Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game will suck.

DrSawDrSaw Member Posts: 81

Cool!  New forum!  There's always a "Why this game will suck" thread every time a new game is announced.  So I just wanted to have the distinct honor of starting this thread here. 

Comments

• MaragoldMaragold Member Posts: 20

This game will suck because all the people who write complaints about games before even playing them won't be in the game to screw it up.

Wait... sorry, that's a big positive.

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

its is earily dev they could fix problems still if they identify them and want to fix them

case in point flying mounts

• aiwe2143aiwe2143 Member UncommonPosts: 73

ROFL yeah there are a certain number of posts that should be started and sticked to the top whenever theyadd a new game in:

for example:

why this game will suck

why this game will fail

this game will be the wow-beater!

There are several more...but you get the gist ^^

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I get a feeling that the main point of this thread will be flaming the OP....

• aiwe2143aiwe2143 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by mike470

You don't eally think that people would start a random flame war based upon the title because they hadn't taken the time to actually read what the guy posted do you?  surely this could never happen here...on a public forum, lol

• HelloKirbyHelloKirby Member CommonPosts: 110

Originally posted by aiwe2143

You don't eally think that people would start a random flame war based upon the title because they hadn't taken the time to actually read what the guy posted do you?  surely this could never happen here...on a public forum, lol

Beware the trolls are coming!    At mmorpg flames wars, spammers, and trolls are a constant danger. 

But.... Thats the fun part.

• GreymainGreymain Member Posts: 15

Even trolls are better than nothing. Providing they generate discussion.  A dead, inactive forum is the one to be feared.

• jagust05jagust05 Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Greymain

Even trolls are better than nothing. Providing they generate discussion.  A dead, inactive forum is the one to be feared.
    Yeah i agree i hate dead forums, especially when you are the one who creates them, lol.

This may be a stupid question, but what is the difference between Flames and trolls...i am pretty new to forums and posting, though i am not new to mmo's.  Just wondering if someone would kindly help me out, thanks!

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

Originally posted by jagust05

Yeah i agree i hate dead forums, especially when you are the one who creates them, lol.

This may be a stupid question, but what is the difference between Flames and trolls...i am pretty new to forums and posting, though i am not new to mmo's.  Just wondering if someone would kindly help me out, thanks!

Flames are personal attacks against another poster.

Trolling is a blatant attempt to stir up anger just for the sake of making people mad -- it is often accomplished by mentioning controversial subjects for no reason or by taking a contrarian stance you don't necessarily even believe in.

What trolling is NOT:   Someone giving his/her honest opinion about a game or game feature, even if that opinion is highly critical.

• jagust05jagust05 Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by Hexxeity

Originally posted by jagust05

Flames are personal attacks against another poster.

Trolling is a blatant attempt to stir up anger just for the sake of making people mad -- it is often accomplished by mentioning controversial subjects for no reason or by taking a contrarian stance you don't necessarily even believe in.

What trolling is NOT:   Someone giving his/her honest opinion about a game or game feature, even if that opinion is highly critical.

Thanks a lot Hexxeity, it is much appreciated

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by DrSaw

Cool!  New forum!  There's always a "Why this game will suck" thread every time a new game is announced.  So I just wanted to have the distinct honor of starting this thread here. 

Dude, what the hell do you know? This could be the next best thing since Wonder Bread and Cheese Puffs for all you know. The game is barely in the beginning of development, and your almighty psychic visions of doom and gloom are supposed to change that?

J/K

Originally posted by aiwe2143

Did I just answer your question?

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by DrSaw

LOL!

Nicely done!

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Because it will.

BOW DOWN TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT! I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE!

Just kidding, but it certainly is an "honor" to start the first thread.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

Originally posted by Ascension08

Because it will.
    BOW DOWN TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT! I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE!
    Just kidding, but it certainly is an "honor" to start the first thread.

Depends by what you mean by "honor"

• saohcsaohc Member Posts: 41

Heh i would like to know what "honor" you speak of as well

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Can't wait till COS get some properly moderated forums up and runing, whilst amusing these sort of threads are the reason I visit MMORPG .com less and less.

• bigups43bigups43 Member Posts: 12

This game could suck. But if the producers stick to what they are promising and delivery a good game upon going live then it wont. This title certainly will not be a WoW killer because it will require entirely too much thought for the average WoWer. I have the blood of WoW on my hands too, dont get me wrong. But I much prefer games with a level of difficulty like and depth like EQ, EvE etc.

But will the game suck, at this point I think not. There is still alot of time for me to be proven wrong though. *crosses fingers*

• Kowboy_KittyKowboy_Kitty Member Posts: 41

"Simply put, we are trying to build the most enjoyable online role-playing game ever created"-CoS

I would'nt give up on them just yet, they are determined. That goal is just rediculous, assuming that they only accomplish one quarter of what they are setting out to do, I would have to say that this game will be amazing.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Is it 1999? Look at the graphics and their website design. Yes, their site matters, because it shows how out of touch with reality they are. It is all very amateurish. Sorry, that's a fact. It's like trying to start an indie car company and saying, "These will be the most beautiful sports cars with the fastest street legal speeds" and then selling Yugos covered in bird shit.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• MaragoldMaragold Member Posts: 20

And I think the exact opposite, all these developers spend all their time and effort making pretty little web sites and game graphics when they should be spending their time on design and good game play.  If I have to play one more pretty game that is boring, I'll puke. 

I don't care if they make the web site out of stick figures as long as the game isn't boring. 

Your car analogy is a little off.  What other game companies do is make pretty concept cars (All art, no function), spending all their time making a 'fake' car.  Then when they actually make the real car they just slap together  a Yogo.   How many times have you been excited about a new MMO only to get into the game and find that ALL it has is pretty graphics and boring game play? 

CoS at least sounds like a game I want to play, where the others (and their pretty web sites) have all bored me in the end.  I wish this new game well, and hope that they don't bother worrying about  the web site.  Just make the game play decent and I'll be happy.  That would be a welcome change.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by levsix

Is it 1999? Look at the graphics and their website design. Yes, their site matters, because it shows how out of touch with reality they are. It is all very amateurish. Sorry, that's a fact. It's like trying to start an indie car company and saying, "These will be the most beautiful sports cars with the fastest street legal speeds" and then selling Yugos covered in bird shit.

Well Graphics has been stated many times as being only being stage 1 of the art... Graphics will be upgraded at a later stage during development.

Look though Jatar's post.

The Website? Who cares as long as the game play is great.

Sooner or Later

Originally posted by levsix

Actually, for your first question, it is 2008 (boy does time fly)!

Secondly, I really question how many people read (at least a little) before they post.  It has been discussed countless times that a) the site is being redone later on and b) there is a graphics revamp.

Same goes for the website, although it is not their highest priority (and it shouldn't be, websites never reflect gameplay).  There will be a new website later on, although I fail to see why so many people seem to think websites are important (considering no one on the team is a webdesigner).

I'm starting to wonder when players will actually learn that graphics don't keep you playing, but the gameplay does.  Don't get me wrong, good graphics are a nice bonus (and CoS WILL have them, the devs are just working out the gameplay first) but good graphics don't keep me subscribes to a game.  The gameplay is what keeps those subscriptions, no one pays to just look at eye candy (or do you?).

The point is, even if CoS wasn't getting a graphics' revamp, why would it matter?  The gameplay is the main priority of any game (countless times this has been proven) and CoS offers the greatest gameplay around.

So, to people who think alike you, there is a graphics revamp and a new site coming on later in the future, be patient.