Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROFL! This is so sad!

masuavitchmasuavitch Member Posts: 18

All the posts and threads are made by the creaters of this game! Lmao! It's so obvious - they all speak the same. They could all be one person roflz!

If you're going to make a game, atelast make the graphics slightly good. NOBODY is going to play a 2d lame-anime game. And you're games motto is "There's nothing you can't do in Elf Online" I bet I could find 10'000 things you can't do in Elf-Online rofl.

Lol who would play this game seriously? It's the worst idea ever crated. Check this review of the game out.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/beta-watch/elf-online-wants-you-possibly-326785.php

masuavitch pwnz you

Comments

• Tri_EdgeTri_Edge Member Posts: 26

i gotta say, this game looks pretty sad. i havent played it, but am not al that interestd. from what ie seen, the overview looks like it took longer to make...tch nothin you cant do. what about cprap powrd rockets, or cures for horrible and gruesum dieseases...hmm?

• cosmocowcosmocow Member Posts: 28

well i love you guys that say... looks like crap....lol...( looks)......don't look, try it before you open your trap lol.

anyways i would have to say all in all that its a preety sweet games so far...i really like the old school fight sequences. plus the enviorment is bright. i just like the style i geuss.....but as they say, to each their own.

i would give it a try.... brings you back to the good old Super Nintendo days with a hint of PC in it.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

The style reminds me of Ogre Battle way back on the SNES, it came out on PS too.  It was a fantastic game, back in 1994. I still play it every now and then.

This game *could* have potential. I'd reserve my judgement until I play it, but seriously, I know I won't play it unless I truly have nothing else.  This game may make some waves on the eastern front, but this isn't something too many westerners will find engrossing.

• CharlyTrippoCharlyTrippo Member Posts: 16

-.- I`m getting tired of people flaming 2D games...

heck, I never heard anyone complain about graphics in MUD games. because "ya DUH, they`re text based". but even so have rich content and depth that`ll keep lots of players stuck to it.

if any game looks as "horrible" as this one, and it`s made in this time of year, there`s bound to be something to compensate the low fi graphics...

if there isn`t, flame the lack of content, not the graphix.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Their description:

"Themed by the confrantation of the Imaginary force and the Evil Darkness force in the Dream Land world, the Elf Online provides a tricksy and relaxd game style with a creative and player-oriented gaming system. Jocose epic quest, risible pets, all kinds of strange shapes equipment, medal exchange system, prank system."

Mom. MOM! Luk! Weer Famouz!

And dont you DARE touch my SNES!

• KOrnfan4evrKOrnfan4evr Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by CharlyTrippo

-.- I`m getting tired of people flaming 2D games...
    heck, I never heard anyone complain about graphics in MUD games. because "ya DUH, they`re text based". but even so have rich content and depth that`ll keep lots of players stuck to it.
    if any game looks as "horrible" as this one, and it`s made in this time of year, there`s bound to be something to compensate the low fi graphics...
    if there isn`t, flame the lack of content, not the graphix.

With all due respect if it doesnt have content are you then allowed to bitch about the crappy graphics?

And what might be content to you might not be content to others.

Like the game i played for several years.  Some people prefered getting different pies to bake and having new clothes to wear and outfits to show off and even wedding ceremony pieces in order to create, while others wanted items that were more balanced for pvp and better things to hunt and less things to keep them from pvping.  

Of coruse thats just a side note in any case.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Tri_Edge

i gotta say, this game looks pretty sad. i havent played it, but am not al that interestd. from what ie seen, the overview looks like it took longer to make...tch nothin you cant do. what about cprap powrd rockets, or cures for horrible and gruesum dieseases...hmm?

LMAO  crap powered rockets!?!?!  OMG im laughing so hard im crying!!!!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• Sunfire249Sunfire249 Member Posts: 1

Kay people, making it sound alot worse than it might actually be... I haven't played it yet, but really it's comparable to MapleStory (unless you don't like it).

I personally don't like playing 2D games 'cause I like the feel of 3D, but that doesn't mean you should go and bash someone's work without even giving it a chance.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

What makes a game bad differs from person to person. A lot like graphics to go with their mmorpg experience. Some don't mind and would rather have more complex feature and have downgraded effects to the game. I can't say if elf is a good or bad game given the fact that I haven't taken the time to play it.... Therefore if people are saying it's a bad game and they are playing it then they are entitled to it.... But, if they are merely looking at pictures and being discontent by the fact that it's not another Lineage type graphics game thats pretty silly. As for the reviews of this game.... reviews are meant as a sort of neutral approach to understanding the game. They cant tell you everything, nor tell you how you the player will react to the game. I mean hey if graphics mattered as much as people say then why are games like runescape,maplestory,dofus, and a few others still up and running? Although, I do find the description the game gives itself to be a little overdrawn.. Lets fight the evil darkness blah blah blah. Note to whoever wrote that change it and make it something more appealing!

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

personally 2d is fine i likely played more 2d rpgs then 3d

However graphic matter when there are this bad

look at the avatar's faces and the npcs even

if you compare this to other games you will see just how bad its is

example Sword of the New World its f2p, or even hero online

campare graphics

Elf Online has Horrific graphics and agruably the worst even among other f2p games

When graphics are this bad they draw away from gameplay

Personally as far as graphics go its the last thing i look for in a game but still you have to have at least graphics that aren't eye sores and to the trolls out there i happen to like anime so no i am not holding any thing againist the game for using an anime art style

Go look are Sword of the New Worlds screens and Hero Onlines screens and then comment they are both f2p games so they are in the same league

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by masuavitch

All the posts and threads are made by the creaters of this game! Lmao! It's so obvious - they all speak the same. They could all be one person roflz!
    If you're going to make a game, atelast make the graphics slightly good. NOBODY is going to play a 2d lame-anime game. And you're games motto is "There's nothing you can't do in Elf Online" I bet I could find 10'000 things you can't do in Elf-Online rofl.
     Lol who would play this game seriously? It's the worst idea ever crated. Check this review of the game out.
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/beta-watch/elf-online-wants-you-possibly-326785.php

So then...You don't like the game?

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• GerecGerec Member CommonPosts: 185

"Themed by the confrantation of the Imaginary force and the Evil Darkness force in the Dream Land world, the Elf Online provides a tricksy and relaxd game style with a creative and player-oriented gaming system. Jocose epic quest, risible pets, all kinds of strange shapes equipment, medal exchange system, prank system."

MEDAL EXCHANGE SYSTEM!? Thank god, I've been wanting that in a game for AGES. And stranges shapes equipment? Where can I sign up?

• SpireaSpirea Member UncommonPosts: 6

This game sure made me happy. But not because of the gameitself, its the fact that i am laughing so hard AT them.

They have no profanity filter(LoL)

Their staff members cant speak english

They have like 20 people playing

• harshskaterharshskater Member Posts: 61

stfu dude,

1 thing i hav to say about this is that I mostly only play 2D games w/ shity graphics

if u knew anything about gameing you'd realize that thse r the FREE games w/o the horrible lag and if u ever played any 2d game for more than 30 seconds and get over graphic issues then you'd realize how much better the community is in them

the p2p games r the games w/ the huge enormous servers were u c sumone 1 time and that's the last time u meet up w/ them for the next year ur playing, it gets impossible to get to kno anyone at all.

and wut r u doing making posts on this forum about graphics, that's about 2 percent of wut makes a game good

actualy play a game bfor u go and post insults about the GMs

i dont c u making anything better than this

• NoHPNoHP Member Posts: 17

Well i guess i'll comment a bit since i play it and been following the game since close beta.. there isn't much to say the game is a bit disappointing from management department.  The game was put in a hurry for release.  There is no balance for each class.. favorite class is Brave (the tank).  No motivation for doing any quest beside the quest that you really need.  Monster drop crappy equipment that you don't even need for the monster lvl.. who need lvl 10 equip from lvl 15 monster?  etc.  The game STILL need SERIOUS english translation.. this one would get me off the game if I have to go through it enough time.  The graphic is decent for 2D game.  Battle system suck.. why would a game need timer for using potion and such for TURN BASE game? No spell healing/revive after battle.  All dead player automatically teleport back to there revival point and party disband if player is leader.  Shall I go on?  no, there's too much to list.. i made a few good points.  Last thing.. there is not enough people playing the game now compare when it first open to the WORLD. I also agree that GM suck.  Peace.. 

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

this game...its not even introduced in my country yet...or maybe a little too late?