Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: High Elf Swordmaster Class Overview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Our Warhammer Class Overview series continues this week as MMORPG.com Managing Editor Jon Wood speaks with WAR Combat and Careers Strike Team Lead about the High Elf Swordmaster class.

Have you ever wished that you could play a character who was so good with the sword that you could walk toward a curtain of arrows with nothing but the cold steel in his hands to deflect the incoming onslaught? Well, now you can with the High Elf Swordmaster of Hoeth in Warhammer Online.

Late last week, I had a quick opportunity to sit down to talk with Adam Gershowitz, the Combat and Careers Strike Team Load over at EA Mythic about this class in our continuing Class Overview series.

The Swordmaster of Hoeth (name generally shortened just to Swordmaster) is a formidable opponent. Master of the blade, she has the ability to cut her foes down not only with the cold steel in her hands, but also through the mysteries of magic.

Read the whole article here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

no clicky on here ;)

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

lol now it is :)

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Those hands in the pics are a little too big and awkward, but sounds like a pretty fun class.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• LearyLeary Member Posts: 49

This game has taken just too damn long to come to fruition. I have lost all interest. Now to change my avatar...

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Path of Khaine eh?

/chuckle

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• Darkz0rDarkz0r Member Posts: 78

Typo found:

"The Swrodmaster's mastery paths are as follows:"

And no, my eyes are not used to reading like a normal person.

Cool class, but I bet it will fail like most "elven" dodge based tank classes games have to offer. :O

• IndoIndo Member Posts: 252

Awesome!!! We need more MMO's with elves....

• gholstongholston Member Posts: 83

Elves...  yay.  Somehow I feel like its groundhog day.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Darkz0r

Typo found:

Cool class, but I bet it will fail like most "elven" dodge based tank classes games have to offer. :O

I bet you'll fail at being an elven swordmaster in RL.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• phc_docphc_doc Member Posts: 132

Sounds like the tanks have alot more to offer than your standard taunt>swing>shield bash.  Looks great!

• PolyformistPolyformist Member Posts: 57

Interesting Tank design.   Sounds like it will be challenging to play. =) 

I have seen allot of classes that just plain look cool for this game!

---Retired---
    WAR - Lots
    Vanguard - Lots

---Live---
    WoW - LOTS
    EQ - LOTS

• StytchesStytches Member UncommonPosts: 2

Looks like a fantastic class!

I can't wait to disembowel the fruity lot of them 

+1

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

Oh man, this is aweome!  I can't tell you how long I have been waiting for this!  I can't believe that an MMO company has FINALLY put elves with swords into one of their games!  This is the game I've been waiting for!

OMG!!!  I just read up more on this Warhammer Online.  Apparently they have Orcs and Dwarves too!  This is so incredibly badass!  Talk about cutting edge stuff!  To top it all off this game *might* even hit the shelves by 2010!  Great stuff here!  Thanks for keeping us posted!

(sorry, some things i just can't help <3 )

• A_N_T_IA_N_T_I Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by Darkz0r

Typo found:

I bet you'll fail at being an elven swordmaster in RL.

ditto. I'll NEVER be an elven swordmaster. ;_;

Hello there, adventurer!

• TehWarsmithTehWarsmith Member Posts: 19

Swordmasters = extremely effeminate Jedi with a little Sephiroth thrown in.

Is it bad that they're the only High Elf class I'm looking forward to? :D

*flips out and kicks ass*

“Everything’s standard pattern! This is the Imperial fething Guard! Standard pattern boots, standard pattern mess tins, standard pattern bodybags! I’m a standard pattern infantryman, you’re a standard pattern no-neck, and any second now my standard pattern fist is going to send your nose bone back into your very sub-standard pattern brain!” – Sergeant Ceglan Varl

• Drgnprpht999Drgnprpht999 Member Posts: 141

I'm usually only good with tank classes and I'm already looking forward to playing as a Blackguard (Seems like it will play like WoW Warriors) and if they don't quite turn out as I hope I might play a swordmaster. They just sound like that will be a fun class overall. I like the idea of changing the elements of your sword and also being able to convert physical damage into magical damage.

Deviant Art: http://ramenninja.deviantart.com/

MMOs Played: EverQuest 1 and 2, Ryzom, Horizons/Istaria, Planetside (BFRs ruined it), WoW, GuildWars, CoH/CoV, Lineage 2, FFXI, Random free MMOs

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Okay, so I was looking for some lore on the Swordmaster on Google and came across this. My Swordmaster isn't even 10 yet, but I'm not too sure this class lives up to the hype that was raised in this article. For one, it is a common argument that greatsword using SM's only get 5-15% more dmg than a s/s SM and that S/S is just better overall, which is contrary to the description given. I also haven't seen a ability that converts your regular dmg to magic dmg, but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I'm looking for him to animate some casting motion that throws or touches a damaging spell upon his opponent. I received a sword attack that does spirit dmg, but I don't think this is worthy of they "covert physical dmg to magic dmg" hype in this article.

Lastly, they speak of deflecting arrows in the air. Are there any higher level SM's that can confirm this?

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.