Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kills this game more than anything.

Guess What???

We've finally opened up the Item Mall, which could be found in the main cities throughout Agnes.  There, you can purchase items, such as weapons and armors, which you weren't able to attain before, but now you can... with the use of SOL diamonds!  SOL diamonds are NOW AVAILABLE for purchase at your Smartcell.com account

SOL Diamond Discounts:

1000 SOL diamonds

$9.95 USD

2000 SOL diamonds (10% discount applied)

$17.95 USD

5000 SOL diamonds (20% discount applied)

$39.95 USD

Play safe and have fun :)

About SmartCell

SmartCell Technology, LLC, is a leading developer of mobile platform technology, mobile applications, and mobile online gaming solutions. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, with a research and development center in Shanghai, China; SmartCell Technology is currently working on Shadow of Legend, the world's first 2D MMORPG that can realize game play on both PC and mobile devices. More information about SmartCell Technology, LLC and its products can be found at http://www.smartcell.com/.  More information about Shadow of Legend can be found at http://www.shadowoflegend.com/.

Whoever has the most real life money has the biggest advantage. Not even worth playing for that fact alone.

Comments

• capexpansioncapexpansion Member Posts: 2

Don't you think it's not cheap for us, you'd better have a consideration about the price once more

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by capexpansion

Don't you think it's not cheap for us, you'd better have a consideration about the price once more
    Well, you better complain to the developers, then. All I've done is post the e-mail crap they sent me ( and other players also, I assume ) to let me know about their item shop ( like I'd give these quacks any money ).

There is no point to playing a game where someone can be better than you with a swipe of their credit card.

• ShadowLegendShadowLegend Member Posts: 13

Open the item mall and read before you post:)  The item mall does not sell weapons and armors, it only sells materials that can be used to make them and the process of doing rthat equires a lot of playing time.  Frankly any FTP game would have an item mall and this one is actually very cheap compared to other FTP games. 

Originally posted by ShadowLegend

Open the item mall and read before you post:)  The item mall does not sell weapons and armors, it only sells materials that can be used to make them and the process of doing rthat equires a lot of playing time.  Frankly any FTP game would have an item mall and this one is actually very cheap compared to other FTP games. 

Um, I don't need to open an item mall and look, when I have the devs own words staring me in the face: "There, you can purchase items, such as weapons and armor, which you weren't able to attain before, but now you can". So if it doesn't sell weapons and armor, then perhaps the devs should learn to read what they put out in e-mails, huh?

And most free-to-play games having item malls doesn't matter. It matters what the item mall sells.

• ShadowLegendShadowLegend Member Posts: 13

Huh, I did not receive this email so I don't know why they would say that when the item mall does not sell weapons and armors.  Must be a bad marketing mistake...

Originally posted by ShadowLegend

Huh, I did not receive this email so I don't know why they would say that when the item mall does not sell weapons and armors.  Must be a bad marketing mistake...

Could be. If so, it's a real bad screw up on their part marketing wise. I'm sure i couldn't be the only person to have gotten this e-mail, so maybe someone else who got one will post here.

• budgetshotbudgetshot Member Posts: 3

we hope the mall could sell some weapon directly, it isn't conveniant for us to compound it.

• archisisarchisis Member UncommonPosts: 58

Item Malls give a big disadvantage to those that cant afford it. I personally dont like games that offer item malls. If the game is good enough and needs funds to help with content, then charge me a monthly subscription. I'd be happy to pay if its worth it.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Well, i'm glad it has an item mall. Means it'll likely be another sense-less linear grinder that I wouldn't want to play anyway.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• ZooweyZoowey Member Posts: 17

EPIC FAIL!

Well... it's just a fail since this so called "game" comes nowhere near epic... SmartCell created over 300 accounts in Jan 2008 rating this game 10/10 on the Hype-meter because it sucks so much it was their last hope. If you don't believe me about the 300 accoutns then read the Hype-meter comments for yourself and you'll see.

• TheTruthToldTheTruthTold Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Zoowey

EPIC FAIL!
    Well... it's just a fail since this so called "game" comes nowhere near epic... SmartCell created over 300 accounts in Jan 2008 rating this game 10/10 on the Hype-meter because it sucks so much it was their last hope. If you don't believe me about the 300 accoutns then read the Hype-meter comments for yourself and you'll see.

I can believe this. It is really sad...

• GothikaboyGothikaboy Member UncommonPosts: 119

This game is so bad, i stopped after 5 minutes.

kthxbai.

Please do not hype any gam.. oh wait, nevermind... forgot what forum I was on.

• hihi0hihi0 Member Posts: 5

i dont think the item mall kill this game. Actually, almost all  "F2P" games are not absolutely free. If you wanna get your character stronger than others, you can turn to the item mall. However, you can play this game totally free, as far as i know,  cuz the boss will also drop great gears.

Pay for it or not, it depends on yourself

• QueinaiQueinai Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by hihi0

i dont think the item mall kill this game. Actually, almost all socalled "F2P" games are not absolutely free. If you wanna dress yourself unique and get your character stronger than others, you can turn to the item mall. However, the game, as far as i know, can serve as free cuz the boss will drop great gears.
    Pay for it or not, it depends on yourself

Can I get a translation please?

• lusaxxoolusaxxoo Member Posts: 4

i've been playing this game for some time. compared to other mmorpg games, the item mall of shadow of legend is more reasonable. the things bought is worthy of the price. if you're willling to work hard, you almost no need to spend really money at all, like running in the castle seige, arena. and you can also pay attention to their website, there are some activities, like guild program also can let players win the diamonds.