Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumpgate Evolution: Evolution Name Change

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The American Standards Senate has requested that NetDevil’s Jumpgate Evolution change its name to Jumpgate Creationism, or at least offer an expansion of the same name alongside of the original product. The request comes after the conservative organization became concerned that impressionable children might confuse the title with Darwin’s theories on the evolution of man.

“Of course we don’t think that this game is literally promoting Darwin’s theories,” said A.S.Senate representative Lori Stephens in response to MMORPG.com’s questions. “However, the American Standards Senate feels strongly that the word evolution is misleading and should be removed from all forms of entertainment.

While NetDevil could not be reached for comment, sources close to the company say that they are considering moving to “Jumpgate Intelligent Design” as a compromise.

This announcement comes in the wake of NetDevil's announcement that they will be changing their company name to NetAngel in an effort to promote their image as a socially responsible game developer.

Read more here.

Comments

• MadmozzMadmozz Member Posts: 5

Um didnt they make a film in 2001 in America called "Evolution"? didnt see anyone wanting the name changed then  

• StamfordStamford Member Posts: 41

Oh dear.  you fell for it.

• ScorchNDScorchND Member Posts: 9

LOL!!!

• AwenyddionAwenyddion Community Manager, Star Trek OnlineMember Posts: 14

This was simply brilliant! Great job guys!

Nicole "Awenyddion" Hamlett
    Star Trek Online Community Manager

• gameshogungameshogun Member UncommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by Madmozz
    Um didnt they make a film in 2001 in America called "Evolution"? didnt see anyone wanting the name changed then

I'm not from the US, but...... you fell for it friend :p
    check your calendar ;)

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Szark

the American Standards Senate

A.S.S. FTW :) This made me laugh most of all.

• mindmeldmindmeld Member UncommonPosts: 229

nice one :D

-Semper ubi sub ubi!
    always wear underwear

• SampenguinSampenguin Member Posts: 5

Tee Hee Hee, good stuff!

• Raph303Raph303 Member Posts: 1

RAWK!

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

Hey, Jumpgate is all about evolution right?  You will either evolve into a smarter or player, of be fodder for the rest of us.

(and yes, I know what day it is) 

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• MadmozzMadmozz Member Posts: 5

Well all i have to say to that is MEH!!!!

lol

• SloppyApeSloppyApe Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Madmozz

Well all i have to say to that is MEH!!!!

lol

PWNT

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Excellent! had me fooled for a whole minute!

• YaishaYaisha Member Posts: 117

This is my fave joke this year.

• IstvanNDIstvanND Jumpgate Evolution DeveloperMember Posts: 42

Bravo to the MMORPG team for this one!

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

AHAHAHAHA! That is the BEST April fools joke ever!

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

I have to admit, this was a good one. 

/applaud

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Szark

The American Standards Senate has requested that NetDevil’s Jumpgate Evolution change its name to Jumpgate Creationism, or at least offer an expansion of the same name alongside of the original product. The request comes after the conservative organization became concerned that impressionable children might confuse the title with Darwin’s theories on the evolution of man.

“Of course we don’t think that this game is literally promoting Darwin’s theories,” said A.S.Senate representative Lori Stephens in response to MMORPG.com’s questions. “However, the American Standards Senate feels strongly that the word evolution is misleading and should be removed from all forms of entertainment.

While NetDevil could not be reached for comment, sources close to the company say that they are considering moving to “Jumpgate Intelligent Design” as a compromise.
    This announcement comes in the wake of NetDevil's announcement that they will be changing their company name to NetAngel in an effort to promote their image as a socially responsible game developer.
    Read more here.

One of the worst April fool jokes I've seen yet.... I'm surprised anyone fell for it

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• RelCenturicaRelCenturica Member Posts: 80

There's a lack of such jokes on April Fool's nowadays... This is the only one I've seen this year lol

"There's one MMO developer that doesn't want the money put in front of them - SOE"

• ahetikahetik Member Posts: 2

seeing as how I read this on the 2nd, I did fall for it for a second....then I saw the date it was posted.  Pretty sneaky guys....