Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No housing? *sad*

Bah, I just found out this game will not have housing options. That's a serious blow against it.

Hope they'll implement it at a later point.

Comments

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

theres always a chance for housing. as nice as it would be if there was housing on a MMO's release. i doubt well see much of it. houseing is great to help add hype to an expansion or patch. thow there isnt much need for housing in WoW im still waitin on it ^_^

• sirslayerrsirslayerr Member Posts: 128

Originally posted by GrumpyJester

Bah, I just found out this game will not have housing options. That's a serious blow against it.
    I can only guess that they would want players you know, killing eachother, instead of talking about what sofa to put in their homes.
  • elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

It sounds like a waste of development time...though It would be cool if they added some sort of housing like they did with Lord of the Rings..the only issues I see with is that every single races would have to have their own types of houses, their own furniture or accents since you know Orcs live in huts and shacks or just on the ground...Chaos where would one live in a Vat of evil?   Crypts?    

What would happen to your hosues when your capitol has been sieged and basically set on fire by the enemy? Do you get cut off from your home until they've been thrust out of the city?  I could see alot of people relay pissed off at not being able to go to their home...mostly the ones that don't understand the focus core of the game.  

Still cool ..and I dontthink they've ever said "no" to housing just 'no' to housing at Launch.

btw when are we getting a Dead Horse Icon? 

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

OP:

Just TRY to understand what type of game we're dealing with here!

At the highest they'd have guild houses.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Guild housing has been promised from the start though there has been no mention of it recently.

Probably they'll release without it but it is definitely going to be included at a later date... However it might still be in the works - there has been curiously little detail on guild benefits so far. We do know that there will be a bunch of guild levels and that they will carry some kind of benefits for the members. They've even come up with a fresh new TM term for it: "Living Guilds system" (TM)On the other hand the devs are pretty adamant in their protection of the solo/casuals so in order not to imbalance the game I suppose guild benefits will be pretty much cosmetic and that's where guild housing might come in, maybe even at release. They might be saving this for hype purposes just before the release - this last postponement is forcing their marketing team to spread new info pretty thin.

As for personal housing I suppose we can forget about it. The devs have repeatedly stated that it would go against the very philosophy of the game." This is WAR! Soldiers sleep in their regimental barracks and don't have the time to tend the roses or do interior decorating!".. or something along those lines...

• GenoknightGenoknight Member Posts: 156

Who needs a house when theirs so much WAAGHH!

• silverqsilverq Member Posts: 52

I have a hard time picturing an orc that's into interior design. But maybe that's me

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Housing would be cool, even instanced housing would keep me happy.

A place to stick weapons and trophies etc :)

• CaedesAstrumCaedesAstrum Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Vortigon

Housing would be cool, even instanced housing would keep me happy.

A place to stick weapons and trophies etc :)

how about in your hand (preferably in an opponents chest), and the trophies on your armor :)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by elvenangel

It sounds like a waste of development time...though It would be cool if they added some sort of housing like they did with Lord of the Rings..the only issues I see with is that every single races would have to have their own types of houses, their own furniture or accents since you know Orcs live in huts and shacks or just on the ground...Chaos where would one live in a Vat of evil?   Crypts?    
    What would happen to your hosues when your capitol has been sieged and basically set on fire by the enemy? Do you get cut off from your home until they've been thrust out of the city?  I could see alot of people relay pissed off at not being able to go to their home...mostly the ones that don't understand the focus core of the game.  
    Still cool ..and I dontthink they've ever said "no" to housing just 'no' to housing at Launch.

More reason to be in PvP.

• EasyEEasyE Member Posts: 111

Chaos characters would reside in the infinite halls of the DMV, the most chaotic and evil place on earth.

Sig by WhiskeyJack1

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Originally posted by sirslayerr

I can only guess that they would want players you know, killing eachother, instead of talking about what sofa to put in their homes.

I agree.  But speaking of sofa, here is why I would get mine in game:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9146061663658970316

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by elvenangel

More reason to be in PvP.

Hehe if they ever did ad housing after launch I probalby wouldn't waste much time on it...I hate playing house.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

You could always join a guild (or whatever the equivelent is for each race) and decorate the keep you are controlling. It is the perfect place for your Empire skin sofa and your complimentary High Elf baby head lamp on a table made out of Dwarven bones. You could even paint the keep walls red with the blood of innocent NPCs and players alike.

EDIT: It would be Sofa King stylish in my opinion.

• Phaze7Phaze7 Member Posts: 93

Hey bud not to be rude or anything but what really good mmo released "housing" right from the start?

If War gets most of what they say the game is going to be then I think we'll all have a pleasant new distraction for the next few years.

I makes me "sad" when I read these crap posts from people like you that don't discuss anything constructive or meaningful.

There is not one game I can think of that isn't a joke that released housing from the start.

Please if you have no common sense then read up on things or ask a veteran player before you post balony.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Phaze7

Hey bud not to be rude or anything but what really good mmo released "housing" right from the start?
    If War gets most of what they say the game is going to be then I think we'll all have a pleasant new distraction for the next few years.
    I makes me "sad" when I read these crap posts from people like you that don't discuss anything constructive or meaningful.
    There is not one game I can think of that isn't a joke that released housing from the start.
    Please if you have no common sense then read up on things or ask a veteran player before you post balony.

UO released with personal housing and it fit that game like a glove.  In the case of WAR personal housing is just a waste of time, resources, and in no way goes with the theme or spirit of the game.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by vmoped

UO released with personal housing and it fit that game like a glove.  In the case of WAR personal housing is just a waste of time, resources, and in no way goes with the theme or spirit of the game.

btw Phase there's no reason to get rude even if its another dead horse thread rofl :)

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

I never understand people who DONT want options in mmorpg's

if you dont want housing and other people do and the option could be put in at some

point dont argue against it just dont use the feckin thing ! I loved my home in eq2

and my friends and guildies would come around to see what i made for it or what

new things id found to put in it i got a gong that when whacked it gave you a really

nice buff for 2 hours ! People would come in and look at all the stuff i found

from around the eq2 world it was really fun and added alot to the game for me.

So when people say its a waste of time you dont know what your talking about

it adds to the game and the character you have to say hay look at all these things

ive done in the game.

And about the "what if the other side takes the city"all the more reasson to fight &

take the city back !

So you dont like player housing dont use it whats the big deal

altho i do agree it would be a waste of time to develop it pre launch of the game

that times better spent getting everything working but id love to have it at some point.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by Geriden

if you dont want housing and other people do and the option could be put in at some
    point dont argue against it just dont use the feckin thing ! I loved my home in eq2
    new things id found to put in it i got a gong that when whacked it gave you a really

it adds to the game and the character you have to say hay look at all these things
    ive done in the game.

And about the "what if the other side takes the city"all the more reasson to fight &
    take the city back !

altho i do agree it would be a waste of time to develop it pre launch of the game
    that times better spent getting everything working but id love to have it at some point.

You never played Daoc did you?

Housing CAN be a big deal and just going off like that without understanding any of the reasons of the people who are against it is as dumb as you are trying to make it out to be.

Housing in Daoc pretty much killed off the main cities + the crafter community. Housing CAN definately be a bad thing!

Naturally it all depends on implementation but just saying more is always better is ignorant at best in this case.

Seeing that the housing implementation that has me holding a firm *no* to housing in most games actually comes from the developer that gave me that feeling to begin with the past issues are highly relevant in this case, at least for people who have seen it.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by vmoped

same thing with WOW i just don't see housing fitting into the theme of the game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Pheace

Originally posted by Geriden

ive done in the game.

take the city back !

You never played Daoc did you?

Housing CAN be a big deal and just going off like that without understanding any of the reasons of the people who are against it is as dumb as you are trying to make it out to be.

Housing in Daoc pretty much killed off the main cities + the crafter community. Housing CAN definately be a bad thing!

Naturally it all depends on implementation but just saying more is always better is ignorant at best in this case.

Seeing that the housing implementation that has me holding a firm *no* to housing in most games actually comes from the developer that gave me that feeling to begin with the past issues are highly relevant in this case, at least for people who have seen it.

I agree, at first I thought DAOC's approach to player housing was fairly cool (not that I'm a fan of housing though) but when they let players locate their own personal crafting tables, craft supply merchants, and what not in them it did ruin the player interaction in the cities.  If they kept it to just fluff that would be fine, let those who enjoy that sort of thing have their fun. But nothing should be implemented that takes players away to their own small little world on a regular basis. (unless it involves combat of course)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I do not suspect that WAR will ever impliment housing.  Although I do think that a guild house could be something that will be worked into the game with a later patch.  Not to compare WAR to WoW because I hate doing that, but I think WoW will eventually impliment a guild house patch and I see WAR doing the same.

I am disappointed there is no housing as well.  If AoC had housing I'd be settling on it instead, but it doesn't have it either.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by sirslayerr

lol, exactly. It is a pvp game. PVP. Priority goes with creating compelling pvp content. Not giving players spaces to entertain.

Not every game has to have housing or clothing. Not ever game has to have pvp. It's "ok" to have a game that concentrates on a theme and does it well.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MwambaMwamba Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Stellos

I do not suspect that WAR will ever impliment housing.  Although I do think that a guild house could be something that will be worked into the game with a later patch.  Not to compare WAR to WoW because I hate doing that, but I think WoW will eventually impliment a guild house patch and I see WAR doing the same.
    I am disappointed there is no housing as well.  If AoC had housing I'd be settling on it instead, but it doesn't have it either.
    Guilds build cities and battlekeeps, beats the hell outta Guild Halls and houses in my opinion.

WAR should let guilds build battlekeeps and towers like AoC will. That is a bit closer to fitting the storyline and theme, right?

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Housing require a LOT of work to implement, especially if you want to do something nice.

I am not against or for housing, I just say that such a feature requires a LOT of work, programmers would have to code a LOT to make sure housing works properly (more than for a specific server ruleset), artists get the big chunk of the work, designers have to consider a few things and think carefully about it.

I rather see a PvE-grouping focused server than more housing options...but more of everything would always be cool. :P

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren