Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: New Screenshots

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The folks at EA Mythic were kind enough to share these eleven new screenshots with those of us who took the recent trip to visit their studio in Fairfax, Virginia.

Check out all eleven here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• redrust422redrust422 Member Posts: 4

Is it just me or does this game have really bad graphics?

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

Originally posted by redrust422

Its just you!  Graphics will never define if a game will be great or bad!

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• will200will200 Member Posts: 70

Just to let everyone know that this beta is restricted to a combination of low and medium graphics setting so that all testers have the same setup. If you are in beta, you cannot modify graphics quality. This allows Mythic to ensure the beta problems are attributed to the game-play systems and are not the player's PC's fault.

The lighting system isn't even in beta yet!

EDIT: Removed fanboy attitude. Added, WAR community politeness.

• vomitnationvomitnation Member Posts: 2

You would think that they should atleast turn the shadows on when takeing screenshots to show off their game.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

No it isnt just you. These look like some late 90ies Voodoo graphics, lol.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205
    Originally posted by vomitnation

You would think that they should atleast turn the shadows on when takeing screenshots to show off their game.

depends on which version of the client the machine they used to snap the shots have.  If its the current Beta version that the testers have it would explain the medium to low res setting.  These are still higher quality than older ones ...and I've seen shots they recently did on the warherald with full shadowing / lighting on and its pretty bad ass looking for an mmo game thats meant to work for dozens of folks instead of an elite few.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• viciousexeviciousexe Member Posts: 123

to me it looks like there trying to go half WoW cartoony and crappy but somehow still endearing graphics and half today nice graphics. I like them, I don't love them but the art of the IP is so good it will look great, you know the whole atmosphere of everything is really detailed.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Wow, some actual screenshots. They look good to me too, kinda like wow but taken up a few notches.

The lack of ingame assets released has made me skeptical of this game. This puts my mind at ease a bit. Atleast the female in one of the screenshots looks feminine but still bad ass. AOC's females look like skinny man chicks.

Just to let everyone know that this beta is restricted to a combination of low and medium graphics setting so that all testers have the same setup. If you are in beta, you cannot modify graphics quality. This allows Mythic to ensure the beta problems are attributed to the game-play systems and are not the player's PC's fault.

The lighting system isn't even in beta yet!

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know that. 

• IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310

The ones on the herald are a lot better.

http://warherald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=107

• Hyperboy01Hyperboy01 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Ikonic

The ones on the herald are a lot better.

http://warherald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=107
    Damn, I am definitely going to have to agree with that statement. I am pretty impressed with the guy in red holding the axe... wow!!!

Although, I really would like to see a little bit stronger graphics as the beta continues to progress. I understand what they are going for, but I think a lot of people are trying to justify a reason to move away from their current game, and, although a few people say otherwise, graphics ARE a big factor when they are looking to invest their money elsewhere.

I truly hope Warhammer turns out to be awesome, I would love to launch myself into a new world.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Originally posted by Terranah

Atleast the female in one of the screenshots looks feminine but still bad ass. AOC's females look like skinny man chicks.

QFT.

Female models look really top-notch in this game. I'd wager to say that it's really breaking away from the "early teen's wet dream" standard we've come to take for granted regarding female characters...

• GrömGröm Member Posts: 303

Funny how small things make the game great for me. I'm talking about the IP of the game. Based on Warhammer/Games Workshop that's how they've always represented a Tzeentch Chaos Warrior - the folding of metal for example on the shoulder pad and some other small details. Mythic knew by making something like Warhammer as an online game it would attract fans of tabletop and pen and paper RPG to their rank. It's only a matter of time untill you see 40K online as well (not from Mythic from what I've read).

Anyway that chaos warrior isn't the only thing but most of what they depict is very true to the IP, like as another example, the typical Imperial skull with the cross (taken from templar knights), etc... small cherished details (meaning love to the genre, love to the game IP and love to what you do in life that was for the dev team and all involved in this project) can only make a great rich game.

Wait and see...

Cheers!

• will200will200 Member Posts: 70

I didn't say the game was bad, I just thought the screenshots looked bad.
    Ok, will200.. just because it's been stated many times doesn't mean I've heard it until now. Thanks for the explanation, no thanks for the attitude. 

Sorry for attitude, I'll edit my original post. Cheers.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Only if you're comparing it to Crysis with the graphics turned all the way up.

Warhammer Online looks pretty crisp and clean from my perspective and I can't wait to see it when it's closer to launch - October 2008!

to be honest, the game really doesn't interest me and being it's an EA product just adds fuel as to why I'll be enjoying something else.  ;)

• harrimuidreharrimuidre Member Posts: 35

Ahh, dude I would remove those links with a quickness. And, yeah those shots look nice, can't wait to play the finished product.

Edit: Wow.. after looking at that site I'm absolutely drooling to play this game.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

I would have to say to watch the latest vids (March 27) over at gamespy.  The Altdorf one looks ten times better than most of the vids we've seen of this game.  It looks impressive.

uk.media.pc.gamespy.com/media/748/748723/vids_1.html

I think it's definitely a step up from previous videos.  And you can't really say the game has bad graphics.  Incomplete or low resolution, but not "bad." 

And also to say the game looks like something from the late 90's..... you have to be suffering from some mental illness that skews your perspective to think that.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.