Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do u realy want to become a gm?

keekekkekekkeekekkekek Member Posts: 3

ive been talking to one of my friends that is a gm on maplestory and said how cool is it to be a gm?he said it is not all cool as u think it would be. and thats why gms never go on enymore. i have looked up to gms and thought oh well they get free nx and stuff and get to do enything they want. RONG i tried my friends gm acc and all it is was i had a gm sign on my head 200k mesos -_- and u just have a notice sign for notices and whenh u right click a on person u can press ban.

when i went to cash shop i had no nx and looked just like a normal acc so think twice on wanting to be come a gm

one more thing u have to be over 16 years old and live in cali

Comments

• IsUberLeetIsUberLeet Member Posts: 104

...Um.. What? Sorry but I haven't played Maplestory but isn't sharing accounts against the rules? It is in most MMOs. Why should GMs get extra stuff and why are you complaining they don't? From what it sounds like they're like everyone else except they have added responsibility. Finally being 16 and living in California is probably so they can be by their HQ and so you don't go on a preteen angst spree banning people.

• DevilsBeasteDevilsBeaste Member Posts: 2

You have to know C+(+) to get/have the full effects of being a GM, such as summoning monsters, transferring from map to map,  being able to buy every equipment/weapon, and change job skills, etc, etc.  Ex.) You can change from having Arch Mage skills to a Shadowers skills.

I also think you forgot to say that they get paid every month. About $300..? I think..

• smallsnsmallsn Member Posts: 12

OF COURSE  I WOULD.

What should i do

i bloody ban everyone and run around saying dont play MS it will destroy you little by little. Bann FangBlade and go hahah waste of your life see what will happen1!!!

Jokes. 

But i will tell people it isnt good to be playing this game while destroying your life.

• ItsAlexItsAlex Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by DevilsBeaste

You have to know C+(+) to get/have the full effects of being a GM, such as summoning monsters, transferring from map to map,  being able to buy every equipment/weapon, and change job skills, etc, etc.  Ex.) You can change from having Arch Mage skills to a Shadowers skills.
    I also think you forgot to say that they get paid every month. About $300..? I think..

You don't have to know C++ to be a GM in general, since you will get cmds like !summon <monsterid> <amount> (there's no need for knowledge of C++)

Same thing to buy stuff, they've probably got a "GM shop"

• OverKryOverKry Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by smallsn

OF COURSE  I WOULD.

What should i do
    i bloody ban everyone and run around saying dont play MS it will destroy you little by little. Bann FangBlade and go hahah waste of your life see what will happen1!!!

Jokes. 

But i will tell people it isnt good to be playing this game while destroying your life.

lol so dam funny i agree but if i were a gm wich i wanna be wit all the good stuff i'd listen to everyone complain ban and do the same u say.........bu then again i quit maple already so i dun really care

imageimage

• xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77

Maybe. i guess being a gm makes people either respect or hate you. there are some out there who are jealous of the "authority and power" that gms get...but i guess this is normal in most MMORPGs

• TharantyrTharantyr Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by keekekkekek

ive been talking to one of my friends that is a gm on maplestory and said how cool is it to be a gm?he said it is not all cool as u think it would be. and thats why gms never go on enymore. i have looked up to gms and thought oh well they get free nx and stuff and get to do enything they want. RONG i tried my friends gm acc and all it is was i had a gm sign on my head 200k mesos -_- and u just have a notice sign for notices and whenh u right click a on person u can press ban.
    when i went to cash shop i had no nx and looked just like a normal acc so think twice on wanting to be come a gm

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you honestly think your friend would just share his GM account with his friends? Maybe he would if he would want to get banned. >_>

You're obviously lying.

• xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Tharantyr

Originally posted by keekekkekek

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you honestly think your friend would just share his GM account with his friends? Maybe he would if he would want to get banned. >_>

You're obviously lying.

I don't know if i agree with you or not...

• KivotKivot Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Tharantyr

You're obviously lying.

Is that post yours? I remember posting that a long time ago. Don't remember if it was on this forum though.

• UniveUnive Member Posts: 133

Well no shit, GMS are customer service people. Why would they give you free NX. Its not for your enjoyment. Its a voluntarily job to help the community.

• DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

Dude the one and only way to become a Game Master (GM) is to get a job from Wizet. You do not have to live in California. To work for Nexon, you need to speak, read, and write Korean fluently, and go to college.

You guys need to stop playing tricks because it isn't true. Your friends account happens to be fake because obviously what you said was 100% wrong. Please... get a life.