Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition to remove Darkfall from MMORPG.COM

KairarrKairarr Member Posts: 114

I read this forum every day and i can tell you it is useless. Some people are bashing the game, some are defending it with broken promises made by the devs. The info is horrible, it is the same promises than 3 years ago. The removal would not  be permanent, but until Darkfall is actually serious about developping the game and not just shitting on their fans like they do right now.

As for me, i believe Darkfall is just a hoax to study human addiction behaviors or some scam to steal money from their investors.

Darkfall brings a lot of shame to mmorpg.com and i think it is time they remove the forum for the greater good.

Sign here :

Comments

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

lol mmorpg.com wont remove it because they know its still in dev seriously are you that blind?

I bet your going to feel pretty stupid in a few months

• Friction2uFriction2u Member Posts: 293
    Originally posted by Kairarr

I read this forum every day and i can tell you it is useless. Some people are bashing the game, some are defending it with broken promises made by the devs. The info is horrible, it is the same promises than 3 years ago. The removal would not  be permanent, but until Darkfall is actually serious about developping the game and not just shitting on their fans like they do right now.
    As for me, i believe Darkfall is just a hoax to study human addiction behaviors or some scam to steal money from their investors.
    Darkfall brings a lot of shame to mmorpg.com and i think it is time they remove the forum for the greater good.
    Sign here :

Nice troll. This thread belongs in the "site suggestions" section of mmorpg, not here.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I agree 100% whole heartedly with the OP. They should remove this game from the site, it is nothing more than false promises and vaporware.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by sinjin

I agree 100% whole heartedly with the OP. They should remove this game from the site, it is nothing more than false promises and vaporware.
    Another AoC fanboy spamming the Darkfall section with "vap0rw4rezzzz!!1!!11"

Why do you guys spam the Darkfall section so much? Bored?

• amoroneamorone Member UncommonPosts: 209

If Hellgate is still allowed on here (why it ever was at all?!?!), then surely Darkfall has it's place too.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by Friction2u

..ahh yes, and fanboy's call trolls immature.  Good ol' Darkfall community    

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Sign here :
    Hey Guys,

We're not going to be removing the game from the site. This is still a game in development according to the company involved. Their game meets our criteria for listing, and from where I sit there is no reason to take it down. We will not take it down until a) the developers tell us that they have stopped production on the game or b) they fail to meet our criteria for listing.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• CaligulugCaligulug Member Posts: 283

/signed

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Stradden

Sign here :
    Hey Guys,

We're not going to be removing the game from the site. This is still a game in development according to the company involved. Their game meets our criteria for listing, and from where I sit there is no reason to take it down. We will not take it down until a) the developers tell us that they have stopped production on the game or b) they fail to meet our criteria for listing.

Hi Jon *wave*
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by mike470

There's no Darkfall community here mate. Four people trying to have proper discussions about Darkfall while the AoC fanboy zerg spams the Darkfall section with various variations of "OMG Darkfail iz vap0rw4r3zzz!!!!11!1" does not make a community.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

I dont see the poblem,If you want it removed from the forum isnt it just as easy to ignore said forum?

There are some ppl that may still hopping that it is released(nope I aint 1 of them,gave up sometime ago on this title) and like to have news from MMORPG.com members.

Also maybe you should change the name of you thread as I think petitions are not allowed on public forums.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

Originally posted by mike470

There's no Darkfall community here mate. Four people trying to have proper discussions about Darkfall while the AoC fanboy zerg spams the Darkfall section with various variations of "OMG Darkfail iz vap0rw4r3zzz!!!!11!1" does not make a community.

There's more than just four fanboy's here (one apparently you).  Also, there are some naysayers in these forums who actually have reasons.  You seem to be basing everyone who thinks this game is vaporware in one category-trolls.  Which is not true if they explain their reasoning.

By the way, what makes your last few posts any better than the ones trolls make on vaporware? 

P.S.  I can't believe my rank dropped from that post  

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by Stradden

Sign here :
    Hey Guys,

You guys must have some easily met criteria's. how much money is it exactly or what kinda proof do you need? i might whip me up a "game" right quick...need to think of a title though brb.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

This game SHOULD stay here as currently.....

It is still in Development.

And it fits the criteria for this website.

Also this game does have its fanbase [some going back from 2001], and there is genuine interest from others. So it does need a forum site so everyone who wants to can contribute [or not] to this interesting game.

And before the Anti-Darkfall Trolls call me something offensive they should know that i am very dubious about the realities of Darkfall and i do still feel that this game wont be that great. I just prefer that any such discussions are Civil and when possable backed up with facts.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

I'm not sure what the criteria are.

They took Adellion off the games  in developement list on the left side of the screen. They must have taken it off because it was taking so long to develop. So I don't see why they couldn't do that for Darkfall.

But i think they should leave it because its an active forum, if nothing else.

Second, make sure that it completes our definition of a MMORPG:

• 500 or more simultaneous players in one world.
      • The game must include some form of graphical common area. This distinction means Diablo II is not considered an MMORPG, while Guild Wars is.
    • It must be graphical...so no text based MUDs.
    • Persistent characters.
    • Some form of character advancement.
    • It must use a true client/server connection.  In other words, no HTML or "web" based games.  Games that run in a browser using Java are OK.
    • Five or more screenshots from inside of the game engine itself.
    • A professional web site free of annoying pop-up ads or Spyware programs and access to some kind of support system.
    • Must fully support English.  This means the client interface, in-game chat, help system and support website must all be in English.

NOTE: At this time we are no longer adding 2D/Isometric games to our list - we will add these again at a later date once we adapt our list to allow feature filtering.

If the game fails to meet any of these criteria, we do not include it on MMORPG.com. Occasionally, we will cover high profile games that have not yet met the screenshot criteria, but they will still not be included in the “Game List”.

That's the criteria..

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409

The only thing useless here is you creating alt account to hate darkfall.

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

I believe they have released enough information to show they have something MMO like in the works. What they have not done is proved what they are working on is functional, however there is potential for it to be proven to be functional so therefore it should stay on this site.

Henning I believe is well known or atleast known in the art world, he must be any way to appear in SFX quite a lot, so the game has some crediblity even if it is very little to go on as I doubt that someone like that would move all the way to greece to work on a game they think will never come out.  Whether it will be any good is another thing though.

• TheodgrimTheodgrim Member Posts: 535

Just go to the first page of this very forum, and browse the topics dated 3 years ago!  Nothing has changed.  Claims of vaporware were rampant, and of course, folks denied it.   Closed beta was "just around the corner" then, as it apparently still is...

I recall getting very excited back in Nov/Dec of 2005.  The devs were going to start the "clan beta" of Darkfall.  I was a member of one clan that recieved an invitation.  My name/email/info was submitted along with the others.  And...yeah.

So I wonder - at what point would these forums cease to serve the best interests of the MMORPG fan?   IMO, we passed that point some time ago. 

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

Sign here :

So...you rather remove DF than Star Trek Online ?

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

I wish we could take all fanboy groups who alliege themselves to one unreleased game or another in one place and let them fight themselves out of existence.  It's so dumb to be so one sided over an unproven game.  Don't listen to any of them.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I wish we could get all the people that want to talk about Darkfall in one forum so that we can talk about Darkfall.

without all these useless mindless trolls.

To All the Haters/bashers/negitive posters.

If you dont want to follow darkfall or if you dont want to play darkfall or if you want darkfall to fail, cool but dont come to the forums that are here for Darkfall fans and follows and post your opionions without backing them up with facts.

Nobody has any facts to back them up expect the fans because we can link Developer logs, which for some reason you haters shoot down with no facts.

I am sorry you have no lifes or nothing better to do then bash a game you dont want to play and if you do want to play, then why would you being bashing the game?  If you are a so called follow of Darkfall why do you bash it, call it vaporware.

Another question that none of you bashers can answer is

Why do the Darkfall Developers have to everything the other companies do?  Why do they have to follow the Tried and True format for releasing a game?  Why cant they do what they want as long as they make a great game?

I will bet you anything you want that when Darkfall comes out, NONE of you haters will make a public thread saying you were wrong and sorry.

I know I will if darkfall gets canceled.  I will post that you haters were right, I was wrong. 

Leave this forum for us people that want to discuss Darkfall.  I just want to come to this forum and talk to others that are waiting for Darkfall, so we can discuss the information we have and debate about things we dont know yet.

Sooner or Later

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

It really pisses me off that Darkfall (Coming out tommorow or ten years from now) gets this type of post. But games like "Shadow of Legend" where the sad developers make forum posts and extra accounts to make the hype high, are still allowed to continue on.

There the real crooks here not Aventine,

-Jive

• zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408

Originally posted by downtoearth

lol mmorpg.com wont remove it because they know its still in dev seriously are you that blind?
    I bet your going to feel pretty stupid in a few months
    Lmfao a few months? i pity you lol

Originally posted by TdogSkal

I wish we could get all the people that want to talk about Darkfall in one forum so that we can talk about Darkfall.
    without all these useless mindless trolls.
    To All the Haters/bashers/negitive posters.
    If you dont want to follow darkfall or if you dont want to play darkfall or if you want darkfall to fail, cool but dont come to the forums that are here for Darkfall fans and follows and post your opionions without backing them up with facts.
    Nobody has any facts to back them up expect the fans because we can link Developer logs, which for some reason you haters shoot down with no facts.
    I am sorry you have no lifes or nothing better to do then bash a game you dont want to play and if you do want to play, then why would you being bashing the game?  If you are a so called follow of Darkfall why do you bash it, call it vaporware.
    Another question that none of you bashers can answer is
    Why do the Darkfall Developers have to everything the other companies do?  Why do they have to follow the Tried and True format for releasing a game?  Why cant they do what they want as long as they make a great game?
    I will bet you anything you want that when Darkfall comes out, NONE of you haters will make a public thread saying you were wrong and sorry.
    I know I will if darkfall gets canceled.  I will post that you haters were right, I was wrong. 
    Leave this forum for us people that want to discuss Darkfall.  I just want to come to this forum and talk to others that are waiting for Darkfall, so we can discuss the information we have and debate about things we dont know yet.
    LEAVE BRITTNEY ALONE!

But seriously, there is nothing wrong for naysayers to talk about the game.  this the the MMORPG.com forums.  If you don't like it, go to the Darkfall forums. 

This discussion has been closed.