Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets reveal the truth about the performance issue

DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290

In recent interview, Funcom has stated (for my surprise) that the minority is having performance issue only, and majority are ok... It has even appointed that some is having 'stellar performance'...

Unfortunatelly I am one of the minority who is not having a good performance on FPS, speciallyu on crowded small palces... Funny thing is that everyone else that I spoke is complaining about that. Well, I guess I have met all the minority that Funcom has spoken of, then... And have not meet the majority yet...

Therefore lets be VERY honest and answer this poll to see if thats truth or not, I reall y want to know if its a minority that is having performance issue or not...

If possible, please state your rig and vote when commenting.

(consider bad performance as being unable to play right on crowded places and bad fps, something about 10-15 fps on less crowded places with a few freezes up for caching on HD or simple 'stall').

Mine is a low/medium machine (2 GB, Geforce 8600 GT 512 MB and Dual Core 2) on a Win XP and I am having several performance issues.

Edit: Since there was the complain of someone about lacking another option, which is truth, everyone who has :

'I have a high end machine and have a good performance *ONLY* when thumb down the graphics. '

Please vote on:

'I have a high end machine and have a good performance even without thumbing down the graphics'

In that way we can still know if the performance issue is a problem of minority (assuming that someone with high end equip should have good performance) or not.

Comments

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

And just to get past another hump. All versions of conan (public/closed) are having performance issues with a % of the players that wasn't there before to many. The good news is that doesn't break NDA because closed is allowed to discuss up to level 13 and there are performance issues between 1-13, so...

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Can you add an "I don't have AoC beta but I'd like to see the results of the poll." because some people don't have AoC beta but would like to see the results of the poll... plz.

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

the game runs about as well as can be expected on a PoS rig with a PoS card.  I can't complain too much, was shocked it ran at all.

That being said, I was on the OB last night for about 3, 3.5 hours and only had one crash the entire time and the only times I had graphic 'lag' was when I entered a new area for the first time or I played around with my graphics settings.

Most of the time I got better than 10fps and on a x1300pro, that isn't too bad :)

• WarblazeWarblaze Member UncommonPosts: 178

Pentium DC 2.8 Gig, 2048 MB ram,  8800GT  512 MB and Win XP.  The performance on my pc was truly horrible, in the wilds i was playing with a steady 30 fps. In Tortage city however, i was hitching around with a whopping 7 frames per second on low/medium settings.  I asked in general chat if others were having the same issue,  and a lot of people told me they did. 

• LashersLashers Member Posts: 186

I have a quad core, 4gb ram and 8800 gt 512 mb.  running the game well at medium settings.  around low 60's fps.  and using vista premium 64

• TheGreyManTheGreyMan Member Posts: 325

must this topic be repeated 100 times a day...

• LashersLashers Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by TheGreyMan

must you always use teeny weeny green font??  emeril says you should pump it up.  BAM!  bigger font

• DomenicusDomenicus Member UncommonPosts: 290

I am sorry, Is there any poll like this around? or 99?

After shoooing the troll, I'd take the time also to remember that it would be good to us to be sincere, to have a better picture of how we are running the game. I ask the fanboys and haters to be honest. I am not trying to criticize the game (which I enjoy) or praise it. I am worried about the future the  game, I feel that we need to know the truth about this , so we can know if it is a personal problem with our hardware or if its really a problem with the client.

Thanks for the attention.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

E8400, 4 gigs ram, X-Fi gamer, WD640gb 16mb cache drive, 8800GT 512, XP32

60FPS when bloom is off, 10 sec or less load times while in game

One tweak to rule them all!

(And believe me...I would be the first to complain...ask my LOTRO friends...)

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

quad core intel, windows xp sp2, 4gb ram, 8800gtx 768mb

I have great performance with everything maxed out and even aa on.  great is like 30-40 with that setup.  If I drop a few things I can get into the 60s will stuff still pretty high.

That said I have huge stalling issues in instances that take a long time to clear up.  Any of the instance dungeon areas will be completely frozen for 2-3 seconds on zone in.  Then you can move stall move stall.  As you move around it is compiling stuff and stalling starts decreasing.  The problem is there are mobs there trying to kill you while you are waiting for 1-3 second stall to clear...

I have another idea for fixing this issue I'll test tonight ;)

---
    Ethion

• NotNiceDinoNotNiceDino Member Posts: 320

You do realize that since you didn't give "...good performance after thumbing down the settings..." as an option that your not really asking the question in a valid way right?

By cutting out the option you didn't want to see, you skewed the results. I for instance would fit into the catagory "I have a high end PC and I get good performance after thumbing down the settings" which I suspect is true for a lot of people, and I further suspect you knew that was the case and that it would hurt your arguement, so you didn't offer it as an option.

So in essence this is just more of the same hate trolling with a inherantly biased poll thrown on top in order to make it look valid.

Active: WoW

Semi-retired: STO

Fully retired: UO, EQ, AC, SWG, FFXI, DDO:EU, PoTBS, AoC, EvE

Tried: EQ2, Tabula Rasa, Auto-Assault, Isteria, LotRO, Wizard 101

Looking forward to: Star Citizen

Originally posted by NotNiceDino

You do realize that since you didn't give "...good performance after thumbing down the settings..." as an option that your not really asking the question in a valid way right?
    By cutting out the option you didn't want to see, you skewed the results. I for instance would fit into the catagory "I have a high end PC and I get good performance after thumbing down the settings" which I suspect is true for a lot of people, and I further suspect you knew that was the case and that it would hurt your arguement, so you didn't offer it as an option.
    So in essence this is just more of the same hate trolling with a inherantly biased poll thrown on top in order to make it look valid.
    In fact, you are right in some point, I really forgot to put that option, but only because, in my opinion, if you have a high end computer you WILL have a good performance, however a few people with a good computer or was having a stellar performance or a bad one even thumbing down it (as you can see in the poll). I havent heard anyone with a high computer thumning down and having a good performance (strangely as it seens). If I was a 'troll', little fanboy, I wouldnt put the options of good performance on good computers. But you are right on one point, I should have put this option. But that do not invalidate the poll, because what we see, mostly (including YOUR answer) is that even high end computers are NOT working the game properly as it should, however something up to 20% is... The poll was to discover if there was a minority, as they stated, who was having performance problems (relating your rig with the requisites of the game), and as we can see, WITH YOUR OPTION INCLUDING, that this isnt truth, so far...

Originally posted by Domenicus

After shoooing the troll, I'd take the time also to remember that it would be good to us to be sincere, to have a better picture of how we are running the game. I ask the fanboys and haters to be honest. I am not trying to criticize the game (which I enjoy) or praise it. I am worried about the future the  game, I feel that we need to know the truth about this , so we can know if it is a personal problem with our hardware or if its really a problem with the client.

80% of topics here are on this

Originally posted by whitewolf

must you always use teeny weeny green font??  emeril says you should pump it up.  BAM!  bigger font

is this ok for you

Oh, sorry then, can you appoint a POLL (not a topic) like this? I havent see none. Thank you.

• NotNiceDinoNotNiceDino Member Posts: 320

In fact, you are right in some point, I really forgot to put that option, but only because, in my opinion, if you have a high end computer you WILL have a good performance, however a few people with a good computer or was having a stellar performance or a bad one even thumbing down it (as you can see in the poll). I havent heard anyone with a high computer thumning down and having a good performance (strangely as it seens). If I was a 'troll', little fanboy, I wouldnt put the options of good performance on good computers. But you are right on one point, I should have put this option. But that do not invalidate the poll, because what we see, mostly (including YOUR answer) is that even high end computers are NOT working the game properly as it should, however something up to 20% is... The poll was to discover if there was a minority, as they stated, who was having performance problems (relating your rig with the requisites of the game), and as we can see, WITH YOUR OPTION INCLUDING, that this isnt truth, so far...

No, we don't see that isn't the truth, we a see a poll that you set to make it appear that way by leaving off what I expect is truth... that most players can see acceptable performance by tweaking the settings. Your poll doesn't test for that so it isn't imperical... and since it's not impirical, it's meaningless. You should have learned all this in school.

Active: WoW

Semi-retired: STO

Fully retired: UO, EQ, AC, SWG, FFXI, DDO:EU, PoTBS, AoC, EvE

Tried: EQ2, Tabula Rasa, Auto-Assault, Isteria, LotRO, Wizard 101

Looking forward to: Star Citizen

• elondorelondor Member Posts: 171

3ghz duel core, 4 gigs of ram, geforce 8800 gts 320 meg card.  conan runs so poorly on my computer I have uninstalled it already.

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

I have a low end machine, and I get good performance on low settings. To be honest, I haven't even tried high settings. I don't see the point. My machine is low end, and I don't expect miracles.

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

I've heard alot of people having trouble with the 8800 series...  Is it the drivers maybe for that card?

Could it be support for DX9 through Vista is the cause for some of the problems?  How does Vista handle DX9?  Is it a true DX9 or is it emulated though DX10?  (I'll admit, I do not know much about Vista...)  But it seems alot of the people who are complaining are running Vista (a possible common denominator as it were), yet people like me on XP are having a 'playable' gaming experience on far less of a computer...  (and like I said before, my computer looks like a commodore 64 compared to some of these rigs)

• ArturslArtursl Member Posts: 24

C2D 2.4GHZ, 8800gtx, 4 gigs of ram, considering, that my PC is not that new (its ok, but there is a lot sicker stuff out there) the performance is nice on everything maxed out.

At first it was really horrible, and I mean REALLY horrible, couldnt play it, defragmented my drive and voila, minor freezes are almost non-existant. Yeah, of course, it could be a lot better, but atm its quite playable, and I bet they will keep improving it.

Oh, sorry then, can you appoint a POLL (not a topic) like this? I havent see none. Thank you.

poll doesnt make a difference

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

In recent interview, Funcom has stated (for my surprise) that the minority is having performance issue only, and majority are ok... It has even appointed that some is having 'stellar performance'...
    Unfortunatelly I am one of the minority who is not having a good performance on FPS, speciallyu on crowded small palces... Funny thing is that everyone else that I spoke is complaining about that. Well, I guess I have met all the minority that Funcom has spoken of, then... And have not meet the majority yet...
    Therefore lets be VERY honest and answer this poll to see if thats truth or not, I reall y want to know if its a minority that is having performance issue or not...
    If possible, please state your rig and vote when commenting.

(consider bad performance as being unable to play right on crowded places and bad fps, something about 10-15 fps on less crowded places with a few freezes up for caching on HD or simple 'stall').

Mine is a low/medium machine (2 GB, Geforce 8600 GT 512 MB and Dual Core 2) on a Win XP and I am having several performance issues.

Ok, if anyone frequents the AoC boards, my name is Hawke...

To just say you have 2gigs of RAM and a Dual Core 2 CPU isn't saying a lot at all.

What are the exact specs of your system?  Motherboard, manufacturer, when you received it, screen resolution, your drivers for your audio, video, motherboard, etc...

Need more info.

This what you are doing isn't going to cut it.

• sipussipus Member UncommonPosts: 23

DC 2.8 hz 4gig of ram vista 32 sp1 ATI  HD 3850 512 memory.When I start beta i was on XP and game was horrid for me with 20 fps most.I siwch to vista 32 sp1 and I get 60ish fps outsite city and 25-30 in tortuga day time.Graphic on medium with AAx2 and bloom off, Shader 2x

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I have to agree with the poster that said polls don't matter.  There is far too much variety of experience, and too much variety in individual knowledge/ability in adjusting configurations, for a few generic poll options to produce any useful information.  That being said, it only costs $5.00 to get the 3-day headstart with the "real" client.  Doesn't seem like an unreasonable investment to me to pay five dollars, play for 3 days, if the performance still sucks, cancel your pre-order.  Problem solved.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

No, we don't see that isn't the truth, we a see a poll that you set to make it appear that way by leaving off what I expect is truth... that most players can see acceptable performance by tweaking the settings. Your poll doesn't test for that so it isn't imperical... and since it's not impirical, it's meaningless. You should have learned all this in school.

I just wonder in which school you learned about 'empirical (not impirical).

From wikipedia, to you : "Empirical data is data that is produced by experiment or observation.[1]."

There we have that every knowledge personally gathered is more or less empirical, thus bases itself on experience and observation (on a very personal basis), especially SENSORIAL with no innate ideas... And thats what we are asking for, the empirical knowledge gathered for every experience. The poll set in here is to see about THAT empirical experience and not to SET an empirical experience. I want to know what the people are feeling about performance, to see if the statement of Funcom is truth or not. If its not truth, we let them know that several are having this issue and its time to concentrate on it, if its not truth, move along and let the minority suffer a little bit more.

Of course it is empirical, and I tried to form a base even being empirical, some basis knowledge. OF COURSE what is good for me isnt to you, my compairsons are not like yours, however we can have a thin common ground between (again, read it and you will see me trying to set this common ground of what is good and what is bad, and asking people to go for those guidances... Nevertheless will always be empirical).

And of course its not statiscally right, on a pure scientific form, but neither is the Funcom response about 'having star performance' and a majority with no performance issue. Its not the objective of this poll to be scientific, but a BASIS as it is the statement of Funcom, exactly to relate to that.

What you forgot to point is that more than 50% of people is having bad performance in this poll... 42% have high end machine and HAVE bad performance even thumbing down... What amazes me is a fanboy who try to explain how empirical is a poll, only to SUPPORT their fanboysm.

And you know whats funny? That fanboys hurt games a LOT more than haters, in this case, specifically we can try to give a message to Funcom that there is, indeed, performance troubles to the majority... If you let the illusinon that its all ok, a lot of people will leave the game for performance issue, which is very sad because this is a HELL OF A GAME and will destroy the game in long term (do not forget that WAR is coming and that cartoonish game certaintly run smoothly). So, lets be a little more constructive (which means NOT being a fanboy) and try to pass EMPIRACALLY , the truth to Funcom, because if the poll is empirical, what do you think is the opinion of the 'majority' that the Funcom has stated? Ah, thas not empircal, right?

By the way, I answered a poll of OB from funcom asking about my performance... If you are on beta you should have the same mail. What you asked then? That you cant answer because good and bad performance are empirical experiences and polls cant do that?