Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

observations @ lvl 68

TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

this is not some guide on how to play 9dragons, for that check this guide @ http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/235/view/forums/thread/104275/page/1

so heres my little review:

i played on till 68 before i got sick of the endless grind with no new content at all when u advance, there is a partyquest at around lvl 80 but i couldnt bear playing on till that

graphics: decent, no graphical bugs and nice animations. However the number of animations is small and theres nothing new coming out.

sound: at first its nice and refreshing, however in every map its about the same and u will get tired of it, i played with mp3 on all the time. much better :)

gameplay: easy, no steep leaningcurve and its just basically clicking a lot of special attacks which u need to lvl up endlessy. After lvl 50 u will have had all the attacks (as a warrior) so u need to keep using the lvl 50 attack forever (at least till new techniques come out, which takes forever) The game currently has a lvl cap of Golden Lotus 4, that is lvl 136.

content: in the start of the game u will have plenty of quests/new attacks/ new areas and mobs to discover.. however at a certain lvl the content simply vanishes. I dont dislike grinding BUT there has to be enough content to keep me happy, sadly the game fails at that. The American version of 9dragons is incomplete and is about 2 years behind on the vietnamese/korean versions.

stability: the game has very poor memory management... after a few hours most people WILL need to reboot cause their game starts to crash cause the memory cant handle the game anymore, ppl with 2+ gig of ram have complained about this and i never had this problem with much heavier games like UT3 or CnC 3 with 100s of units fighting. Random disconnecting from the server also happens, not as much as the crashing.. but its still annoying. 9dragons has 3 servers, a USA, USA-PK, and a EU server. However the European server is located in the States (lol?). They said the EU server will be moved to Europe but so far nothing has been done.

f2p?: the game uses a item mall where most items dont really give advantage over users who dont use the item mall. However there is one item (actually its some sort of 3 month sub) that costs roughly 40 euros and give a BIG advantage for the ppl that use it, i havent really been annoyed by it since almost no1 uses it at lower lvls but for endgame it does matter.

Conclusion: 9dragons has the potential to be a fun and good game, however the content is lacking from lvl 50+. I suggest u wait a couple of months after acclaim has done some big updates.

MMOs currently playing: -
About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

Comments

• lordvoldmortlordvoldmort Member Posts: 9

well i' playing 9D  for almost ayear now and all i hat to say is yes u r right for all u said "except the memory thing" i play the game for 6+hours  and dont need to restart my pc

but overall u really perfectly evaluated the game specially for ur conclusion it really summrizes the situation

very nice that we have such ppl like u that use thier minds to analize instead of crying "oh this game sux ,this is ashit game ....."and so on

• XxVespanexXXxVespanexX Member Posts: 19

Do you like being repetitive or are you a double poster cus that is against the rules you've already stated your opinion once before on this exact subject i suggest you stop now before someone with some power decides to look into this.

At level 68 maybe you think there is no new content but your sadly mistaken the new dungeons in LD have opened up and there are several party quests. At Level 68 you dont have Lightning Fist/ New Hero/ Killer of Shen Mo/ Hangzhou Exorcist, those are just a few off the very top of my head you again are very wrong and need to take a closer look into the game, and for you to say its a hard grind at lvl 68 is pathetic on top of the fact that they have x3 or x4 Exp wednesday nights and x2 exp fri Sat and Sun thats 4 days out of the week you get bonus exp that for your lvl is still a ton. So i bluntly say to you please newb.... You have every right to evaluate the game at any lvl or time span but make sure you tell the truth about it No content after lvl 68 is a huge lie ive been there and done that. Ive been on vacation and have gained two lvls from only 4-7 off and on hours not even double EXP and that is at lvl 100 so bro go back to whatever game you play because i dont like you throwing out flames you cant back up i will send you SS if i must of all the thigns you can do after lvl 68 if you still dont get it, i dont want to do this because of you i want to do this because some of the general public has been shown a bad opinion that isnt true about a game i like and that i will not stand for.

t(^.-)z bite me -,...,-

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

ow dear... i merely commented on u the second time am i gonna get banned now? no i dont think so :D actually i could report u for flaming

next to that.. LD isnt for lvl 68 players, yes theres 2x xp BUT the 3x/4x/5x is extremely rare, next to that they always open double xp too late in the EU server

ill say it again, it is nothing more then to bash the same monsters over and over again, i got bored of it and u dont, done. Its never good with ppl like u, its always "omg u got to lvl 20 u didnt play the whole game u are not allowed to have an opinion of this game" -_- really... most ppl quit after the first 20 lvls or so. i went further, and i couldnt get myself to logon after 68 lvls, i explored enough and the high lvl content isnt worth the mindless grind. at least not to me, have fun killing 2000 mobs for 1 lvl

Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• DavioDavio Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by 3on1

ow dear... i merely commented on u the second time am i gonna get banned now? no i dont think so :D actually i could report u for flaming
    next to that.. LD isnt for lvl 68 players, yes theres 2x xp BUT the 3x/4x/5x is extremely rare, next to that they always open double xp too late in the EU server
    ill say it again, it is nothing more then to bash the same monsters over and over again, i got bored of it and u dont, done. Its never good with ppl like u, its always "omg u got to lvl 20 u didnt play the whole game u are not allowed to have an opinion of this game" -_- really... most ppl quit after the first 20 lvls or so. i went further, and i couldnt get myself to logon after 68 lvls, i explored enough and the high lvl content isnt worth the mindless grind. at least not to me, have fun killing 2000 mobs for 1 lvl

Ok 3on1 is seems to don't enjoy the game, therefore shut your mouth about it and go on and leave others alone. I have a lvl 120 char wu tang in that game and I Find leveling to be quiet easy kiddo, on top of that most people don't quit after lvl 20 idiot....they only take a break for awhile then come back. once hitting upon lvl 25 they fly through the game pretty easily. But I must say at SM1 leveling becomes hard only if you didn't pick a role that you know you will enjoy, other then that have fun. So don't complain about the game being hard when you just a lazy kid and don't know to much about the game. Oh one more thing...people usually quit at lvl 100+

SoF Main:Lvl 90 Snowster/Order Sword
    9dragon Main:FC8 Munoo/Wu-tang Sword
    Silkroad Main:Lvl 75 DAGZ/Sword
    Rappelz Main:Lvl 50 Munoo/Kahuna/Jblvl 40

this is not some guide on how to play 9dragons, for that check this guide @ http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/235/view/forums/thread/104275/page/1
    so heres my little review:
    i played on till 68 before i got sick of the endless grind with no new content at all when u advance, there is a partyquest at around lvl 80 but i couldnt bear playing on till that
    graphics: decent, no graphical bugs and nice animations. However the number of animations is small and theres nothing new coming out.
    sound: at first its nice and refreshing, however in every map its about the same and u will get tired of it, i played with mp3 on all the time. much better :)
    gameplay: easy, no steep leaningcurve and its just basically clicking a lot of special attacks which u need to lvl up endlessy. After lvl 50 u will have had all the attacks (as a warrior) so u need to keep using the lvl 50 attack forever (at least till new techniques come out, which takes forever) The game currently has a lvl cap of Golden Lotus 4, that is lvl 136.
    content: in the start of the game u will have plenty of quests/new attacks/ new areas and mobs to discover.. however at a certain lvl the content simply vanishes. I dont dislike grinding BUT there has to be enough content to keep me happy, sadly the game fails at that. The American version of 9dragons is incomplete and is about 2 years behind on the vietnamese/korean versions.
    stability: the game has very poor memory management... after a few hours most people WILL need to reboot cause their game starts to crash cause the memory cant handle the game anymore, ppl with 2+ gig of ram have complained about this and i never had this problem with much heavier games like UT3 or CnC 3 with 100s of units fighting. Random disconnecting from the server also happens, not as much as the crashing.. but its still annoying. 9dragons has 3 servers, a USA, USA-PK, and a EU server. However the European server is located in the States (lol?). They said the EU server will be moved to Europe but so far nothing has been done.
    f2p?: the game uses a item mall where most items dont really give advantage over users who dont use the item mall. However there is one item (actually its some sort of 3 month sub) that costs roughly 40 euros and give a BIG advantage for the ppl that use it, i havent really been annoyed by it since almost no1 uses it at lower lvls but for endgame it does matter.
    Conclusion: 9dragons has the potential to be a fun and good game, however the content is lacking from lvl 50+. I suggest u wait a couple of months after acclaim has done some big updates.

Graphics: Oh there are many new graphics and more coming out, so don't say theres nothing when you aren't sure about it.

Sound: Not the same on every map buddy, each clan base has a different music playing on the background, black and white clans aren't the same either (Shi Zhang, Zengzouhg) heh Think I spelled ZZ wrong...

Gameplay: Ok surely your not experienced at the game, as I said before I have a level 120 wu tang character white tiger ^^....but I know warrior skills...and there is plenty more after lvl 50, oh and the level cap is lvl 220...how could it be level 136? when there is an advanced clan you can join at 160?....think before you talk

Content: Okay I sort of agree on the american version being behind...but not completely, First of all there is many content to enjoy....and none disappears at a certain level....just repeat of monsters (mobs) like bears. But you cant blame the company for not catching up on the new stuff. It is hard to get the new content...for it requires money I do believe.

Stability: The people with the memory problems and crash were merely bugs within the game, where the GM's/VGM's have taken care of it already, just change your current holder chip for the game in the launcher settings. Nothing much really, happened to me for awhile then I told a GM and it got fixed...thats all. Oh and the EU server isn't being moved, whoever said that must of misunderstood about it.

Free to Play: That is the only one I will agree with you, for it is like that in almost every "grind" game anyway, One way or the other.  

Conclusion: Advice for you my friend....If you have a warrior in any clan...for everyone agrees with this, that is the HARDEST role to grind on...for nukers and healers are easier and the hybrids are a bit hard but the grind is simple and enjoyable, for I have several other characters within the game and one or two are a warrior, but I must say it is hard at times without some 2x+ ^^

Conclusion continue: The lack of content is at Floral Crown or a bit Lower, can't remember at this time...as you will see a repeative content such as bears or the shadow clan and what not. But other then this people, go into the game and see if it fits you best, If not leave and say nothing but take it with you in yourself, If so it fits you tell all Haha ^^

Originally posted by Davio

Ok 3on1 is seems to don't enjoy the game, therefore shut your mouth about it and go on and leave others alone. I have a lvl 120 char wu tang in that game and I Find leveling to be quiet easy kiddo, on top of that most people don't quit after lvl 20 idiot....they only take a break for awhile then come back. once hitting upon lvl 25 they fly through the game pretty easily. But I must say at SM1 leveling becomes hard only if you didn't pick a role that you know you will enjoy, other then that have fun. So don't complain about the game being hard when you just a lazy kid and don't know to much about the game. Oh one more thing...people usually quit at lvl 100+

first of all whats up with all 9dragons players who like the game (i have nothing against that) to start insulting me? :)

i aint lazy, theres not enough content to keep me playing. lvling = easy thats true did i say it was hard? NO.. it is boring IMHO. ppl usually quitting 100+ :D i doubt it... but ok thats your opinion

so your point being now? i dont find it hard so what are u onto?

i only delivered a review with contructive criticism, this forum is here to discuss the game. now if i only said that 9dragons = fail for some dumb reason u have all the reason to flame me, but sadly u dont.

Originally posted by Davio

first of all whats up with all 9dragons players who like the game (i have nothing against that) to start insulting me? :)

i aint lazy, theres not enough content to keep me playing. lvling = easy thats true did i say it was hard? NO.. it is boring IMHO. ppl usually quitting 100+ :D i doubt it... but ok thats your opinion

so your point being now? i dont find it hard so what are u onto?

i only delivered a review with contructive criticism, this forum is here to discuss the game. now if i only said that 9dragons = fail for some dumb reason u have all the reason to flame me, but sadly u dont.

Insulting you? where did I say that in my statement? just correcting you on how you said most quit at level 20? you don't believe people quiting at level 100? I see that for since you think its level 20...hmm alright with me. Funny for you to say such a thing at your last paragraph...Its okay to feel stupid just don't hide it ^^ Haha ^^

Well Im done here with you? For if this is to continue there will be harshness and hatred among us ^^ and I don't want to be responsible for hurting someone else feelings among this ^^ . You may respond to this thread but I will not answer you, don't think its because you shut me up, but only for letting this slide and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings and taking full charge of it. Have fun ^^

haha dude, if u already hurt my feelings i should be gone of the internet years ago, ive seen much worse

u just cant argue.. hmm lets see u said "shut your mouth" "lazy kid" "kiddo" "idiot"

i got a warning here once for calling someone an idiot

no u wont respond cause u cant admit theres no content in midgame, or is hunting the same 4 or 5 bosses enough content for u to fill 20 lvls with? and plz.. come with proof that most quit after lvl 100, i dont see tons of lvl 100+ running around do you? ur a funny guy

• SouljaGirlSouljaGirl Member Posts: 2

haha dude, if u already hurt my feelings i should be gone of the internet years ago, ive seen much worse
    u just cant argue.. hmm lets see u said "shut your mouth" "lazy kid" "kiddo" "idiot"
    i got a warning here once for calling someone an idiot
    no u wont respond cause u cant admit theres no content in midgame, or is hunting the same 4 or 5 bosses enough content for u to fill 20 lvls with? and plz.. come with proof that most quit after lvl 100, i dont see tons of lvl 100+ running around do you? ur a funny guy
    Hehe ^^ well I don't know whats going between you and Davio sweetie, but I see that you said " plz...come with proof that most quit after lvl 100, i don't see tons of lvl 100+ running around do you?"

Hmm well proof eh? go to server Nirvanna and look or join a league called AscensionS they have alot of CS's but alot have quit, and you can ask around in almost any server beside Nirvanna and find many 100-125 quit. Take Nor for example...she doesn't play anymore lol and Cissy...Tingle well I know her...shes an on and off type of gal ^^

Dunno what you mean about "no content" either o.O but i think I know what you mean...not sure though o.o...umm there is many content...just they're lacking some o.O the company I mean. Though I heard they're coming up with more soon...after they get through with erm....uhh......ehhh....umm...that country that made the game...japan I think

Anyway have fun hehe ^^

=/ my emotes won't come out the place I want them to...can anyone help me pwease *sniff*

im hot sexy and i love hot guys who know how to do it...

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

@3on1 The memory bug, I never encountered...

What i don't agree on is the fact that you say that at your level you have to kill the same monster on and on... That's not true. At level 68 (FD8) you can gring in Jinan (white) / Datong (Black), in Hangzou or Nanchang or in the cave of the conqueror... You have plenty of options to grind...

I don't agree with you on the quiting level and i also don't agree with Davio on it. Most players quit the game at RL-FD-SM (max) levels because the grind becomes more and more. RL10 especially is a tough level (you can only grind on bears and they don't even give you much xp...). But after you get past that, you'll level easier. You can make dungeon raids with your friends from your band (or totaly strangers). My nuker got the Shao-Yu-Lang epithet at RL3 and Shen Mo at FD1. With friends you can talk to, the grind is not so bad and sometimes it's really funny (like then when i got the SM epi and my nuker hited harder with the full bleed nuke as the EC3 warrior did... Shen Mo killed me ~50 times because of that...)

@Davio

the current level cap is 136 (level cap means the maximum achiavable level ). you don't have monsters that can increase your level more than that atm. I know that it is planed to get till Heavenly Immortal with the full content (and that will be level 240 and 220 as you've stated).

we are behind the vietnamese version because our version is the only one of the 4 that is F2P!!! Indy21 is giving the new content to Acclaim at their own terms and Acclaim had to translate everything and check for bugs. This process is a very long time process. remember just the fact that LD was released in September but the bugs were so sevear that they had to call it back. The unbuged version came to us only 6 months later. We still miss advanced masteries, elemental damages (YING, YANG, BODY and SOUL), monsters that have kung fu and chi-kung skills, party heals and pvp heals for healers, aoe nukes for nukers, a the ice map and much more. Not even the vietnamesse (the most advanced of the 4) does not have the advanced clans. It's a game that is still under development and it has a great future.

regarding Bardo, it will be moved (phisically) to Europe to give the European players a better ping time. Currently there is a test enviroment on the European server called "testing'' with data from some months ago. You can enter the testing server and play with characters that you've deleted or that have less levels than your current char. In max 1 month will the moving be done and we, europeans will be much happier.

Come on... Give me a break!

Originally posted by dhrddm

@3on1 The memory bug, I never encountered...
    What i don't agree on is the fact that you say that at your level you have to kill the same monster on and on... That's not true. At level 68 (FD8) you can gring in Jinan (white) / Datong (Black), in Hangzou or Nanchang or in the cave of the conqueror... You have plenty of options to grind...
    I don't agree with you on the quiting level and i also don't agree with Davio on it. Most players quit the game at RL-FD-SM (max) levels because the grind becomes more and more. RL10 especially is a tough level (you can only grind on bears and they don't even give you much xp...). But after you get past that, you'll level easier. You can make dungeon raids with your friends from your band (or totaly strangers). My nuker got the Shao-Yu-Lang epithet at RL3 and Shen Mo at FD1. With friends you can talk to, the grind is not so bad and sometimes it's really funny (like then when i got the SM epi and my nuker hited harder with the full bleed nuke as the EC3 warrior did... Shen Mo killed me ~50 times because of that...)
    @Davio
    the current level cap is 136 (level cap means the maximum achiavable level ). you don't have monsters that can increase your level more than that atm. I know that it is planed to get till Heavenly Immortal with the full content (and that will be level 240 and 220 as you've stated).
    we are behind the vietnamese version because our version is the only one of the 4 that is F2P!!! Indy21 is giving the new content to Acclaim at their own terms and Acclaim had to translate everything and check for bugs. This process is a very long time process. remember just the fact that LD was released in September but the bugs were so sevear that they had to call it back. The unbuged version came to us only 6 months later. We still miss advanced masteries, elemental damages (YING, YANG, BODY and SOUL), monsters that have kung fu and chi-kung skills, party heals and pvp heals for healers, aoe nukes for nukers, a the ice map and much more. Not even the vietnamesse (the most advanced of the 4) does not have the advanced clans. It's a game that is still under development and it has a great future.
    regarding Bardo, it will be moved (phisically) to Europe to give the European players a better ping time. Currently there is a test enviroment on the European server called "testing'' with data from some months ago. You can enter the testing server and play with characters that you've deleted or that have less levels than your current char. In max 1 month will the moving be done and we, europeans will be much happier.

Whoa buddy the current level cap isn't 136.....I just spoke to a GM recently and its 220 at the moment, They said they due to the lack of mobs within this game, No player is able to reach such a level capacity yet.

Also with you "most quit at RL10" well on my opnion your half right and half wrong, I must say it is quite easy to reach a higher level, If you know the right level mobs for your current level, it should be no problem kiddo ^^. From what I witness in the game and have heard from most players, Is that most quit around CS1--CS4, from the lack of exp has lessen so the the grind has seem to become a hard obstacle to the players. I went and joined many leagues that contained many Crimson Snake players. I must say many have left the game, due to the stress and irritation of grinding constantly and hardly getting anywhere to sastify them. I had heard from others, that if you choose a role randomly and haven't studied what that role is capable of, you will find yourself death to the god of boredom haha ^^, lack of enjoyment to the game. Find a role that suites you best and you fly pretty fast through this game.

I have to agree with a part of your explaination / statement, is where you said "quit at SM" yes that is true, experiencing that myself wanting to quit when my character hit SM5....mid SM...the grinding did get hard I must say. Reason being for the grinding getting extremely irritating is because of the lack of knowledge, to where I could find some good mobs and that I didn't take breaks >.>. Though even you found some good mobs it seemed hard to grind for me, So I took a month off the game to relax and enjoy my wife and kids. I had spend so much time with them, while I was gaming  for an hour and 3 days a week. I figured that if I took sometime off and came back soon, I would most likely enjoy the excitement of the game a bit more, and I was correct. For I did come back soon after a month and found myself flying through game, even without the double experience event on.

I will say this though, just because I find that most quit at such a higher level then what you stated, doesn't mean all find it that way. You may be right drhddm, about your statement and all, But I felt it would be right if I stated what I noticed also , Im not saying that you're wrong with what you said, Im saying either way we and 3on1 are right, one way or the other.

That one thing about being a father ^^ you have to also notice others facts and opnions in such a matter even working as a chemist , Have fun ingame

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52

Thanks for that review, I'm sure to give this game a go.

• divineonemedivineoneme Member Posts: 3

i retired my char at cs1   lvl 121

graphics no bugs??? wrong many in cave of conq.

no fair advantage to paying players WRONG:

Bless your character with a 9D Premium State for 90 Days and receive the following:

+20 all stats is God mode to a non-paying player in pvp...

*Korean Ginsengs [25]
      *Ethereal Mushrooms [25]
      *Huatuo's Panaceas [25]
      *Lion's Roars [40]
      *Experience Bonus [20 percent]
      *Kung Fu Experience Bonus [50 percent]
      *Death Penalty Reduction
      *Unlimited Epithet Change
      *Hermit's Cavitry Press [Unlimited] [Adds 20 to all basic stats, Bonus Buff 5% Critical Damage, 10% Damage Increase, 10% Chi Kung Defense]. To use Cavitry Press go to The Hermit NPC on any map.
      in addition to the above....responce to ingame issues is almost non excisting...reporting a player who pays...LOL nothing is done. therefore in the end you have alot of VERY un-desirable players left and the quality player base moves on.

what have i learned from over a year of playing
      1. free to play is never "free" to decent competitive gamers.
      2. you get what you pay for...and if you don't pay...i'll end that comment right there
      3. if you want a "quality game" pay for it and pick a "reputable" company to support.
       btw i spent over $600.00 in 12 months "staying competative"....need i say more on free????
  • JAG-WarriorJAG-Warrior Member Posts: 4

I agree with this 100%,  at lvl 121 you realize this is NO free game,  and dont even waste your time trying figure out what you have spent. ( YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW) 

• Crissy520Crissy520 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for that review, I'm sure to give this game a go.

well theres finally a patch with new skills/masteries and a tweaked xp rate coming.. since i made this review acclaim only added some endgame content where one of my complaints was that mid lvl content was already lacking, the new skills and masteries SHOULD change this. anyway the new patch (coming out in a month or so) will be the perfect time to start the game up once more

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

well theres finally a patch with new skills/masteries and a tweaked xp rate coming.. since i made this review acclaim only added some endgame content where one of my complaints was that mid lvl content was already lacking, the new skills and masteries SHOULD change this. anyway the new patch (coming out in a month or so) will be the perfect time to start the game up once more

I'm curious where you found this info?  I cannot find anything about them finally addressing the issues with xp, masteries, and other content.

Personally, I could live with it if they at least tweaked skill xp rate and the drop rate to equivalent to the overseas servers.

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewtopic.php?t=83671&start=0

altho it is no official msg from acclaim i trust the OP, and i just hope the patch will come..

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewtopic.php?t=83985

seems like theres another big patch inc, and in another thread an acclaim admin is talking about upcoming class balance and AOE skills to help you lvl!