Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly, its time for a classic server.

GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

I still don't understand why UO doesnt have servers pre-trammel.  I'd love to show the rest of these MMO's what PVP is really like in an open and free world. 

Comments

• KaltesHerzKaltesHerz Member Posts: 237

So you can go back to corpse camping, or gate camping (WTF ever terminology was used then to camp gates and kill people as they zapped in)?

Trammel was made for a reason, because the community could not, or would not police itself. If the pvp'rs were so loud and proud then why didn't they stay in Fellu and pvp? If there were so many hard core pvp'rs then Fellu would've stayed active, but it didn't.

Anyway, neither here nor there now. The game is so old and decrepit I can't even get it to run on my new system with about 100 times more processing power than the system I originally played it on 8 years ago.

It's like SWG in many respects, there are just enough people to keep it going, but not enough to do anything other than drag out it's inevitable and unfortunate demise.

It WAS a good game.

Want a taste of religion? Lick a witch.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

heh? go back to gate and corpse camping?  Never did that , just liked the fact it could be done.  Didnt like it at first but after I learned to adapt, I found it very exciting trying to avoid those situations. 

Example,  I used to get pked while mining alot by this one guy.  One day we spoke and made a deal so he wouldnt kill my miner.  Infact he would kill other miners and give me their ore to make ingots lol.  We had a good business going. 

Its things like that they made the game special.  It was never as bad as people say or thought.  I did some pvp, cxrafting etc.  Never to the extreme and had no issues.

If I lost my gear or loot, no big deal because it was all player crafted, very affordable and easy to obtain.  Never a huge issue just lost some time re-equpping.   Didnt take long to make gold to keep my PVP going.

• I wouldn't mind a t2a ruleset server. Maybe even early UO:R, though I couldn't stand once they released blackthorns revenge etc.... The publishes where they introduced runics and animal limits etc.. man the game went to crap.

I miss my SWG and UO so much. Why do they always destroy the games you love.

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344

Just let it die man, Just let it die.

I've come to the conclusion that EA is only using uo for Money.  They know its going to tank sooner then later so why not get every penny out of it while you can.  UO has its few players, but like now, one person will get bored and jump ship, then another will follow and so on...  Its only a matter of time.

I use to serf the startics boards every day since 2002ish, but i know find myself only looking maybe once a month, if that.  It was fun while it lasted, now lets get Darkfall OUT already!!  :)

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100

I really don't think gate or corpse camping ever got out of hand pre-trammel. Sure it would happen now and then, but because EVERYONE was on the same field you would find that people team up and take any campers out. One dies, then they bring their guild, then you get guild wars...

Fel was a safer place pre-trammel. Its more dangerous now because of the types that WANT to be there. To me it sounds like you are basing your opinion of Fel on post-trammel gameplay. Unfortunately now the casuals that used to enjoy the excitement, but don't want carebear treatment have unsubscribed and gone on to other things.

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

As much as I loved UO, there is a time we all just need to move on.

Ultima Online is pretty close to it's last breath.  There will never be a classic server, just like there has not been for 6+ years now and just like it has been stated over and over.  Ultima Online has been what it is now longer than it was back in the day.

If you want a classic server I'm afraid the only place to go is a free shard, but we all know there is favoritism and corruption in those....at least the ones I've tried.

I will always have my UO memories and that's all they should be now.  Hopefully this helps you and just go out and try some other games.  Age of Conan has that similar feel that UO had, with the FFA pvp and all.  Sure it's not like how UO used to be, but the closest any game has come so far.

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

Go here and submit  feedback on it ,  We need more non UO players to ask for it.

http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225
    Originally posted by uoplayer123

Go here and submit  feedback on it ,  We need more non UO players to ask for it.

http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

" Bringing back in old players: Yes, they are looking at marketing for this purpose ,Size big enough that they are talking about new hardware to support ,There will be areas in SA reds can go (applause). More detail in the future... PvP content mentioned"

Those are recent quotes from townhall meeting this weekend..

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=98896

• Kruniac2Kruniac2 Member Posts: 35

Join a "player-ran shard". They're free, and range from PRE-T2A, Pre-R, Pre-Whatever, or current.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I don't see why they won't do a classic server. EQ has progression servers and DAOC has classic servers. I think they are scared that people will transfer to it and want the devs to work on that one instead of the carebear servers.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

In honesty might be a little late for that. DarkFall releases this year..... Thats the main reason I havent started back playing UO.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Yeah I miss it too.

I love all the camping, house looting etc.  It made you learn and adapt and be cautious and form alliances with people.

I remember killing this Asian in Destard and camping his corpse with my guild, after about 20 minutes, a gate opened up and literally 20 of his guildies came through and wiped us out.

Good f**king times.

And SWG too, even with all the bugs and crap,  I lured this Jedi out saying I had a crystal for him and had about 15 people in hiding waiting to gank his ass, and we wiped, lol.

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

You can't go back.  The original UO was a very particular game in some very particular circumsances.  You had non consensual PvP in a game where 80% of the population were not interested in PvP.  They were prey to be abused. 

Today people can choose what they want, you will never have a bunch of people stuck on a PvP server when they don't want to be there.  And probably a server with the original ruleset and a complete population of active PvPers, would be a lot less fun than people imagine. 

Plus like someone else mentioned, UO is a game on life support, its surviving but they won't do anything that will take extra support or development.

• Magus333Magus333 Member Posts: 9

Will if they did that it would mean EA has some sense. Sooo in other words it WONT happen unfortunatly.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Read the Ultima Online Second Age Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Online:_The_Second_Age

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by GungaDin

I still don't understand why UO doesnt have servers pre-trammel.  I'd love to show the rest of these MMO's what PVP is really like in an open and free world. 

UO does have two servers that are open PvP, n all, but nobody wants to play them. Those servers are always empty, even moreso than the regular servers. Why constantly demand they need the PvP servers, when they are there n nobody bothers with em? Obviously ya wanna keep talkin about it but are not willing to actually play em. For the amount of ppl here that complain about wanting PvP servers, you could populate the current PvP servers easily...but I guess it is easier to complain than to play eh?

Originally posted by talismen351

UO does have two servers that are open PvP, n all, but nobody wants to play them. Those servers are always empty, even moreso than the regular servers. Why constantly demand they need the PvP servers, when they are there n nobody bothers with em? Obviously ya wanna keep talkin about it but are not willing to actually play em. For the amount of ppl here that complain about wanting PvP servers, you could populate the current PvP servers easily...but I guess it is easier to complain than to play eh?

If you dont know the difference between a pre-trammel shard and a "PVP" shard of today, then you shouldn't really be posting about this topic.

a PRE-Trammel shard is a place where we wouldn't have to deal with Ninjas, Power Scrolls, Fancy neon armor, Trammel, riding polar bears. ect. ect. ect.    If I go to play on the "PVP" shard now, i'll be getting everything thats in trammel, just placed in fell which isn't what they want.  Give these players a shard where GM armor means something, where you dont have to constantly PVE to get items, and PvP is much closely balanced then it is now, and i'll bet you'll see many more people returning.  Until then, we'll just keep talking about it.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by Focker

If you dont know the difference between a pre-trammel shard and a "PVP" shard of today, then you shouldn't really be posting about this topic.

a PRE-Trammel shard is a place where we wouldn't have to deal with Ninjas, Power Scrolls, Fancy neon armor, Trammel, riding polar bears. ect. ect. ect.    If I go to play on the "PVP" shard now, i'll be getting everything thats in trammel, just placed in fell which isn't what they want.  Give these players a shard where GM armor means something, where you dont have to constantly PVE to get items, and PvP is much closely balanced then it is now, and i'll bet you'll see many more people returning.  Until then, we'll just keep talking about it.

Actually do you even know the difference? Tram was no different then Fel, except for the no pvp part. It was AoS that introduced all the other crap.  So you can just as easily say you want pre-AoS servers.

Actually do you even know the difference? Tram was no different then Fel, except for the no pvp part. It was AoS that introduced all the other crap.  So you can just as easily say you want pre-AoS servers.

Tram was no different than Fel?  The except for no open PVP is a huge exception.  Thats what defined the game.  But you are right, Pre-Aos would also be needed in a classic server. 

Basically u need a 1997-1998 server rule set with only Felucca available and GM items / Ruin - Vanq Weapons Etc. as the main gear. 

Ah well, we can always dream :)

Im sorry, but who is honestly asking for a PvP shard with the current gameing system?  All the posts I see are about anything before AOS. 

Seriously, who would be thinking open PVP with the current content?

• AllTheZiosAllTheZios Member Posts: 54

Its called free shards. All the Pre-Trammel carnage you could ever want, with a decent playerbase. We can't post info about free shards, but just google it or something.

As populated as OSI (EA ) ? No. An alternative to dreaming about the glory days? Yes.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

AOS and before a little bit more P16 with the introduction of 120 Power scrolls changed the game a lot more than the Trammel/Felucca split.

It went from skillbased to itembased with AOS.

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

It's a sad state of affairs when we are asking for a game to roll back to it's state from '97 to play some PVP in an MMO......

Yes it is :(