Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best melee dps/solo class? ( i am eq2 newby)

ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

Just bought the game, and just installed.

I am pure newby in eq2, and havent played it yet at all, actually i am writting this, while eq2 updates it self .

So i am allways in to melee classes, just cant play fancy pants mage or something. "I need to feel blood of my enemys on mine face"

I prety much liked paladin class in WoW (Belf), Wearing plate, and huge 2h sword (before/after 2.3)

So in EQ2 what class would be Dps plate wearing class, if there is no such class, tank/dps class would be cool too! cheers!

P.S. I know i will get flammed for saying retibution paladins can dps, and that i played it like dps class! But i allways enjoyed playing it, but i am here not to talk about darn WoW or argue about loladins! So all WoW loverboys leave me alone! PLZ!

All english teachers aswell, i know my spelling is horrible, but hey! I was newer in english talking country! so BACK OFF!

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Plate wearers are not really dps but that said ...

the dps plate classes are Crusaders (Pally/SK)  and Beserker

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class

SKs are the most solo friendly of the 3

otherwise, for more dps,

recommend Bruiser/Monk (leather melee)

or Swashbuckler (Chain melee)

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

for dps on the plate classes it depends a lot on the achievement choices you made. but in my experience the highest dps plate classes are berserkers. for the others in my opinnion it depends a lot on equip and achievement lines so its hard to say who is 2nd. i guess gaurdians could alos reach decent dps but most guardians select more defensive setups.

The scout classes especially swashbuckler, brigand and assasin are very nice melee solo classes wearing chainmail, but their hardest attacks are positional and sneak attacks which requires a bit practice at start to get used to soloing with them. rangers are different again cause most of their damage comes from their bow and ranged attacks, so they require some different tactics again. bards(dirge, troubadour) are probably the hardest to solo of the scout classes but they really excel when it comes to group/raid buffs and maximizing the damage output of groups or the defensive abilities of tanks that makes them to a very important part of every raid..

also the leather tank classes (monk, bruiser) have very nice damage output and are some of the ebst solo classes in game.

• ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

Well i made myself a dwarf berserker, like i see its dual welding.... Thought i like huge 2h stuff .

Just to say... this game has really beutifull graphics, even on extreme quality, not on highest...

So guys, i started a characker, and i am completly lost! there is so much stuff! some kind of knowladge, ways of fighter, and berserker, omg! just so much stuff . I dont even know wheres mine abilities, or how do i learn new skills and magic....

Btw, i heard, that in eq2 you just start as subclass, and by lvling up, you can pick sub classes, and grow up to your final class. But in beggining i just picked a class and became berserker.... so whats the story with that now? Or i am missing something?

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by Shadowhearth

Well i made myself a dwarf berserker, like i see its dual welding.... Thought i like huge 2h stuff .
    Just to say... this game has really beutifull graphics, even on extreme quality, not on highest...

So guys, i started a characker, and i am completly lost! there is so much stuff! some kind of knowladge, ways of fighter, and berserker, omg! just so much stuff . I dont even know wheres mine abilities, or how do i learn new skills and magic....

Btw, i heard, that in eq2 you just start as subclass, and by lvling up, you can pick sub classes, and grow up to your final class. But in beggining i just picked a class and became berserker.... so whats the story with that now? Or i am missing something?

The subclasses sadly went a long time ago..very sad all part of the games "dumbing down" i suppose (and yes i do miss it)..try a wizzy great class :)

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Zerkers are the best DPS plate wearers, with the right AA set up that is.  At higher levels zerkers really dish out the damage on group encounters too. 

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Shadowhearth

Pay attention to the tool tips as you go through the introduction bits.  You get basic skills automatically as you level up (you should notice these pop onto your hotbar everytime you level up) At level 51 plus you wont get the skills automatically, you just search them out on the broker then.  
    Thank god the sub-class thing is gone.  That was just a waste of time really.  They ditched that system a while back.

• ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

Oh.....i thought its quite fun, but i had no experience with it, so i cant say...

Thx again lads!

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Berserker is the bet DPS plate class, but Brigand/Swash do quite well defensively, have better DPS and solo better.  Shadowknights are also decent DPS, wear plate and have lifetaps to heal themselves. 

If you don’t care so much about Plate/Chain/Leather you could also try a Warden with a melee spec, even though they are one of the best pure healers in the game they have respectable DPS and solo extremely well due to their combination of heals, DPS that isn’t group dependent, and defensive buffs that put them in the same range as Brigands.   They don't duel wield though

• diknakdiknak Member Posts: 70

I would have to say that Furies have better dps than wardens, but that is off topic.  If you are very strict and want a plate class, you will have to go with a tank.  Like others have said, Bezerkers are the best dps plate wearing class.  If dps is more important to you than plate, then go with a scout; there are a lot of good choices. 

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Fury isn’t a melee class and they won’t match a Warden for solo play, and probably won’t even match them for solo DPS. A Fury will certainly out DPS a warden in raids and groups though.