Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Misisng?

andy1073andy1073 Member Posts: 10

After reading the FAQ on the site I had 2 initial thoughts.

Crafting:  It says there is crafting but its not really crafting its upgrading.  I personally love crafting.  I would be really dissapointed if they did not at a more in depth crafting system.

Player housing:  This seems to have gone away in newer MMO's.  We need houses.  If the land is so huge why not set some land aside make plots and give us the ability to own house.  Craft furniture and all sorts of things.

Just some first thoughts.  What else is missing?

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by andy1073

After reading the FAQ on the site I had 2 initial thoughts.
    Crafting:  It says there is crafting but its not really crafting its upgrading.  I personally love crafting.  I would be really dissapointed if they did not at a more in depth crafting system.
    Player housing:  This seems to have gone away in newer MMO's.  We need houses.  If the land is so huge why not set some land aside make plots and give us the ability to own house.  Craft furniture and all sorts of things.

Just some first thoughts.  What else is missing?

I believe that there will be creafting, but as you said, there are no houses, as we will be too busy questing.  Also there are guild halls, so you can go into housing.

I'm sure that craftign will be updated soon, but there is really nothing that this game seems to be missing.

• saohcsaohc Member Posts: 41

This crafting/upgrade system they have in the game is in a sense the crafting. The game itself allows you to do what you want. If you want, you can just focus purely on crafting or upgrading players equipment. It can be a business of sorts.

Player housing would be a nice touch. Other then the guild halls, there really isn't a housing system. Hopefully they will rethink of putting it in. Or it may be planned after the game is released. They did this in Lotro and it works pretty well.

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

I would love to see housing in a game.  And not that instancing stuff.  Plots of land, in the world for all to see.  Something that even may take a couple people to help build, it would be fun.  Having a home in an MMO is like a place of home away from your real home, gives your character something to belong too, a feeling of attachment to the world.  I hope this could be done somehow.  It would really help the game I think.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

TEASING YOU

For crafting and housing...SIMS 3 is coming soon.  :P

However, I can't say much about any of the sims game, so can't tell you what is new in there.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• andy1073andy1073 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Shadowlord10

I would love to see housing in a game.  And not that instancing stuff.  Plots of land, in the world for all to see.  Something that even may take a couple people to help build, it would be fun.  Having a home in an MMO is like a place of home away from your real home, gives your character something to belong too, a feeling of attachment to the world.  I hope this could be done somehow.  It would really help the game I think.
    I totally agree.  This is a long lost feature in todays mmo's. 

Another feature I would like to see is animal taming.  Where you can tame any type of animal you like to fight along side you.