a small thread about our fun little returner project here.

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?p=407027#post407027

• MobidoyMobidoy Member Posts: 26

Count me in, i got back to the game about 2 months ago, having a blast... but decide to go the old style recently :)

So, i will create a mage on FF, if you still need, i can be the monarch, i can also look up to create a website and put up a forum for us.

You can contact me IG as Kat Max, if any of you were playing on Leafcull, i was Sonshy Kong.

Gateway FX-P 7901, Intel core 2 Quad Q9000, 4Gb DDR3 1066 MHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M 1Gb GDDR3, 17" WXGA+ 1440 x 900

My Axer is up and running on Frostfell. 

Zoltizzle

spec:  Axe/Melee D/Magic D

trained: healing

Sounds fine with me Mobid.  I'll sign up at least.  I'll make a post with the names here and keep it updated.  Not many responses yet...just us 3 for names.

On server Frostfell, I'm going to actually add the names of returners to the first post as Wrymstrum suggested.  Check out the opening post for names to add to your friend's list.

alright, who should i put as referrer when i sign up?