Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Developer Profile - Per Storløkkenn

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Every month, the folks from Funcom provide us with a new developer profile Q&A, telling us just a little bit more about the people behind Age of Conan. This time around, it's Per Storløkkenn, a Gameplay Designer.

MMORPG.com:

Can you remember your first video game? How often did you play, what other games had an influence on you?

Per Storløkkenn:

One of the first games I remember playing repeatedly was a Space Invaders clone on the VIC-20 that I think was called Battlefield. I also remember playing the first Donkey Kong on a handheld. I never played a lot when I was young, that came later.

There isn’t one game that has influenced me a lot; there are rather many games that each has influenced me a little. However, when I started gaming “for real” two of the games that I spent the most time on were QuakeWorld: TeamFortress and Ultima Online - they both represent the type of game I prefer. They both gave me (to some degree unintentionally) a lot of freedom as a player. In QW:TF the unintentional gameplay made the game; it’s a fact of life that rocket jumps, grenade jumps, and triple pipe jumps are fun!

Read more here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hey,

Thanks for the post, I thought the interview was o.k.  I mean he really didnt go tooo deep into the conversation.  It kinda sounded (read) like it was bland.  I prefer interviews were the person being questioned is somewhat i dunno energetic?  Anyway its always nice to see what the devs are thinking

• TordakTordak Member Posts: 285

IDK, I took it as an interview with a fairly modest, level headed guy that's been around the block a couple times, in an unforgiving industry. 

* Life is not black or white, it's shades of grey. But, at it's best/worst, it hints at 32bit color. -Me (a.k.a. RuthlessTimes)

* I do not need to know how to make a better game than you. I just need to know how to cancel my subscription. -Antarious(a slight misquote but the sentiment remains)

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by Tordak

IDK, I took it as an interview with a fairly modest, level headed guy that's been around the block a couple times, in an unforgiving industry. 

I agree. It was very nice to see an interview with someone like him. Also cause he is Comp Eng. like me *flex*!

Oh and I love your avatar there Tordak, fear the Hyppy. (Hyppi?)

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• TordakTordak Member Posts: 285
    Originally posted by Meltdown

Originally posted by Tordak

I agree. It was very nice to see an interview with someone like him. Also cause he is Comp Eng. like me *flex*!

Oh and I love your avatar there Tordak, fear the Hyppy. (Hyppi?)

lmao    ....<shout>Out of my garden! ...<low grumble>You stinking whipper snappers.    ...<turn back and shout>You'll get me busted!

* Life is not black or white, it's shades of grey. But, at it's best/worst, it hints at 32bit color. -Me (a.k.a. RuthlessTimes)

* I do not need to know how to make a better game than you. I just need to know how to cancel my subscription. -Antarious(a slight misquote but the sentiment remains)

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

Extremely solid interview and seemingly a great credible source. I enjoyed his honesty and straight-forwardness.

Isaiah 41:10
  • NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202

Buck Angel works at Funcom! This explains so much!

image .............image