Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC or 360?

I'm thinking about trying this out..

Though I hated FFXI on the PS2because playing a MMO on it was annoying as crap. (I had FFXI for PC and PS2 loved on the PC back when FFXI was good))

Is playing PSU on the 360 anything like playing FFXI on the PS2?lol and is there a place where I can try it on PC?

Thanks Impyriel for the sig^^

Comments

• JuankisJuankis Member UncommonPosts: 166

Well, you could try to download the 360 demo to see if playing with the controller would be as annoying as playing FFXI on the PS2, all you need is a Gold Live account and you are set.

As for playing in the PC, I have read on the official forums, that the default mapped keys can be a bit cumbersome, but thay cam be easily remapped, and even use a PS2/360 gamepad if that is you style.

Also its time for my Xbox 360 demo weekend announcemnet/advertisment.; this wekend Dec. 8 and 9, PSU will host a demo weekend, those participating in the event will receive an exclusive yet useless room decoration both for new subscribers to the complete game and for those already playing. The demo weekends are the best time to try the demo, as regulars players join the demo servers in order to gain the exclussive gift, thus somewaht diluting the usual cesspool that the permanent demo "comunity" wallows in.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'm been wanting to try PSU for ages now. It looks amazing. I was just wondering whether I only require a Gold Xbox Live account on my 360 to play online or whether I need to pay per month separately as well? Thanks

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by VIOL@TION

I'm been wanting to try PSU for ages now. It looks amazing. I was just wondering whether I only require a Gold Xbox Live account on my 360 to play online or whether I need to pay per month separately as well? Thanks

You need to pay separatly but you don't need an XBox live gold account.

OK thanks.

• JuankisJuankis Member UncommonPosts: 166

You don't need a Gold account to play the regular game, but you do need it if you want to download the demo (tough not to play it), also, altough not really sure, you might need it to download the Expansion (1600 MS points/$20.00 dlls at the market place).

Also, last time I checked,  when openning a new Silver account you automatically got 1 free month of Gold level subscription as a trail.

It's a pity it's not the other way around :P A gold membership only would work out to alot cheaper

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Actully im playing it on 360 and all i do is have a gold acount and that is it no other payments needed to play online.

Seriously?

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Yep im on it now char name charlespayne if you play, and basicly bussyiest universe.

• NeoDodgeNeoDodge Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Woohoo o/
    Guess I'm getting Live Gold soon then. I'd bought the game to try out the solo play -9.90€ didn't seem so expensive- and then find out how the multi was business-modeled to decide on whether I would play it online or not.

Thanks for the info !

You can NOT play this game with only an Xbox live gold account. you must have a subscrbtion. the only thing you can play for free with just a live gold account is the DEMO, which erases all characters at the end of each month.

• NeoDodgeNeoDodge Member UncommonPosts: 42

Thought I saw something like this coming.

Too bad. I hope the solo is cool enough for my ten bucks then. Thanks for the update.

Originally posted by NeoDodge

Thought I saw something like this coming.
    Too bad. I hope the solo is cool enough for my ten bucks then. Thanks for the update.

Probably not, PSU was really build from the ground up to be an online game, and the singleplayer is just tacked on.

• SirOmegaSirOmega Member Posts: 25

As far as what I know from the demo description, you can play for free up to level 20 without a subscription on the 360.

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

I'd say neither. I thought the game was horrible.

• Fayt22Fayt22 Member Posts: 2

Man right now I am very very sad and angry whenever I look at PSU...and that is because I bought a Xbox 360 Live and the PSU game to register and start playing online with other people out there...what a load of bull! I wasn't even able to get passed the credit card screen because the makers didn't even put Guam on their list....HOW GAY IS THAT!! Man I am sorry to you guys that love this game...I would love it too if I could even play with my Xbox360! Thanks for reading...

• monkeyspymonkeyspy Member Posts: 196

The question is if you buy this game used at GameStop or any other used game shop.  Will you be able sign up for a new account?  And will you still get any bonus months if Sega is offering any (like most MMO's offer one month free)?

Originally posted by monkeyspy

The question is if you buy this game used at GameStop or any other used game shop.  Will you be able sign up for a new account?  And will you still get any bonus months if Sega is offering any (like most MMO's offer one month free)?
    Yes, you can buy this game used, no key code required. It's linked to your Xbox live account.

Unfortunately, you won't get any free months.

• ConfettiConfetti Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by monkeyspy

Actually, the great thing is the fact you -don't- need a keycode to play this game. So get some friends together, buy one game, and then let all your friends install it! Your friends will only have to pay 9.99 for 45 days!

Just remember to make your friends pitch in when buying the game.

• Wizard91Wizard91 Member Posts: 5

I'd say try it out for the PC for a couple of reasons:

1. Out of the three systems, the PC has the least amount of lag and loads the quickest.

2. The PC/PS2 servers are not as large as the 360 community, but from what I hear and have experienced, they are much friendlier. If you need help getting started, they'll lend you a hand. If not, well, let me know and I can. :P

• wkdkicksass8wkdkicksass8 Member Posts: 11

I'd say the pc version for Ambition of the Illuminus because the this version you'd get to have single-player mode where the 360 hasn't got it.

Aion IGN: Elrang lvl 13
    Class: Gladiator
    Server: Spatalos
    Region: EU