Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• devilflames3devilflames3 Member Posts: 12

Ok you mean 3 years old like world of warcraft because wow is kinda old too hey.

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

Originally posted by devilflames3

Ok you mean 3 years old like world of warcraft because wow is kinda old too hey.
    why compare ANYTHING to WoW? I hate that game anyway...

Im downloading this right now, actually... just for the sake of playing it and.

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• devilflames3devilflames3 Member Posts: 12

You compare anything to wow if you want it's just a game, plus Wow has a lot of glitches and stuffs. Wow may be the most successful mmorpg in the market actually, but other games will own Wow in terms of qualities and gameplay. But yes, Dark and Light has nothing to do with Wow in terms of graphics, even if Wow's graphics aren't like Lotro ones...

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

I downloaded these images over the last 6 months.  My game settings were: Quality Level = 4 (which is the medium setting), and Detail Level = Low (which is, well the low setting).

I cropped the pectures to get rid of my spell bars at the bottom of the screen, but have not done anything more than that to them.

As you can see they quality is somewhat below what EQ2 is on the higher settings, or Vanguard.  It is less 'vibrant' say than LoTR, and certainly less than WoW, but all-in-all it isn't too shabby either.

I apologize for the quality of my shots, I am (obviosly not the most adept at getting the right lighting and field of view, and looking through them I seem to be real heavy on locations.  Next time I will post NOBs NPCs and other Players.

It really comes down to a matter of taste I suppose.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

This is, quite simply put, the best game ever created.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Originally posted by dalevi1

This is, quite simply put, the best game ever created.
    Sorry, I just had to laugh when I stumbled across this thread and this post in particular. 
  • airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

Any particular point to resurect such an old thread exception of trolling ?

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Originally posted by airstrike

Any particular point to resurect such an old thread exception of trolling ?

It's stickied at the top of the Forums, it's not like it had to be searched to be found.  It's right in the face of everyone.

With all of the lawsuit discussions regarding the graphics engine, I checked it out and found a thread with many people who saw a bunch of pretty pictures and let themselves be convinced by a shady developer that this game was going to change the MMORPG genre.

Yes there is a point.   The MMORPG community needs to remember their own history if they're going to learn from it.    We need to expect more from our developers and not let a bunch of pretty pictures convince us some game is going to rock without any concrete proof.

People shouldn't be allowed forget and threads like this shouldn't be forgotten either.   

If they also provide entertainment value, that's just a bonus.

• herojer11herojer11 Member Posts: 14

These screens shots are very nice...

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

Originally posted by herojer11

These screens shots are very nice...

Indeed!!! Especially the ones that show that PHOTOSHOP was used on them, did you see those ????

how kewl....

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

I personally believe none of you. This game is extraordinary, and I will hear no suggestion otherwise.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by markyturnip

I personally believe none of you. This game is extraordinary, and I will hear no suggestion otherwise.

Although I know you're being sarcastic, I just had to point out that's what Farlan says also.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by markyturnip

I've always wondered why people say this.  I mean, how can crap be extraordinary?

Well I am not sure exactly which screenshots in this thread you were referring to, but the screenshots which I posted here (above) were cropped to get rid of the UI spell bar at the bottom, but were not adjusted in any other way. 

When I took them in-game, I tried to find a moment or an angle that did not include the many balloons or dragon transports, but I certainly am not trying to mislead anyone.

I kind of resent the accusation that I am mis-representing readers here as to exactly what the world looks like.

Now my rig is hardly top of the line, but in an odd way, that seems to work to a players advantage, as those players (like myself) that have older systems seem to have less problems than those with better systems.

It is, I suppose, a further example of how rigid and inflexible the coding is.

But honestly, that's what the in-game world really looks like.

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

Agh, that post was NOT directed at you. HArd to take I realize that something is NOT all about you, but if you even bothered to READ this ENTIRE thread, you would have seen for yourself that it wasnt such a good idea to try and impress anyone with screenshots in this thread.  The thread is riddled with proof of retouched "screenshots" . This, being stickied, is just ONE of the many jokes of DNL.

I believe I added the caveat that I wasn't sure who the criticism was directed at in the first sentence of my post

(If you had even bothered to READ the ENTIRE post that is)

I believe the screenshots speak for themselves, and really have no idea why anyone felt the need to alter them.  I always thought the world looked pretty good.  I believe you have, (grudgingly), said as much before yourself.  It is not perfect of course, it has buildings that 'float' on occation, and is generally at the same level as say DAoC graphically.  However it is the poor performance, bugs, instability, and limited content that are the real problems.

We really are not so far off from each other in our opinion of the game as you seem to think.

/bows

• Nice pic's dood

This game looks pretty sick

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Deefgb

Nice pic's dood

This game looks pretty sick

Should check the dates, you know this game has long been dead/shut down and those pics are from almost 5 yrs ago ROFL!

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

It's a shame what happened because I did enjoy playing this game. Yes it had its bugs but I loved the hugeness of the game world.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377
    Originally posted by solnicaris

It's a shame what happened because I did enjoy playing this game. Yes it had its bugs but I loved the hugeness of the game world.

So play V:SoH, it is a big empty world also, or wait a few more years and play Darkfail it is also a big barren empty world just like DnL was.

• krityckrityc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Prior to release I followed this game hard and heavy due to a friend being in the beta and telling how breath taking the visuals were, and how creative the game design was.

Then at the end of the beta test they said they were releasing the beta version for people to pay for becuase they needed money, and I stopped following the game at that point.

The landsacape looks amazing, but the world looks empty.  Based on the screen shots I'll take a second look at the game.

[(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by krityc

The landsacape looks amazing, but the world looks empty.  Based on the screen shots I'll take a second look at the game.

Uh...

The game is GONE man.

I guess you didn't keep track of this game at all after the "beta" you spoke of. The company that made this game ran out of money, shut down the servers and got into huge legal trouble for several questionable things they did to both their customers and their own employees.

For all intents and purposes this game is DEAD. There are a few insane fanboys who think the Chinese publisher for the game is still funding development in secret but this is proven non-sense as the publisher in question has their own money issues and clearly was working to bury their connection to this game.

So yeah, don't waste your time giving the game a second look. You were smart to jump ship on this disaster when you did.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Why in sweet fuck is this the #2 most anticipated MMORPG?

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• AloremAlorem Member CommonPosts: 2
    DeaconX said:
    Why in sweet fuck is this the #2 most anticipated MMORPG?
    Necro to the days dude...
    Its being completely remade from the ground up, its not the same game. 
    NZ based cynical ex gamer.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Wise! Wise fom yur gwave, dead thread!