Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date Poll

ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

When do YOU think Hero's Journey will release? Not Alpha, Not Beta, but full on, public release. Basically the day of the big release party by Simutronics (it better be in Vegas... I might actually goto that VegasCON).

Maybe we should do a betting pool, whoever gets closest to the real date gets something cool from everybody else. Maybe like the equivalant of whatever 10 dollars of RMT currency 6 months after the 'go live' date or something...

My bet is for May 25th 2009. By the way.

Just send my winnings to "Valendros" on the coolest named "RP onry" server.

Comments

• RenessaRenessa Member Posts: 79

Ah - but this is not quite fair. As someone who voted "never", when could I expect to recieve my prize? Also never? Or earliest 2012? That would be a long wait.  

• De4th_M0nKeeDe4th_M0nKee Member Posts: 203

I hope this game comes out, would love to play it. But I won't hold my breath.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he will eat for a month!

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

Actually it release last night via steam direct 2 drive.

I should point out - that this forum uses stupid American dates and its actually one day ahead here in Australia.

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

To be honest, it's a lot less pessimistic as I thought it would be.

Then again, why would people be voting 'never'?

If you truly thought it will never come out, why do you come to the forums and read up on it?

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Uhhh not because we voted never that we wouldnt like the game to come out. One doesnt imply the other.

If you never had fish and i keep telling you fish taste good, everyone also keep telling you fish is great to eat yet you can never taste fish, there will come a point were you will simply not care.

HJ is fish....it's supposedly great and taste yummy.....yet no one has ever had any!

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I'm guessing first 1/2 of 2010. If not by then, probably never. It'd be nice to see it, but no telling what will happen.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Just to show my support I voted 2011, but I have a feeling we aint gonna see it.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

I'm guessing this game will never come out.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Test....

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

The game is back in production. Expected release was 2009 4th Q or early 2010 by what the talks were over on Simu. New screens are up of Quillmore also.

The game could even come out early 2009 possible because the games advanced game designer can easily build an entire area in about 3hrs then another few hours to polish add content to it. With enough devs working the project in theory could be done by early 2009.

I just love the hero engine and what it is capable of doing and think the other game companies who bought it will start to make MMO's quicker. This could be a new standard in fast MMO created games. If anyone is interested please visit and watch the videos here of what is capable.

www.heroengine.com/

Who let you in the VIP section?

Originally posted by Tyres100

The game is back in production. Expected release was 2009 4th Q or early 2010 by what the talks were over on Simu. New screens are up of Quillmore also.
    The game could even come out early 2009 possible because the games advanced game designer can easily build an entire area in about 3hrs then another few hours to polish add content to it. With enough devs working the project in theory could be done by early 2009.
    I just love the hero engine and what it is capable of doing and think the other game companies who bought it will start to make MMO's quicker. This could be a new standard in fast MMO created games. If anyone is interested please visit and watch the videos here of what is capable.
    www.heroengine.com/

I keep watching and just have a real feeling that large ammounts of content are complete based on past and current screenshots. The guys with the toolset who develop from home won't have stopped alot of them wil;l be having too much fun.

Cheers for the update

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704
    Originally posted by Isane

www.heroengine.com/

I keep watching and just have a real feeling that large ammounts of content are complete based on past and current screenshots. The guys with the toolset who develop from home won't have stopped alot of them wil;l be having too much fun.

Cheers for the update

Well if the large amounts of content they are showing is based on current screens then that tells you what? That they are still working on it. But I think the older content even if they show that as new it is new to the public because we never seen it before. They are working on this one again and it is strong, like I said I expect it to pick up quickly soon and really take off because of all the development going back into it now.

The toolset is perfect, granted it doesn't fit the kind of MMO I would create in order to pay for it but it is a genuine and impressive Fantasy style toolset.

I just hope it comes to fruition soon as the game has some impressive combat and freshness about it that leaves me wanting more and others who first see it. To bad it is kinda stagnant right now in this community. The first time it was shown here on MMORPG.COM it was really taken in as something everyone wanted to see.

Who let you in the VIP section?

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

Being excited about Hero's Journey is like being scared of the cuban missle crisis...

Originally posted by Isane

www.heroengine.com/

Cheers for the update

Well if the large amounts of content they are showing is based on current screens then that tells you what? That they are still working on it. But I think the older content even if they show that as new it is new to the public because we never seen it before. They are working on this one again and it is strong, like I said I expect it to pick up quickly soon and really take off because of all the development going back into it now.

The toolset is perfect, granted it doesn't fit the kind of MMO I would create in order to pay for it but it is a genuine and impressive Fantasy style toolset.

I just hope it comes to fruition soon as the game has some impressive combat and freshness about it that leaves me wanting more and others who first see it. To bad it is kinda stagnant right now in this community. The first time it was shown here on MMORPG.COM it was really taken in as something everyone wanted to see.

It's strong , they have got it out of the lime light of retarded forumn sites and are geting on with it. The combat animes on the website have changed a number of times. They are definitly working on it.