Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so...how is AoC

hello ppl

so im wondering what AoC is like. ive played wow for 2 years and had alot of fun playing it, i quit 6 months ago, and i heard AoC was released soon and it looked good but..is it good? im so afraid aoc wont be as much fun as wow was, like with LOTRO that i tried out.

any1 that played wow or any1 else that can help me chose if i should buy the game or not?

cheers

Comments

• LinuxxxLinuxxx Member Posts: 102

Buy it.

It's that good..

• snikwadsnikwad Member Posts: 40

I also gotta go with "buy it". I have suggested to do the same to several of my friends that still play wow and EQ2 and only one has complained (it plays a bit choppy on his pc). Its this simple, if you are bored with wow and not interested in any other games at the moment, plunk down the 40 bucks and get it.

• HistoryBuffHistoryBuff Member Posts: 17

If you dislike Guild Wars and don't have a fast running rig, don't buy it. A lot of stuff is very linear, doing the low level stuff is fun the first time but gets very boring fast, I have a good rig (year old) and the game runs like crap. The game only runs well for those with the latest Nvidia cards.

I canceled my preorder on the third day of EA.

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Originally posted by HistoryBuff

If you dislike Guild Wars and don't have a fast running rig, don't buy it. A lot of stuff is very linear, doing the low level stuff is fun the first time but gets very boring fast, I have a good rig (year old) and the game runs like crap. The game only runs well for those with the latest Nvidia cards.
    Biggest load of BS I ever read in a single post.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Electriceye

Agreed, if it ran like crap on your old PC then you most likely didn't play it. The first 20 are linear, then the game actually opens up after level 20 and is a helluva lot more fun.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• DeviateDeviate Member UncommonPosts: 219

1. Didn't get past Tortage

2. Horrible computer

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Why because his opion is not same as yours? ALOT of us see it as being alot like guild wars.You fanbois kill me let ppl have there opion.Game does run like crap for alot of ppl not sayin it is games fault more than its just random odd stuff same as how some ppl can/could run vanguard with no problems at all while others with super comps could not get it to play right at all.

Really hate rabid fanboi's I dont care what game it is be it AoC,WAR,WoW w/e your like lil bandwagon ppl who jump on board and switch from one game to another because you suck at all of them so somethin new comes along to catch your Add attention span it instantly becomes greatest game ever,

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Originally posted by Deviate

2. Horrible computer

1. is a huge fanboi

2,. too big of a idiot to let others have there own opions

• SiyahSiyah Member Posts: 131

Originally posted by rznkain

2. Horrible computer

1. is a huge fanboi

1. can't spell

2. still can't spell and it's getting worse.

Just kidding!!!

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Why because his opion is not same as yours? ALOT of us see it as being alot like guild wars.You fanbois kill me let ppl have there opion.Game does run like crap for alot of ppl not sayin it is games fault more than its just random odd stuff same as how some ppl can/could run vanguard with no problems at all while others with super comps could not get it to play right at all.

Really hate rabid fanboi's I dont care what game it is be it AoC,WAR,WoW w/e your like lil bandwagon ppl who jump on board and switch from one game to another because you suck at all of them so somethin new comes along to catch your Add attention span it instantly becomes greatest game ever,

Your obviously 13 and can't spell, so stay with your WoW. But seriously, I am no fanboy and was complaining about the crashing/etc during beta. However those bugs were ironed out last night, and they did pull off a miracle patch somehow. The performance is perfectly fine, of course your not going to be able to play on a year-2 year old PC. New technology comes out every week, if you can't keep up with it and buy a few upgrades once a year then don't play.. it's simple. Yes the first 20 levels are like Guild Wars(alot actually), after that though the game opens up. First 20 are for tutorial purposes and to drag you into the storyline, which it does a good job.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

2. Horrible computer

1. is a huge fanboi

So the game is like Guildwars huh? Thats an informed opinion?

Seriously, take your little "stick up for people" act elsewhere.

First off, you need to chill!

Take a deep breath and focus. I don't know if you played the game, and don't wana know after seeing the way you talk to people. Thing is that comparing this game to Guild Wars (concerning instances Idd) is just not possible. It's far from being an opinion, you need to understand that. It is soooo far off from Guild Wars it's funny when people make these kind of comparisons.

People who compare this to Guild Wars have either not gotten past lvl20 or didn't play the game, as simple as that.

• TheArzhAngelTheArzhAngel Member Posts: 159

In short words: 

Fantastic grafic. 

Nice skills, and abilitys. 

Bad set´s of armor. 

Unballanced classes. 

Pointsless GvsG, PvsP, RvsR overall. ( More or less upen/ uncontrold pvp world. If you are not playing on a pve sever, then there are Kindergarden - Pvp Arean´s)

Spon/ zone / gate killers. (ShadowBane syndrom)

Im afread i dont have most inforamtion on: 

Crafting, housing / trade system.

Drop raid. 

But there are nothing els been releasd atm so, i personal go for it.

Beta:
    GW, WOW, AOC, DAOC, DOD, L2, VG.
    Playd:
    GW necro msx, WOW never maxd, DAOC reaver-paladin-cabalist-vamp max, L2 never maxd, VG never maxd.

Play:
    Daoc - Paladin. Classic.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

No it's not like Guild Wars, Guild Wars was way more linear. Think of level 20+ as more like EQ2, bigger zones and you actually run into other people while exploring and doing quests unlike Guild Wars. The only thing I would compare to Guild Wars is how some PVP mini-games are set up, other than that it's not the same.

• acranaacrana Member Posts: 27

Is it just me or can anyone else not stand the Mini Map? It doesnt move with you you have to scroll it just bugs me

Rznkain sold his EA accounts, so I doubt he played past level 20. Also checking his post history he say's AoC is like GW in almost all of them.

1. Learn to spell, and spell out words, ppl for example.

2. Make INFORMED opinions

Then you might be taken seriously on a forum. Until then you come off as an uneducated little kid.

Have a nice day

• atomtanatomtan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Flopsie

hello ppl
    so im wondering what AoC is like. ive played wow for 2 years and had alot of fun playing it, i quit 6 months ago, and i heard AoC was released soon and it looked good but..is it good? im so afraid aoc wont be as much fun as wow was, like with LOTRO that i tried out.
    any1 that played wow or any1 else that can help me chose if i should buy the game or not?
    cheers

To be able to answer your question effectively, we may need to know what you made you stick with WoW, and what you didn't like about LOTRO (although, you may be like me and have no idea why LOTRO didn't appeal to you eventhough it had several good points).

I have been enjoying my time in AoC, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.  The main thing I've noticed about how it differs from other MMO's I've played is that it requires a heck of a lot more of my attention.  This is NOT a bad thing, but it definitely cuts down on getting into marathon sessions, due to having to keep a 4-year old entertained, fed, clothed, etc. 

But, if you do find yourself in a situation where you're able to try before you buy, I agree that you should make your decision after you leave Tortage.  The game is great the first 20 levels, but you're also spending some of that time getting used to the mechanics, which at times can be a bit frustrating.  Soon it will become second nature, though.

Currently Playing: Nothing...I'm developing.
    Looking Forward To:

• catch21.9catch21.9 Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 4

I see a lot of people asking if its "fun" or "hip," and all the replies I see are along the lines of "it gets super awesome after Tortage" or "it makes your brain poop rainbows after 20!" But heres the thing, shouldn't a game be fun from the get-go? Grinds are A-OK with me, but from the start of the game!?! Come on. All I want to know if the game is fun from the moment I pick it up, does it have that "holy hell" factor that makes you want to come back? I'm still on the fence about buying this, and until some reasonably intelligent person gives their reasonable opinion, I think I might just stick to playing with my penis and waiting for Call of Duty 5. Just kidding, fuck Call of Duty 5.

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598

AoC = Guildwars on steroids.

If you Like GW, you'll like AoC.

Always change your signature.

• paladinumpaladinum Member Posts: 120

hello ppl
    cheers
    If you played wow for 2 y and think its fun...prepare to play aoc for 2 months and quit...

If wow becomes boring even with 6 starting places, a gigantic seemless world with no loadings in every zone and door...,10 races, loads of professions etc etc..

aoc has 1 starting place, small world with loadings every zone and every door, instanced zones when theres more then 50? people in a zone, 3 human races, meaning one race=human..

You like to explore the world? well at 80 with your first char you will know every inch of the hyborian world...

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124

Been wondering how it is myself. But the reviews are really mixed and without any mates heading over, I'm afraid I'm going to need a demo. Or at least not to leave my house to get it...

Combat looks rather swish but not sure if it will eat my PC alive. And yes I'm a bit of a poof but I wish there were a prettier selection of male characters to play Don't have to be elves but at least half way decent barbarian or not.

Clever things.

• bachanambachanam Member Posts: 335

I'm having fun in tortage, as a player thats enough said. lol

This game is worth picking up while it's still early, so you can be in dungeons with people who've also never been.

it's day 4 for early access and day 1 for the public release, and i have heard mostly good things ingame

"Sometimes, things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are basically good. Honor, courage, virtue mean everything. Power and money, money and power mean nothing. Good always triumphs over evil. Love, True Love Never Dies."
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Originally posted by catch21.9

I see a lot of people asking if its "fun" or "hip," and all the replies I see are along the lines of "it gets super awesome after Tortage" or "it makes your brain poop rainbows after 20!" But heres the thing, shouldn't a game be fun from the get-go? Grinds are A-OK with me, but from the start of the game!?! Come on. All I want to know if the game is fun from the moment I pick it up, does it have that "holy hell" factor that makes you want to come back? I'm still on the fence about buying this, and until some reasonably intelligent person gives their reasonable opinion, I think I might just stick to playing with my penis and waiting for Call of Duty 5. Just kidding, fuck Call of Duty 5.

Some people resist change. In AoC, the first 20lvls can be played single-player and is very linear and story-driven, more like a traditional RPG, and are very different from latter lvls.

The fun doesn't start at lvl20, though it does switch to a more traditional MMO later on, that's why some people are pointing to the differences between pre and post lvl20, It's because the people who bash the game after less than 20lvls in-game, saying it's linear and all, prefer a more traditional MMO to what they see pre lvl20, so they would only have fun post lvl20.

That goes without saying that a lot of people, myself (EDIT) included, liked the idea of the 1rst 20lvls, and the game is fun from the point go.

Hope that makes some sense!

• bachanambachanam Member Posts: 335
    Originally posted by paladinum

hello ppl
    cheers
    If you played wow for 2 y and think its fun...prepare to play aoc for 2 months and quit...

If wow becomes boring even with 6 starting places, a gigantic seemless world with no loadings in every zone and door...,10 races, loads of professions etc etc..

aoc has 1 starting place, small world with loadings every zone and every door, instanced zones when theres more then 50? people in a zone, 3 human races, meaning one race=human..

You like to explore the world? well at 80 with your first char you will know every inch of the hyborian world...

yes another player that's not past level 20... if you want to see the real game then play past the beginning, in this case compared to other games, aoc Literally opens up into the real game once you leave Tortage.

"Sometimes, things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are basically good. Honor, courage, virtue mean everything. Power and money, money and power mean nothing. Good always triumphs over evil. Love, True Love Never Dies."
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

• catch21.9catch21.9 Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 4

Damn, thank  you that is exactly what I was asking for. I might have to give this game a try after all then, I love me some traditional RPGs, and MMOs. Much appreciated good sir.