Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Collector's Edition Info

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Today, the team at EA Mythic has released details on the collector's edition for their upcoming MMORPG, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. The collector's edition, with all of its bells and whistles will retail for $79.99 (suggest retail price).

Fairfax, Virginia, March 26, 2008 – EA Mythic, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today unveiled the first details of the Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (WAR) Collector’s Edition. This premium, limited edition of EA Mythic’s massively-multiplayer online role-playing game will be packed with bonus in-game content and unique collectibles unavailable elsewhere, including an exclusive Games Workshop miniature. Only 60,000 copies of the Collector’s Edition will be available in North America, and those who pre-order the product will receive additional exclusives. The WAR Collector’s Edition carries an MSRP of $79.99, and is available for pre-order in North America at Best Buy, GameStop, EB and GameCrazy retail stores, and online at GameStop.com, EBGames.com, BestBuy.com, Amazon.com, GoGamer.com and EAStore.com.

“Collecting has been a part of the Warhammer hobby experience for 25 years, and this special Collector’s Edition continues the tradition with exclusive offerings, including an official Games Workshop miniature,” said Mark Jacobs, VP and General Manager, EA Mythic. “We are bringing the quintessential elements of Warhammer – tabletop miniatures, incredible fantasy art, and delightfully grim fiction – along with exciting in-game bonus content, together in what is sure to be one of the premier Collector’s Editions of all time.”

Find out what's inside here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Looks like the left hand doesn't have a clue what the right hands doing.

• bmcinvaillebmcinvaille Member Posts: 209

Wonder when the online sites will have them available for sale?

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

Awesome stuff! The 12 extra heads is reason enough for me to buy the game. That and the graphic novel...

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

I am all over this as soon as its available.

http://warhammeronline.com/ce_preorder/

I ordered mine from EA. But so far Amazon and GoGamer also work. The others it looks like aren't up yet.

• hellohboyhellohboy Member Posts: 1

Hey,i was wondering when will we have it for PRE-order in Europe?

• Fenris522Fenris522 Member Posts: 25

Hrmmmm.  That xp bonus, the extra quests with rewards, and the 12 new models were a terrible idea to add into the collectors edition.  Adding things that give substantial in-game help to people who pay more for the collectors edition excites those who are buying it (marketing boost), but discourages those who are not.  The majority of players are not going to buy the collectors edition, so the enormous amount of ingame bonuses added by the collectors edition are going to do some damage to the starting playerbase.

I think wow did well with their collectors edition.  They gave cool stuff like an ingame pet, and then your art books and map and all of that, but they didnt add anything that gave a direct gameplay advantage to those who spend more on the box.

-Lance

I agree with the above poster. But I have wanted the CE edition since the game was announced I normally buy the CE version of games just because you never know what they may be worth. I still have my WOW and BC CE's as well as others. I did like my in-game pets though. But other games do add special items for players to have fun with.  But you have to take the good with the bad I guess but I think they could have replaced the XP bonus and the 12 quests with something else. Maybe even some extra items or heck maybe a pet from them also that follows ya lol. But glad I got it ordered but now I don't know how long it will take for EA to get me my beta code.  Not that worried but as it was promised so I hope they send them out.

• JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

Take note Funcom, this is how you make a Collectors Edition and it's ten bucks cheaper as well.

• ChaosProdigyChaosProdigy Member Posts: 45

I tried getting it from Gamestop by the phone, they dont have it as of yet (3/26)

I think any half serious gamer will want the Collectors edition, so if you are in a position where you cant order it asap... i feel sorry because i have a strong feeling it will be sold out.

There is over 500,000 beta applications

and only 60,000 collector editions...

you do the math

Originally posted by Jadar

Take note Funcom, this is how you make a Collectors Edition and it's ten bucks cheaper as well.

I didn't order theres it seemed like it wasn't worth it to me. Everyone already gets some kinda mount+early play. I wasn't interested in the cape or anything so I passed on this one as it was a little to steep for me. I was waiting on WAR's to see what they came up with as I was gonna buy one CE version and it happened to be this one.  Glad I did it looks great so far.

Originally posted by ChaosProdigy

I tried getting it from Gamestop by the phone, they dont have it as of yet (3/26)
    I think any half serious gamer will want the Collectors edition, so if you are in a position where you cant order it asap... i feel sorry because i have a strong feeling it will be sold out.
    There is over 500,000 beta applications
    and only 60,000 collector editions...
    you do the math

Got mine directly from the EA store link on the website a few others also had it ready. But I am sure all online stores will be allocated so many so keep checking ebgames or if you wanna lock in your order then try one of the other sites. I also must say I remember when the WOW Burning Crusade CE came out ebgames had it up no time before it sold out on there site.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

pretty close release to the news that they're delaying the game.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

I got mine and all my codes from Amazon.com since Gamestop retail and online wise are still sucking wind about organization with these codes.  *pets her codes* I'm still not able to enter the open beta code but thats probably a delay in registration of the code i guess

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Originally posted by Fenris522

Hrmmmm.  That xp bonus, the extra quests with rewards, and the 12 new models were a terrible idea to add into the collectors edition.  Adding things that give substantial in-game help to people who pay more for the collectors edition excites those who are buying it (marketing boost), but discourages those who are not.  The majority of players are not going to buy the collectors edition, so the enormous amount of ingame bonuses added by the collectors edition are going to do some damage to the starting playerbase.
    I think wow did well with their collectors edition.  They gave cool stuff like an ingame pet, and then your art books and map and all of that, but they didnt add anything that gave a direct gameplay advantage to those who spend more on the box.
    -Lance

how do 12 heads, trophies, and titles give players any sort of Battle ground advantage? THEY DON"T! they just add to the look of your character.    The ring giving xp can only be used 3 times and for a short period, the other rings are most like flashy but like the J boots from EQ2 worthless after the first 10 levels.  

These items give no real battlefield advantage Mythic said that themselves.   Its just something unique and fun to add some 'character' to your character.  WoW's collector's edition was crap btw.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

-Lance

Apologies, but if you take a closer look at your xp bonus:

"Readers of the Librams of Insight are granted special insight into their own actions and earn experience at a higher rate for a limited time. (+10% XP modifier for 60 minutes, 3 uses, 90 minute reuse timer.) "

And some benefits:

"Furd's Bottomless Mug. This ale stein is encrusted with a special rune to ensure it never goes empty. One swig of its brew and you'll feel stronger and ready for a fight. Beware, this sense of power comes at a cost!"

I would say that your phrase "substantial in-game help" isn't quite warranted. The head has to appeal on a person's taste, and the xp bonus is limited uses. A number of the rewards seem to be PvE only and we don't know much about the RvR rewards (other than the titles) than they just exist. Even the dwarf one states there is a risk to using it.

Most important factor I need to point out: You don't push the release date back, on a game you are doing your best to make sure is a balanced RvR-wise, just to throw out collectors edition rewards that will butcher all your work.

Also, "the enormous amount of ingame bonuses" is non-existant as you will likely only get one bonus item per character. It seems to depend on race/class so no one character is going to be dropped in with all of them.

For the XP bonus, I won't be using mine till later levels when I feel it will be better grinding. only get 3.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

-Lance

I disagree. Extra Quests and extra heads were a great idea. Now, if the extra quests give "uber" items that one cannot match in other parts of the game then "yes" that is a bad idea. But if it looks different from anything else, then that is worth it. The heads idea is brilliant. This is the first time i've seen a collector's editon that offered "me" anything that I wanted.

In game pets? I don't care. A large map of the world? I'm tool old to put large fictional game maps on my walls. That's not going to impress many women who come over your place "oh, nice fireplace and I like the furniture... what the hell is that?"

the xp thing is a bit odd. Of course, people want to get more xp. So it's hard to turn that down. But that does seem to say "hey, buy your way to a higher lvl character".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

This will be the first CE I've bought in 29 years.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by Jadar

Yeah Got mine from Gogamer Ordered a couple more from Amazon to ebay later. 

• thranmorrowthranmorrow Member Posts: 110

4 word

Limited Edition Orc Mini.

Seeing as I play orcs on the tabletop that mini is the biggest draw for me.

As for the poster whining about the "pre order advantage" the only in game advantage I see is the xp boost which is +10% for 60 minutes 3 times.  I really don't think that letting 60,000 people earn xp at a 1.1 modifier for 180 minutes will offset a game that will have at least 500,000 players and take (estimate) 75~100 hours to hit the level cap.

• LearyLeary Member Posts: 49

Just received this month's newsletter seconds ago with this in it:

On the day we signed the agreement to license Warhammer from Games Workshop, I promised them that we would create a great and glorious game, a truly next-generation MMORPG. Today, I have news to report; we are going to delay the release of WAR until Fall 2008.  While we do not expect this announcement to be met with fanfare and cheering crowds; the additional time will be spent hammering WAR into an even better game that it is today.

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

Hammerer-ing

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

That's a pretty great collectors addition...the minitature and exclusive heads alone would be worth it for me to buy it.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• Arioch2Arioch2 Member Posts: 2

For UK people, I've found the CE online for pre-order today at Game, and placed a preorder of course!

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

Im in limbo as of where to order a copy online for a eu player !

the places they listed dont apear to have it

and i dont know if the us version differs from the eu version of the game

like WoW's hmmm im not bothered about beta i just want the extra 12 heads ! lol