Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: High Elf: Shadow Warrior and Archmage

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The team at EA Mythic has provided us with these two screenshots of High Elves. The first is the Shadow Warrior, master of the bow, while the other is the Archmage, a spell slinger.

Check out both shots here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

boy i gonna enjoy kill'n those pretty boys.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

/agree

Kill them all.  Legolas, Liggolahs, Leggolus, Lehgohlass, etc.,..

The prettiest thing about a High Elf should be the tombstone they are sleeping under. 

• feacfeac Member UncommonPosts: 127

/makes sure his arrows are nice and sharp ready for the above 2 posters

:D

• Drgnprpht999Drgnprpht999 Member Posts: 141

Well I guess I better get my thralls to bring out my Blackguard armor and glaive...I'm going to enjoy this.

Deviant Art: http://ramenninja.deviantart.com/

MMOs Played: EverQuest 1 and 2, Ryzom, Horizons/Istaria, Planetside (BFRs ruined it), WoW, GuildWars, CoH/CoV, Lineage 2, FFXI, Random free MMOs

• ZanthornZanthorn Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Drgnprpht999

Well I guess I better get my thralls to bring out my Blackguard armor and glaive...I'm going to enjoy this.

hehe , i got your left flank, lets rip'em to shreds

• ZeGerman1942ZeGerman1942 Member Posts: 199

incredible... those sure are some good looking screenshots that tell us all about the race and classes...

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by BlackWatch
    /agree
    Kill them all.  Legolas, Liggolahs, Leggolus, Lehgohlass, etc.,..
    The prettiest thing about a High Elf should be the tombstone they are sleeping under. 

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the little kiddies are going to play the high elf class's. From what Ive seen from poll's, high elf will be the underdogs. If you know anything about Dark Ages of Camelot, the underdogs while smaller in number were some of the fiercest pvp'ers.

• MorrowaterMorrowater Member Posts: 13

WTS High Elf Bows and Arrows, Only been dropped once. PST.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Nice spell effects.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• JoshyrayJoshyray Member UncommonPosts: 49

Anyone eles get the feeling you've seen all this before?

• yegnatsyegnats Member Posts: 157

Anyone notice that the shadow warrior has black eyes, with no pupils, not even an iris? Is this a bug, or an option at character creation? It looks wicked cool, I must say.

Once you go go whack, you'll never go back.

What is this "whack", you say? Check out the links!
    http://www.thenewmystics.com
    http://www.joyrevolution.com
    http://www.thenewecstatics.co.uk

• tapeworm00tapeworm00 Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by Joshyray

Anyone eles get the feeling you've seen all this before?

Yes. But it's still cool as hell.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I'm a WAR fanboi all the way. I have to admit these screenies look eerily similar to a game that came out in 2004.

• skaninskanin Member Posts: 1

ok your killing me what game in 2004 can possibly look even close to this?

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by skanin

ok your killing me what game in 2004 can possibly look even close to this?

Not WoW thats for sure. lol

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by brostyn

I'm a WAR fanboi all the way. I have to admit these screenies look eerily similar to a game that came out in 2004.

Show me a WoW Screen of a robe that is actually split in the front? Show me a WoW character whos eyes strike fear into you like that Shadow Warrior. The details are more pronounced while WoW looks like water color smear.

Also remember that everything you see in WAR is based/drawn from the table top Warhammer Fantasy game that has been around since before blizzard even knew what a computer was.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

What I enjoy about the screens isn't really the characters, but whats behind them. Despite earlier screens, the first one appeared to have alot of detail in the background. Not just the art, but the variety of objects in the scene that all tied together and made it interesting.

These 2 screenshots have been the most interesting ones I have seen yet, but one could expect that as the development has progressed since.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by XImpalerX

Originally posted by brostyn

Show me a WoW Screen of a robe that is actually split in the front? Show me a WoW character whos eyes strike fear into you like that Shadow Warrior. The details are more pronounced while WoW looks like water color smear.

Also remember that everything you see in WAR is based/drawn from the table top Warhammer Fantasy game that has been around since before blizzard even knew what a computer was.

You may think I care about WoW. You would be wrong. I have no screenshots for WoW. Nor do I care to find any. I stated my opinion. If you disagree, then you disagree. I believe it the graphics shown so far are very similar to that other game. It's been said dozens of times, so its not like I'm coming from left field here. There is no reason to get defensive. As long as the gameplay isn't a WoW clone I'd be more than happy.