Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fury: Fury League Launched

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Auran has announced the launch of Fury League, a new game which walks in the footsteps of Fury, and promises cash for the game's top players.

Brisbane, Australia, May 8 2008.

Auran Games, creators of Fury, the fast-paced arena combat game, today announced the launch of a new skill-based online competitive format called Fury League (www.FuryLeague.com). Players can not only test their skills against other players but also win Fury Gold which can be converted into real cash.

To introduce players to the new “turn skill into cash” concept, the Fury League Qualifying Season will run throughout the month of May. This is a totally free to play Qualifying Season aimed at building a large social and competitive online community based around fast paced arena combat.

To get the competitive juices flowing, and to ensure plenty of hard fought competition, the Qualifying Season will culminate in two special “Cash Ladders”. The top 1,000 players on each Ladder will win cash prizes with a total of $25,000 to be won. The first Cash Ladder will kick off May 20 with players competing in 8 v 8 team Vortex. The second will begin on May 27 with players competing in the 4 v 4 Elimination game type.

In addition to the Cash Ladders, for every game played during the Qualifying Season players earn one Free game entry in Fury League which will kick off in June. Players can earn up to a maximum of 1,000 free game entries, so players of every skill level will be rewarded for participating in Qualifying Season matches.

“We have listened to our core community and there are two things they really want – a game where skill is rewarded not time played and the chance to win cool prizes,” said Tony Hilliam, Auran CEO. “We are very excited to deliver the ultimate skill-based competitive online game that will satisfy both these wishes – tangible cash prizes and a game where skill is your only advantage.”

“We have been working very hard behind the scenes and in consultation with our players identifying what worked well in Fury and what didn’t,” Hilliam continued. “We have created a safer environment for new players to learn the fast-paced action, and we have totally removed any “grind” for gear or abilities. This is the perfect opportunity for players to step up and test their skill for free and earn cash for playing games.”

“Our statistics show that once people win three to five games, chances are they are hooked,” said Cameron McNeil, Fury Lead Designer. “So ensuring a fair fight is the key to growing our player population. By putting up $25,000 in cash prizes for the Qualifying Season, we are confident we’ll see a huge increase in player numbers. This will lead to closer matches and ultimately more fun for everyone. Rising up the Ladders to win bigger cash prizes is also a great incentive for players to push through the learning curve and discover the depth Fury combat has to offer.”

“To ensure a level playing field, we have given all 400+ abilities to almost 200,000 existing player accounts and every new player receives these abilities for free as well,” said Cameron. “In addition, everyone who logs on this month receives 10,000 Fury Gold to spend on new armor for use in the Qualifying Season, prior to an inventory reset in June. There are also new starter and advanced Archetypes designed by top players in the Fury community, and of course a host of other game and performance improvements. We are really looking forward to building the Fury League community to the point of offering hundreds of thousands of Fury Gold prizes every month.”

Fury League is the result of three years of previous Fury development and experience plus six further months of re-engineering, re-design and improvements. No other game has ever created a level playing field where players can turn their gaming skills into cash every month. Every player has access to the same items and abilities from the start and so the winners will be those players that develop the best combination of character customization, map knowledge, combat awareness, individual skill and teamwork.

Fury League will operate much more like an online sport than a traditional computer game. Rather than character progression or an unfolding story, players work on improving their performance as an individual and as a team member. Players can simply have fun with friends and see who has the best score on a given day, or they can get more serious and compete for prize money.

Fury League will continue to evolve and expand over the coming months with the ability to challenge other players for Gold and to spectate on other matches. Existing Fury players will also be compensated for prior purchases as part of the transition to Fury League.

Read more about Fury League here.

Read the full release here.

Comments

• jaigaiajaigaia Member Posts: 66

This is  geared towards anyone whos gonna read this that has either played FURY or has thought about it ... FURY is a decent game and the team here has been doing a good job of getting back on the right track ... we all kn the woes ... and forewarning IM NOT AN AURAN EMPLOYEE  - believe that .[u can check my post on the fury forums here it ll prove that] . lol

But now its time to grab some  friends and make some enemies in one of the most fierce and fastest RPG pvp combat in gaming . NO SERIOUSLY grab a friend and make some enemies lol ...  u actually have  a chance in these ladders upcoming   ... skill is ur only advantage ... [ will be flamed by my fellow FURIONS im sure] ... lmao

Hope that the new FURY LEAGUE is catching ur attention cos u wont regret it and we are looking forward to u joining us .... just come into the game and ull see what ill mean

to anyone whos not played and thinking of FURY ... dont let the beginning of playing deter or discourage u FURY does have a slight learning curve and u shouldnt expect to just come in and pwn ... unless ur skill is really that good ... thats why SKILL is ur only advantage.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

This isn't anything new really.  It's just them trying to find any way they can to pump life into a failure of a game.  They did a terrible job developing and releasing the game, and subsequently went under.  The game isn't going to come back from that.  They never do.  This is just another attempt to extort money from the public while they still can.  It's about as shady as Asheron's Call 2 releasing an expansion right before shutting down the game.  Sure, if anyone's that interested they could go the free route and try this out, but I really wouldn't recommend putting any money into it.  I'm sure many people are already regretting having done that.

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224

Why is this "game" even listed here?

It failed before launch, it failed at launch, and now it's going to fail again as a post-launch rehash.

Dead dogs should be buried. Rotten dead dogs should be cremated. So someone hold a flame to Fury, 'cause it's ripe and ready for cremation.

• thilliamthilliam Member Posts: 6

Three replies and two people who obviously haven't played the game recently (or perhaps have never actually played the game) knocking us for trying. Sure it's my game, and I am CEO of the company that made the game. I know that we weren't ready at release time, but I have also seen thousands of people play Fury in the past two years that have had a lot of fun. I have also seen the stats that show a hundreds players have played over 1,000 games each this year.

Rather than knocking a game for the sake of knocking something, it would be great if the previous two posters atually installed the game (for free) played the game for the next few weeks (for free) and see whether they are good enough to earn a month's subscription - heck, even a months sub to AoC.

Warhammer was due to be released a year ago. EA invested $20M to extend the beta and make the game better. The only difference with Fury is that we have done our 8 months extra work whilst running live.

Actually, there's another difference - Fury has a small and highly dedicated team that works around the colck to get a better game onto the servers.

The game is different and we are putting our money where our mouth is - not put your money where your mouse is!

Bossman

Bossman
    CEO, Auran Games

• NeverknowNeverknow Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by thilliam

Three replies and two people who obviously haven't played the game recently (or perhaps have never actually played the game) knocking us for trying. Sure it's my game, and I am CEO of the company that made the game. I know that we weren't ready at release time, but I have also seen thousands of people play Fury in the past two years that have had a lot of fun. I have also seen the stats that show a hundreds players have played over 1,000 games each this year.
    Rather than knocking a game for the sake of knocking something, it would be great if the previous two posters atually installed the game (for free) played the game for the next few weeks (for free) and see whether they are good enough to earn a month's subscription - heck, even a months sub to AoC.
    Warhammer was due to be released a year ago. EA invested $20M to extend the beta and make the game better. The only difference with Fury is that we have done our 8 months extra work whilst running live.
    Actually, there's another difference - Fury has a small and highly dedicated team that works around the colck to get a better game onto the servers.
    The game is different and we are putting our money where our mouth is - not put your money where your mouse is!
    Bossman

Whatever. Hey, send some more e-mails calling people losers, that did you REAL good last time. Anyway, sorry but you only get one shot at a first impression, and you fired blanks.

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273

Fury is a cool game, and if its gameplay doesnt suit u thats fine, but no need to smash it down without knowing its current state,

they really did a fine job fine tuning the game, implementing bots to shorten the downtime waiting in qeue's and added allot of other stuff, like new maps, new types of battles etc etc

the game has a good player base nowadays and id say : keep up the work guys, im sure this thing will work out

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

I'd give the game a shot, but with all the changes I dont know what class and spells are worth it anymore... and have no idea how to find out that info.

I'd be willing to give the game another shot... (I was one of the ones who spent 50 on it back in like september) but I dont want to get raped as a total newbie, and the game has a hell of a build learning curve.

• jaigaiajaigaia Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

I'd give the game a shot, but with all the changes I dont know what class and spells are worth it anymore... and have no idea how to find out that info.
    I'd be willing to give the game another shot... (I was one of the ones who spent 50 on it back in like september) but I dont want to get raped as a total newbie, and the game has a hell of a build learning curve.

Ok i agree a slight learning curve yes ... however if u havent played in awhile it ll be easy to get back into the game ... right now they gave everyone 10ooo g to toy around with over this qaulifying season as well as All skills and abilities unlocked ... so means u can go a lil wild on artificing  [crafting]  as far as spells and skills well ppl in the game are always willing to show u builds and give tips , those of us playing dont mind as we kn how hard it can be sometimes especially after being away for so long. And on that note alot of the original players aka vets are also coming back and giving feedback ... im sure Bossman would love some extra feedback.

But hey im not getting paid ot endorse or promote i just  am trying to do my part in helping rebuild our growing community .... anyhow   come into the game and see for urself ... I myself played sporadically after Dec.14 of as i wasnt impressed w/ the age of chosen but the recent developments have got my interests and alot of others peaked so i wouldnt say itd be a waste.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

• ares545ares545 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Neverknow

Originally posted by thilliam

Bossman

Whatever. Hey, send some more e-mails calling people losers, that did you REAL good last time. Anyway, sorry but you only get one shot at a first impression, and you fired blanks.

I do have to admit, Auran's marketing team was absolutely RETARDED for sending out that email, but in no way does that justify saying the game is bad.

I am one of the veteran's who played Fury since beta, and when the times were good in Fury, it was FUN as hell. The competition was absolutely amazing and the combat system allowed for the top ranked players to constantly produce tactical counters you won't find in any other MMORPG.

Fury was great, and it still has the potential to be. There are two steps to this process, however. First, the game needs to be fixed, which is in the process. They removed all insanely overpowered proc gear and are actually listening to the community for change ideas. The second, is marketing. This is what the Fury League is and is working very well. Myself and many of the skills players I know are thinking about coming back for the tournament itleast, which is a start in creating a large population.

Heres to Fury! A game that (could) be one of the best.

"I love this show" -gir

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Neverknow

Dead dogs should be buried. Rotten dead dogs should be cremated. So someone hold a flame to Fury, 'cause it's ripe and ready for cremation.
    Rotten Dead Dogs would be a good name for a mmog.

RDDO: Rotten Dead Dogs Online