Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destined Legends US PvE (Raiding) Guild EST

EvilfudEvilfud Member Posts: 20
Destined Legends

What is your destiny?

Guild Name: Destined Legends

Guild Forums: Links removed due to Link jacking by "The Ominious"

Guild Website:

Main Time Zone:Eastern Standard (EST)

Guild Leader or Recruiter: Evilfud (GL) Kiljaden (RO)

Guild Category(PvE,PvP,Raid,Other):Raids/PvE/PvP

Roleplay: No

Voice: Ventrilo server

Recruiting members status: Open recruitment - Guardians = Low

Server type: PvE

Platform (PC, Xbox360): PC

Overview:

Destined Legends is a PvE hardcore raiding guild based in the US East Coast Timezone. We will be the top raiding guild on the server. We will maintain a large guild city, support for guild crafters, and will most likely dabble in Border Kingdoms Keep sieging - though raiding comes first. We will use a modified form of DKP looting for bosses.
To be a member Destined Legends means that you have a strong sense of maturity and fellowship with your guildmates. As a member of Destined Legends, you will be one of the elite, meaning you know what to do, how and when to do it, and how to improvise when the situation changes as we will be one of the pioneers in developing AoC endgame raid strategies.
Though we do say Hardcore, we do have a place for Casual players in Destined Legends. If you can't or don't want to spend the time raiding requires, but still enjoy grouping, crafting, pvp, and the chance to get a spot in a raid if we're low on your class that day, you would enjoy our guild as well.

Communication:

Communication is key in raiding, and as such you will be required to check the forums for posted raid boss strategies and information, as well as be on our Ventrilo server during a raid - even if it's just to listen. During boss fights there will be no chatter, laughter, or talking whatsoever on vent that does not directly pertain to killing the boss; though during trash mobs we will mostly permit it. When the raid leader speaks or says "clear vent", all chatter ceases immediately. Keep in mind, guildies will not yell at other guildies; if a mistake is made then it is to be quickly corrected, and we move on.

Progression:

In order for a guild to progress in raiding, we will need to support each other - whether it be helping crafting, running instances with guildies for loot, or passing on a piece of loot because someone else needs it more. All three of these things will be key to progressing as quickly and effectively as possible, as a unit. Remember that if an item is a bigger upgrade for another player and you pass on it, the guild's strength as a whole increases more, allowing us to more easily kill the next boss getting us better loot.

Rules:

1. When grouping with non-guildies, members of Destined Legends will maintain a mature and professional demeanor.

2. Forum trolling, chat spamming, and generally making an ass out of yourself in public while you wear our tag is not permitted. If you have a dispute with a non-guildie, simply ignore them; flexing your epeen over chat does nothing but make you look like an idiot in the end.

3. Disrespecting other guild members will not be tolerated, and we operate a strong No Drama policy - if you have a dispute with a guild member, get an officer to mediate, that's part of the reason officers exist in guilds. Thankfully in Age of Conan we're all adults, let's act like adults; even if we are playing a video game.

4. Alts are permitted in guild, and will be marked as such, though raid gear will ONLY go toward Main characters. The only exceptions will be (a) in the event that you roll another class for guild needs and (b) the guild has advanced to the next tier and no Mains need the gear.

It's a video game. No, really:

Video games are for fun, and the purpose of Destined Legends is not to take the fun out of AoC like most hardcore guilds, but rather to enhance it with senses of accomplishment and teamwork, and of course: Killing Big Shit. The reason we have rules is not to enforce our will on members, but rather to create an atmosphere where there is no drama, no disrespect, and less endless wiping.
We fully understand that Age of Conan is indeed a video game, real life is far more important than a video game. While we are hardcore, we're not going to set unrealistic expectations; we are looking at 3-5 raid nights depending on launch content. If ever you need to take a break, please let us know and there should be no problem; we understand that players can get burnt out after a lot of raiding (which is part of the reason we're going to do Keep sieging among other things on offnights). This again ties into the all-important communication: if something happens let us know so we can quickly find a way to pick up the slack while you're gone.

Recruitment requirements:

-Are you 18+, mature, and respectful?

-Do you understand the importance of teamwork and supporting guildies for guild progression?

-Do you strive to excel at your class?

-Are you willing to listen, execute on command, and learn?

-Previous raid experience is always a plus, but not a solid requirement.

You must register and post an application at http://www.destinedlegends.com/forums to be considered for acceptance into the guild. We hope to hear from you.

Comments

• Diablo19Diablo19 Member Posts: 4

This is going to be a great guild everyone. So far we have a great looking website and forum going. Come visit our forums and apply if you are interested.

• EvilfudEvilfud Member Posts: 20

Still looking for members!

Fud

• GremdarGremdar Member Posts: 5

Just joined and have to say good grp of people

Bump Still looking for you hardcore guys!

Fud

*EDIT* I want people to know we do also plan to do city building and PvP on offtimes/offdays etc.

New Look!

Evilfud

Important Update!

We have roughly 25+ Members and growing rapidly.

We now have a place for casual gamers and crafters etc. in our guild!

I have edited the top with the following.

Though we do say Hardcore, we do have a place for Casual players in Destined Legends. If you can't or don't want to spend the time raiding requires, but still enjoy grouping, crafting, pvp, and the chance to get a spot in a raid if we're low on your class that day, you would enjoy our guild as well.

Todays Monty Python quote

"Sir Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.

Sir Galahad: I don't think I was.

Sir Lancelot: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.

Sir Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.

Sir Lancelot: No, it's too perilous.

Sir Galahad: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.

Sir Lancelot: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on.

Sir Galahad: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?

Sir Lancelot: No. It's unhealthy.

Sir Galahad: I bet you're gay.

Sir Lancelot: Am not. "

Monty Python quote of the day

"King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who."

Todays Monty Python quote of the day!

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.

Black Knight: Yes I have.

King Arthur: *Look*!

Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

Todays Monty Python Quote of The Day!

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Who goes there?

King Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Pull the other one!

King Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? Ridden on a horse?

King Arthur: Yes!

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You're using coconuts!

King Arthur: What?

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.

King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?

King Arthur: We found them.

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!

King Arthur: What do you mean?

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone

King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?

King Arthur: Please!

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Am I right?

Todays Quote!

[QUOTE]The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.

[a man puts a body on the cart]

Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.

The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: What?

Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.

The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.

Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.

The Dead Collector: He isn't.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.

Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.

The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.

Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.

The Dead Collector: I can't take him.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.

Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.

The Dead Collector: I can't.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.

The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.

Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?

The Dead Collector: Thursday.

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.

Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?

The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.

[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]

Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.

The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.

Large Man with Dead Body: Right.[/QUOTE]

Todays Quote

[QUOTE]Mr Smoke-Too-Much: I saw your add in the "Bolour" Supplement.

Bounder: The what?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: The Bolour Suppliment.

Bounder: The Colour Supplement.

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Yes, I'm sorry, I can't say the letter B.

Bounder: C?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Yes, that's right. It's all due to a trauma I suffered when I was a "sbool" boy. I was attacked by a bat.

Bounder: A cat?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: No, a bat.[/QUOTE]

The Guild "The Ominous" was hijacking our link but im sure its only because they suck so bad they have to revert to black hat tactics to get people to their crappy site.

Evilfud