Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Warcraft: Lich King to Unleash Wrath on China

SzarkSzark News ManagerAnna Regina, NSPosts: 4,420Member

Blizzard has announced that they have updated their agreements with The9 and Soft-World to support World of Warcraft's Wrath of the Lich King expansion in China, and the regions of the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

We're pleased to announce that our agreements with The9, our World of Warcraft partner in mainland China, and Soft-World, our World of Warcraft partner in the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau, have been updated to include the localization, operation, and support of Wrath of the Lich King for players in their respective regions. Further news, including release plans for each region, will be announced closer to launch.

Read more here.

Comments

• yossarian909yossarian909 Lubbock, TXPosts: 8Member

Whew!

For a minute there I was afraid all those wonderful farmers would be left out. 

• jdnewelljdnewell Spring Hill, TNPosts: 2,150Member Uncommon

YAY!!!

The gold farmers  working for 25cents a day will  be pleased

• WoWownsallWoWownsall Langham, SKPosts: 17Member

Call it racism, but until y'all show me that the majority of gold farmers and virtual sweatshops are in the area of east Asia, i will stand by this. Blizzard is making a big market open. China, is a big country. But how many people in China who own computers will play World of Warcraft and not gold farm. Most of the population of China is peasant farmers, who definitely won't have computers, and even if they did, there would be no internet access.

• fatpandafatpanda Redondo Beach, CAPosts: 92Member

China had 220 million broadband users by the end of 2007. Top broadband countries in 2007: China, USA, Japan, Germany. So they have plenty of internets.

• yegnatsyegnats Irving, TXPosts: 157Member

Ummm, do any of you realize that the chinese people that play the localized chinese version of WoW are not the gold farmers that we see on our American/European/Oceanic servers? Well, maybe when they are on their time off. Not that this is going to affect the amount of gold farmers on our servers. But, I just thought it would be nice to mention.

Once you go go whack, you'll never go back.

What is this "whack", you say? Check out the links!
    http://www.thenewmystics.com
    http://www.joyrevolution.com
    http://www.thenewecstatics.co.uk

• OrthedosOrthedos Gresham, ORPosts: 1,771Member
    Originally posted by yossarian909

Whew!
    For a minute there I was afraid all those wonderful farmers would be left out. 

Cut the crap.  Gold farmed in the localised version of WoW in china will not be sold in USA or Europe.  They stay in the Chinese servers.  Unless you play in the Chinese servers, in which case you should welcome the expansion.

• kitsunegirlkitsunegirl Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 525Member

I think a good number of chinese farmers play on the US servers... its a good market, LOTS of americans play wow. Theyd be cutting out a significant portion of income if they just stuck to China.

So either the gold farmers from china are playing on US-wow, or there are some American farmers that have suck-tacular grammar/spelling.

Also please look up the real meaning of racism before using the word. Thanks.