Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's next for DAOC?

tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Now that the dragon campaigns have finished, and have been done to death, what can we expect next from Mythic?

I like to think there's more campaigns lined up, rehashing of old zones would be great to see as they did with the dragon campaigns. I'd just like new things to do when I'm taking a break from PVP, but when you've been playing DAOC on and off since 2001, you've pretty much seen and done everything.

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Does this game still have life in it? I'm thinking of downloading the 14 day trial, and am just curious if I should waste my time if it's a floundering game....

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

If you have any interest in PVP action, then I couldn't recommend DAOC more, it has a great PVP system integrated into the PVE game, and although the PVE portion of this game is enjoyable, it's not its strong point.

Try the 14day trial, it may be an oldie, but it's still one of the best MMORPG's even to this day, for sure. It has a lot to offer for new players.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

lol and yes it does have life in it still. alot really. just join the classic or the devon cluster.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Stick a fork in it...this game is done.

• SarynTSarynT Member Posts: 12

I started playing right between Darkness Falls and Shrouded Isles.  I've spent too much time cutting my losses and changing servers over and over when all my friends left for WoW and SWG and all the others.  The Classic servers breathed a bit of life back into the game for a short time... running with the zerg with the wind in my hair like the old days.  Anyway, it still hurts to think about but I think I'm ready to move on.  My question is what's next for me?  I've spent the last week and a half digging through the game list to find another game like this one, but with people on to play with (why pay to play alone when you can play alone for free).

I've played, WoW, SWG, EQ I & II, Horizons, Shadowbane, Guild Wars, etc... I always stayed with DAoC because there are no spell timers, I can move with my arrow keys, I can hotkey whatever key I want, I can change the UI and move everything where I want, and I can play a girl which I like because I am a girl (the first night I met my husband at a bar, all he could talk about in his drunken sailor stupor was some game where you can run fast with a drum and kill people? lol... 3 weeks later I passed out from exaustion at level 8 on my Armswoman).

I hate spell timers, questfesting and mousing.  I'm nuetral to crafting because my husband loves it and makes me whatever I want, so... Is there another game similar to DAoC with no endless questing, no spell timers, keyboard movement and girl toons?  ...and movable/custamizable UI?  I hate FPS and 3/4 birds eye or whatever it is... I want to stare at the back of a head or cloak or something...

Farewell DAoC... I hope one day you get fixed and people want to play again :)

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

sadly i dont think there is :(  i have looked hard to. and nothing yet i have seen or played or head of can hold to much against DAOC.  so we might have ot wait for the new games comeing out to be honest sigh,

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

It looks like the new quests just added at the start of the next campaign so that is the next thing.

There was the NF poll done awhile back.  Depending on that, I am sure they are working on that as the next big change.