Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

200 Keys?

alien1984alien1984 Member Posts: 119

I wish i had something constructive to say about this game but i have read the overview, looked at the screen shots and watched the video. I must say i really am not impressed to see another Korean title with a kiddy theme. It seems like every week they are releasing another kiddy game. A contest to play this game seems a bit far fetched...

Comments

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Agree completly with OP.I won't even play WOW because of their graphics...among other things. Going to pass on this offer.

• ThomethyThomethy Member Posts: 12

'Another Korean game' - you really must be kidding.

As I remember right not each 'Korean game' comes

from the same company. You also always can read

'Made in China' and even if some of the products of China are bad, that doesn´t have to mean that all

chinese products are bad ...

I have tryed out the game myself and i´m REALLY

impressed. In cpmparison to all the other 3D-games the graphics aren´t heartless and it really looks like an Pay-to-play-game!

Dunno judge it before u don´t know the truth plz

(One things is right at all: The videos of the game really makes it look shit :/)

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Originally posted by Thomethy

and it really looks like an Pay-to-play-game!
    from the game description:

Play whenever and whereever you want - Florensia is completely free

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• He wanted to say that it looks as good as a P2P game.

• ThomethyThomethy Member Posts: 12

Yes plz read what I say.

In the community they also wrote:

Although Florensia is a free-to-play-game, we will treat it as a Pay-to-play one

• alien1984alien1984 Member Posts: 119

To each their own. I guess this game would appeal to the young audience of like 8-13 years old.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

Surprised how people can badmouth a game before even at least playing it for a small amount of time. Videos tend to be mis-leading. I've seen games with outstanding videos then you get into the actual game and it's nothing like what they showed. So, yeah 200 keys maybe a tad small but hey until I play this game can't really say anything good or bad about it. 

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Originally posted by Thomethy

Yes plz read what I say.
    In the community they also wrote:
    Although Florensia is a free-to-play-game, we will treat it as a Pay-to-play one

saying it looks like a p2p game can mean 2 things:

- it can become p2p

or

- we will treat it as p2p

so i picked the wrong option, my apologies :p but your first post didnt make clear what u were unto

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

Last time I checked in contests you're supposed to win something.

a beta key where my character's going to be wiped afterwards doesn't sound like a prize worth entering for.

Pony up with the incentives pl0x.

Pass.

Trump 2016

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I'm actually bothered by those of you who think that the "cel-shade" art style only appeals to children.  I personally love this kind of art direction...found Wind Waker to be among the most beautiful games Nintendo ever created. 

In fact....I wouldn't mind it one bit if we started to see a little more of the old Legend of Mana hand-drawn art style infused into these games.  I'm kinda sick of "realism" to be frank....most of it is bland and overplayed.  In cel worlds and hand-drawn art worlds....even the crappy equipment and items look pretty interesting to the eye.

I'm sorry that some of you lack the distinction and class required to enjoy art in its many forms.  I can tell which of you failed your high school humanities classes for sure.  I say, bring on the art...and more of it.  Leave realism to the idiots at Sony.

• wave1wave1 Member Posts: 3

I don't really know why people who haven't played the game say that it's only made for children and that it's "only another korean game".

Personally, I like this kind of grphics, since computer games are not made to reproduce reality, they must have something imaginative, and the best way to reproduce this is cell-shading in my opinion. I have played the korean open beta a bit, and I must say that I really enjoyed the game, and if I get a closed beta key, I wouldn't hesitate to join the european/international server.

• TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by wave1

I don't really know why people who haven't played the game say that it's only made for children and that it's "only another korean game".

Because everyone on the internet has an opinion lol

But I agree with you guys, I also don't mind switching it up from game to game.

Don't confuse a players ability, with a class being Over Powered.

-T

• IsUberLeetIsUberLeet Member Posts: 104

I also agree with the above posted, cell-shaded graphics are different and can be more fun to look at. On the other hand I'd play a game with stick figures if it's fun just depends how the game comes out. Also please don't put it into korean grind-fest, I reserve that statement till after I play the game.

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by alien1984

To each their own. I guess this game would appeal to the young audience of like 8-13 years old.
    It may also appeal to mature adults who have kids of their own and are very secure of their adulthood.  It's older teens and hormone-raging college-age males who won't be playing it for fear of being laughed at by their peers for playing a "kiddie" game.  The latter group tend to be drawn to games with blood/gore/violence and sex.  But many female players like cutesy graphics so a game with fewer young males and more young females = better community? Hmm...maybe.

Will I play this game?  Well I'm not going to fight for a CB key, but once it goes to OB I will definitely give it a try.  I do hope there're characters with different skin colors though, because it seems that korean game developers like to assume everyone in the west is a caucasian.  Other than that, only gameplay matters and I'm looking forward to it.

• Relentless02Relentless02 Member UncommonPosts: 126

I second (or sextuple) what you guys, I am a 19 year old male I have no problem playing this, this kind of style appeals to me, most likely because I love anime. I can't wait, im getting my hopes way up lol.  Suck theres only 200 keys though.

• ZornichZornich Member Posts: 1

As I am in the current CB 1 Phase I can tell you that the graphics looks really good and endless small lovely details which makes an environment living. Of course you have to like this style but nothing for kids.

And btw: It is a Japanes game company and not a korean one who makes this game.

• h0lyspirith0lyspirit Member Posts: 28

This game actually looks really good and I agree with the above statements. All this 'realism' now is actually getting pretty old.

'Project Wiki' is actually alot like 'Wind Waker', for those of you who loved that, Project Wiki is worth waiting for.

For now however, Florensia looks awesome and introduces new concepts, even though some aspects of the game is found in various other MMORPG's, it shouldn't let any gamer/player be letdown by it's originality and style.

• GinnyGGinnyG Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by alien1984

Too bad I'll be 20 in August and want to play.  Aside from that you can't legally sign up for most websites unless your 13 or older.   My fiance who's 23 finds little baby animals cute as well as odd cartoon characters and he loves to play Nintendo games, which are often accused of being "kiddy"; as well as my 49 year old dad but does that make them immature?  I think not. =/
  • eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

i'm 20 years old right now and want to play. i'm signed up for the contest and who cares if it's 200. that just means less people like you playing.

hell, i don't know if it's good or bad, but it's new and everything else on the market sucks.

• CrypticRebelCrypticRebel Member Posts: 2

Looks interesting ohh and i might be a chick but i have many guy mates that are in their teen s that play games like this so i dont get why ppl think its for little kids most little kids i knw would rather play with their toy cars beat up their little sister or if their girls play with their stupid lil barbies but hey everyone to theu=ir own opinion and personally i love both these types of game and the realism ones as long as there fun who cares!!

Death is something I cannot see for life has already left me!

Friends are just people who are sent here to stab you in the back.

• minoes1minoes1 Member Posts: 7

florensia is a really nice game, i played in the cb1 and i want to get a key again!

-

• h0lyspirith0lyspirit Member Posts: 28

You keep your key from CB1, you don't need to re-apply for another....

• ArkGraveArkGrave Member Posts: 21

this game looks alot like Holic Online does anyone else see it?

• SupaidaSupaida Member Posts: 5

I played Holic...and it does not look anything alike.  I mean..it might be cel-shaded just like Holic, but they both have their differences.

<3 Spider//Supaida

• dynnaldynnal Member Posts: 15

i see no similarities

ps. i think holic is crap

i mean the graphics are great its just the gameplay i dont like