Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New RP-PVE ruleset server

TarkaTarka Member Posts: 1,662

"With the launch of Age of Conan in Europe we introduce another ruleset which has been requested by many players for quite some time now: RP-PvE.

The first server available of that ruleset is Hyrkania (European English region). We will keep an eye out for that server to see how many players actually are interested and will consider more servers if needed."

Comments

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

w00t!!!

imageThe last of the Trackers

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Tarka

"With the launch of Age of Conan in Europe we introduce another ruleset which has been requested by many players for quite some time now: RP-PvE.

The first server available of that ruleset is Hyrkania (European English region). We will keep an eye out for that server to see how many players actually are interested and will consider more servers if needed."
    What about north america? :

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

How nice.  RP-PVE makes it in the EU launch day but NA was ignored.    At least some of the RP crowd had their voices heard.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• TyfoTyfo Member Posts: 18

I am pretty sure that it will come to North America soon. They just did not anticipate the need for a RP-PvE server at launch, but seeing as many people desired such a server it was introduced with the European launch.

... and will most certainly be introduced in North America.

-----------------------------
    Looking forward to: WAR, Darkfall, Earthrise,
    Playing: Age of Conan
    Have played: WoW, SWG, Runescape, EVE, LotR:O, ... and a lot of other MMO's.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I honestly don't understand how they couldn't have anticipated the need for one... as I'm pretty sure I used to see how 'RP' friendly the game was supposed to be as well... could be wrong... so now one asks, do I continue to play on WICCANA the unofficial RP PVE server, or wait for the official one... hopefully they'll just make wiccana official, then everyone wins.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by DeaconX

I honestly don't understand how they couldn't have anticipated the need for one... as I'm pretty sure I used to see how 'RP' friendly the game was supposed to be as well... could be wrong... so now one asks, do I continue to play on WICCANA the unofficial RP PVE server, or wait for the official one... hopefully they'll just make wiccana official, then everyone wins.

Hopefully. If they don't it would be some serious 'in your face, players' on the part of FC.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Yeyeye! Yes yes yes !! Yippieeeee!!!!

We posted 1500 posts demanding RP-PVE server !!!!

Guess what , if we players want something , and we unite - WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!!!

• Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

Now plee for cookies..

/cheer!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Yeyeye! Yes yes yes !! Yippieeeee!!!!
    We posted 1500 posts demanding RP-PVE server !!!!
    Guess what , if we players want something , and we unite - WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!!!

Great...now get a server that is FFA PvP that allows us to start at level 80 so we can get on with wars!  Just make all quest scale to 80 and put in some randomly generated armors and weapons ala AC and we're good to go.  ^_^

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Damn, i just noticed you already posted this!

Well its good news, so it deserves two posts.

Should point out guys this is for Europe only, none planned for NA as yet, keep asking!

• kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Member Posts: 525

They better make one for the US servers or theres going to be a huge stink.

• defafnyrdefafnyr Member Posts: 83

While I am happy for the europeon players, I am very angry with Funcom n this.  Americans cannot play on Europeon servers, we are segregated, and so American players STILL do not have a PVE/RP server.

Europe gets the love, America gets their noses snubbed.

The devs of this game created a wonderful game. The Funcom management has failed in several areas, miserably, not just in this issue but let me point out another...

Many people purchased Early Access and Pre-Orders.  As of tomorrow, those Early Access accounts will expire and they will need to register their Pre-Order accounts.  Many people including people who pre-ordered DIRECTLY from Funcom have not recieved their retail boxes containing those keys, so we will have INTERRUPTED service.  In fact, though I personally have a confirmation email of purchase from Funcom dated May 5th, 2008, with a purchase price of $53.98 for the early access and the retail pre-order box, they have only taken the $5 for the EA and have not taken the funds for the pre-order, nor have they shipped that retail box, nor sent an email key to register the pre-order account, despite numerous emails to support made by myself and by my husband in regard to his same situation.

Now I could just go out and purchase a retail box, but then I would not be getting the pre-order extra goodies as promised, and there's still the dubious threat of paying $50 for a non pre-order box and then having them take another $50 from my account for the purchse I made May 5th. 

My husband and I are not alone in this. There are many like us that are being screwed over by FunCom mismanagement.  I highly expect that the problems that people are having with pre-orders from GameStop and EBGames is also not due to those game stores but due to mistakes made by Funcom.

Great game, horrible, horrible management by Funcom.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

Originally posted by defafnyr

While I am happy for the europeon players, I am very angry with Funcom n this.  Americans cannot play on Europeon servers, we are segregated, and so American players STILL do not have a PVE/RP server.
    The devs of this game created a wonderful game. The Funcom management has failed in several areas, miserably, not just in this issue but let me point out another...

Many people purchased Early Access and Pre-Orders.  As of tomorrow, those Early Access accounts will expire and they will need to register their Pre-Order accounts.  Many people including people who pre-ordered DIRECTLY from Funcom have not recieved their retail boxes containing those keys, so we will have INTERRUPTED service.  In fact, though I personally have a confirmation email of purchase from Funcom dated May 5th, 2008, with a purchase price of $53.98 for the early access and the retail pre-order box, they have only taken the $5 for the EA and have not taken the funds for the pre-order, nor have they shipped that retail box, nor sent an email key to register the pre-order account, despite numerous emails to support made by myself and by my husband in regard to his same situation.
    Now I could just go out and purchase a retail box, but then I would not be getting the pre-order extra goodies as promised, and there's still the dubious threat of paying $50 for a non pre-order box and then having them take another $50 from my account for the purchse I made May 5th. 
    My husband and I are not alone in this. There are many like us that are being screwed over by FunCom mismanagement.  I highly expect that the problems that people are having with pre-orders from GameStop and EBGames is also not due to those game stores but due to mistakes made by Funcom.

Devs are Norwegian do not think they have much love for Americans, love how they rather use GMT rather than EST or any other US time zones for US servers.   You do not see Cyrptic or ArenaNet or Bliizard using EST for its European community

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Seems the EU RP-PvE is successful. I have lag and see a lot of people. I guess there soon will be one in the USA. I also saw the first dumb name tag.

Originally posted by Darkheart00

Originally posted by defafnyr

Devs are Norwegian do not think they have much love for Americans, love how they rather use GMT rather than EST or any other US time zones for US servers.   You do not see Cyrptic or ArenaNet or Bliizard using EST for its European community

"We dont particularly like Americans, but boy do we love milking them for money!" lol

• glommaglomma Member Posts: 209

About time :)

Im currently playing on a PVE server,  (eu)

Guess i now will reroll a character on that new RP-PVE server..

See all you RP'ers in Hyboria.

:)

Stop rubbing it in. >.< lol

• devacoredevacore Member UncommonPosts: 340

GMT is the standard...  It's like zero.  I think the education system is to blame some times or could be just born that way. 

Originally posted by devacore

GMT is the standard...  It's like zero.  I think the education system is to blame some times or could be just born that way. 

Standard in Europe but unfortunaetly we have something called DST. Half the time the funcom devs do convert the times to EST they forget about that....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Great news as I know a lot of players requested this, and it was odd that Funcom didn't think that was important.

As to all the complaints that Funcom hates Americans or something, give it a rest.  They launched the US servers 3 days ahead of the EU ones, and at that time it was the Europeans getting the shaft.

Funcom does these things for business /practical reasons, and not due to some perceived favortism or hatred of one region or another.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

I hope FC just makes the unofficial RP-PvE server, Wiccana, official for NA players. It is even listed as the unofficial RP server on the forums, so it is no secret that Wiccana is geared more for the RP crowd.

Originally posted by Kyleran

Great news as I know a lot of players requested this, and it was odd that Funcom didn't think that was important.
    As to all the complaints that Funcom hates Americans or something, give it a rest.  They launched the US servers 3 days ahead of the EU ones, and at that time it was the Europeans getting the shaft.
    Funcom does these things for business /practical reasons, and not due to some perceived favortism or hatred of one region or another.

Eidos handles the publishing it is partly owned by Warner Bros.