Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New HE Features Added

Comments

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Nice this toolset looks incredibly flexible and intuitive...

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

This company spend more ressources on their engine then creating a MMO.  They sure have a nice engine though...

/snickers

Originally posted by senadin

This company spend more ressources on their engine then creating a MMO.  They sure have a nice engine though...

/snickers
    Total Assumption,

As HJ is developed collateral from that development can be used to enhance the engine and vice versa. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the 3rd parties developing games using the engine aren't also contributing to enhancements and idea as long as they are generic.

But to just make a sweeping statement when you don't know the development state of HJ is ammusing .. keep up the entertainment.

No it isnt an assumption, the only news that have come out of those guys in nearly a year is only and always about their engine.

People need to stop making excuses and defending something that honestly my kids might be playing, one day.

The facts are there, SIMU simply due to the nature and how their business model is setup (no stock holders) has to answer to no one. Sometimes stockholders pushing for a product is a good thing!

You claim i make an assumption, yet you make one yourself!

"It wouldnt surprise me...bla bla bla."

Hello Kettle!

• Yukari_MommaYukari_Momma Member Posts: 50

It's true and false all at the same time, since working on the engine is the same as working on their game in this case.  It is not a "one thing without the other" process.  They both get worked on side by side, one's progress helping the other.

No it isnt an assumption, the only news that have come out of those guys in nearly a year is only and always about their engine.

People need to stop making excuses and defending something that honestly my kids might be playing, one day.
    The facts are there, SIMU simply due to the nature and how their business model is setup (no stock holders) has to answer to no one. Sometimes stockholders pushing for a product is a good thing!
    You claim i make an assumption, yet you make one yourself!

"It wouldnt surprise me...bla bla bla."

Hello Kettle!

The results are in the new features so no asssumption, the model they use relies on re-use and collaborative development even if it is indirect. Defending nothing just stating fact, I fully expect a third party licencing the Engine to release a playable world before HJ is completed.

• FaeshadowFaeshadow Member Posts: 8

I can list several games that would prove that wrong.

Shadowbane, for instance, still had a month (or a few months) left of development, but the developing company (Wolfpack) were told to release it early by the distribution company (Ubisoft), and they really had no choice but to do as they were told. Now, they can only literally give the game away. It was so broken, it was the only game I ever played that literally crashed constantly through no fault of my computer, because it wasn't ready to be released.

Then there's Horizons, Vanguard, etc.

Rushing a game is never a good thing. When HJ is ready, it will be out. Simu isn't about to run out of money anytime soon, with revenue from their MUD games and liscencing the engine. And I'm confident that if they take the time to make sure its ready before releasing it and fixing the problems later (which ends up disillusioning their players), it will be a fantastic game.

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

People had this exact same mentality with WOW. It was labeled Vapourware for years.

When it finially was released, it had relitively few issues and has been a rock ever since.

With one big and MAJOR difference!

Blizzard has produced and developed best seller games before, and many of them at that!

Simutronics hasn't!

• ValendrosValendros Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 123

Believe it or not, the general population hasn't heard of Hero's Journey. SImu hasn't gone out of their way to advertise. So what's the problem?

They'll advertise when beta comes out and the every-day schmo won't know the difference, they won't care how long it's been in development.

Originally posted by Valendros

Believe it or not, the general population hasn't heard of Hero's Journey. SImu hasn't gone out of their way to advertise. So what's the problem?

Believe it or not, the General population has ...forgotten Hero's Journey, is a more appropriate statement.

Also to say they havent gone out of their way might be true for this past year and a bit, However they were at various conventions prior to the last few years and they even won best of show for E3 a few years back as rated by this very website. So to say they havent advertised is wrong!

• FaeshadowFaeshadow Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Valendros

Believe it or not, the General population has ...forgotten Hero's Journey, is a more appropriate statement.

Also to say they havent gone out of their way might be true for this past year and a bit, However they were at various conventions prior to the last few years and they even won best of show for E3 a few years back as rated by this very website. So to say they havent advertised is wrong!

Well, yes, but the general public do not usually go to conventions or E3. So, while us gaming nerds would keep up with that, most people don't, I don't think.

See i dont believe for one second that Simu is mainstream to begin with.

For example, i have been playing MUD/MMO for quite a long time. Until i heard of HJ here back in 2004 or so, i havent heard of Simu. I heard of some of their game but very VERY briefly. I consider myself fairly well versed in the gaming world and i keep upt to date fairly well.

If myself couldnt have heard of SImu or of any of their game before do you honestly think that mainstream folks will?

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

SIn you just as bad as the darkfall trolls hahahahaha

See i dont believe for one second that Simu is mainstream to begin with.

For example, i have been playing MUD/MMO for quite a long time. Until i heard of HJ here back in 2004 or so, i havent heard of Simu. I heard of some of their game but very VERY briefly. I consider myself fairly well versed in the gaming world and i keep upt to date fairly well.

If myself couldnt have heard of SImu or of any of their game before do you honestly think that mainstream folks will?

Anyone reading your post will be laughing their socks off, if you are well versed you would know of SImutronics. You have just contradicted and shown yourself up for a total phoney.

With respect to MUDS Simutronis are very mainstream.... now MMOs thats different but not what you said.

Now you tell me whose a troll?

I played MUD and even coded some content for one very very briefly. Me a phoney? LoL.......Yup...whose a troll?

I wont comment further as it brings nothing...

Now you tell me whose a troll?

I played MUD and even coded some content for one very very briefly. Me a phoney? LoL.......Yup...whose a troll?

I wont comment further as it brings nothing...

You can't comment further because you know you are wrong... Read the posts above as their may be a misunderstanding ... I said Mainstream with respect to MUDs and you then quoted that you had a background in the area which is a contradiction or doesn't read sound right as Simmutronics are one of if not the main company delivering  commercial MUD to the world.

Surprises me you hadn't heard of them.

I am in no way a troll as I like the idea of what Simmu is doing and believe in them 100%, not sure what your ideals are on this game but you seem a little negative and give the feeling/impression  that Simmu owe you something...

Well this game had and i do say had, this game had me looking forward to it. I like what they plan, but i dont see any reason to be excited. I dont see any "hope" sort of speak for this game. I mean if it comes out, awesome, but things arent really being known.

I'll give you another game, Fallen Earth. That game has been in devp. for years. They are also a fairly small dev team with limited ressources. They also have an engine they sold.

Yet with those similarities, they managed to have a QOTW each week, they managed to get their game known at various gaming expo/conventions.

That game is giving the gamers some constant informations regarding the status of the game. So no, they dont owe me or the gamers anything, but it is nice to know what is going on. This is exactly what HJ IS NOT doing.

Well this game had and i do say had, this game had me looking forward to it. I like what they plan, but i dont see any reason to be excited. I dont see any "hope" sort of speak for this game. I mean if it comes out, awesome, but things arent really being known.

I'll give you another game, Fallen Earth. That game has been in devp. for years. They are also a fairly small dev team with limited ressources. They also have an engine they sold.

Yet with those similarities, they managed to have a QOTW each week, they managed to get their game known at various gaming expo/conventions.

That game is giving the gamers some constant informations regarding the status of the game. So no, they dont owe me or the gamers anything, but it is nice to know what is going on. This is exactly what HJ IS NOT doing.

I have first hand experience of Simu so no concerns for me, have a think why it has been removed from in development. Because they won't play ball with this deluded site.

The game will come out and also be near complete when it does, you can see how it will be with the new flash videos something special, but to make something special you need a lot of depth and content and a vision. I don't think you should concern yourself with what you want a game will be available to play and you will have a choice...

I notiuce updates to the HJ site and it has been unavailable most of today may just be me but it's being updated... I also have predicted that anbother game will release using the HJ engine before HJ does, free development leveraging from others efforts pretty smart if you ask me. 

I don't expect a lot from developers, and i don't get my hopes up dissapointment should be avoided where possible. Good games never age so they have time yet before they release, the current market is nothing special no worries.

Fallen Eartn has few similarities , you may have played the Simu MUDS try those if you haven't already and it wil give you an idea of some of the game systems that will surface in HJ.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Wow HJ.  This fell off my radar a while ago.  This ever coming out?  I was impressed about 6 months ago but the old AoC and WAR took over my viewing space